Hardware & Technical Windows 11 : are you ready?

your need at least and 8 gen Cpu.
  • Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with 2 or more cores on a compatible 64-bit processor or System on a Chip (SoC)
  • RAM: 4 gigabyte (GB)
  • Storage: 64 GB or larger storage device
  • System firmware: Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0
  • Graphics card: Compatible with DirectX 12 or later with WDDM 2.0 driver
  • S mode is only supported on Home edition of Windows 11. If you are running a different edition of Windows in S mode, you will need to first switch out of S mode prior to upgrading.
  • cpu >8th generation only. or you wont run it.
old link removed by microsoft has it not ready yet! :LOL:

DAte STARTED :25/6/21 : that was quite microsoft

Last edited:
My newer systems are compatible, hardware wise. However, the health check won't run on any of them, returning an error about how updates are controlled by my organization...probably because I've used Group Policy to disable the installation of feature upgrades.

I'm also not looking forward to a new version of Windows...last time I did that was probably in the NT 4.0 or Windows 95 days and every version upgrade since has been something to dread, something to do when it became necessary to run the software I wanted to run on the hardware I wanted to run it on.

I'm also not looking forward to a new version of Windows...
My rig can handle this is spades. I will upgrade, eventually.

I wasn't expecting any new Windows iteration to drop so quickly; I think the dust needs to settle on this as [sly wink] we all know how "rushed releases" can be upsetting [/sly wink], at least to some.

But I just got windows 10....
Same here. I had a machine built exactly one year ago, my first win 10 machine "I play almost all games on my win 7 machine"
Which I thought was a good price.

VR Ready Deal RTX 2070 Super (NO MONITOR)
*BASE_PRICE: [+1645]
CAS: CyberPowerPC H550 ATX Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ Aluminum Front Panel & Size Tempered Glass (Black Color)
CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i7-9700K 3.60GHZ 12MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1151
CS_FAN: Default case fans
FAN: CyberPowerPC MasterLiquid Lite 120mm ARGB CPU Liquid Cooler with Dual Chamber Pump & Copper Cold Plate
HDD: 240GB WD Green SSD + 2TB SATA III Hard Drive Combo (Combo Drive)
IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
KEYBOARD: CyberPowerPC Multimedia USB Gaming Keyboard
MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3000MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Vengeance)
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Prime Z390-P ATX w/ WiFi 802.11AC RGB, USB 3.1, 2 PCIe x16, 4 PCIe x1, 4 SATA3, 2 M.2 SATA/PCIe
MOUSE: CyberPowerPC Standard 4000 DPI with Weight System Optical Gaming Mouse
NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
POWERSUPPLY: 800 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Gold Certified Power Supply
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
VIDEO: GeForce® RTX 2070 SUPER™ 8GB GDDR6 (Turing) [VR Ready] (Single Card)
WARRANTY: STANDARD WARRANTY: 1 Year Parts WARRANTY
_PRICE: (+1645)
$1,645.00 × 1 $1,645.00

1 year old and maybe has 6 hrs played on it.
Now it's not good enuff?

I tend to upgrade only when I get a new PC, not that I am worried about upgrades, I have run various versions linux on some machines, but I don't really see a need or a point to upgrade before replacing a windows computer.

mine just says! no.... not compatible. but i think that might be just the CPU is still 7th gen & motherboard been Asus striyx b250f (ROG) but i been told you don't need to panic has wins 10 is still been updated regularly in the future.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
I had to change the BIOS setting from discrete to firmware TPM - the readiness checker now indicates that my PC is ready for Windows 11.

(ASUS Prime X570-P)

I have an old HP Z420 workstation that has 'embedded security'- is that TPM?

If I enable it, what can go wrong? Could I be locked out of my PC?

I'm pretty sure TPM is going to become the target of choice for ransomware vectors moving forwards.
We've already seen how malware can exploit TPM to make itself virtually undetectable.

Last edited:
Top Bottom