Patch Notes Update Wings Update 1.2.01/1.2.02 Incoming

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Michael Brookes

Game Director
Hi everyone,

update 1.2.01 for Wings has been released and contains the following changes:

- Fix crash in ship engine system
- Add additional help to respawn players within the same instance as their wing
- Fix a cause of missing docking GUI
- Make sure that detailed surface scanners are displayed in the right module panel
- Reduce number of spawned AI in supercruise
- Fix FSD clouds never dying in Supercruise
- Fixes for broken Asp audio
- Flatten fuel cost to be the same for all ships
- Added default keybinding for nav lock (key_minus)
- Changed references of pause menu to game menu to try and prevent confusion that the game isn't actually paused
- Tweaks to some outfitting descriptions
- Commodity typo fixes

Server Changes:

- Reduced faction influence awarded when redeeming combat bonds
- Fixed a bug that was preventing some Commanders from loading into the game
- Minor performance optimisations

EDIT: Update 1.2.02 is incoming and will be live at 17:45 GMT. It contains a single change to fix the crash introduced in 1.2.01

Thanks

Michael

Last edited:
Hmm, no-one has pounced on the new and nasty headtracking clipping bug? People are having trouble in combat since 1.2... *poke poke* etc.

Edit: QA has noticed the reports of this potential game-breaker at least, it seems :)

Last edited:

uberdude

Banned
Glad to see fuel costs are being flattened, never made sense to pay 5k per ton for the big ships if all the ships are using the same fuel. :p

@Michael why don't Frontier use Twitter to update on server status?

So much easier when gaming companies post a simple 20 letter message on twitter to let players know if server is up or down.

ive had stuttering when jumping for ages, really bad stuttering, this update seems to have fixed it, not sure if that was intentional or just a by product of another fix.

Don't know if someone already posted this but since the last update weapons don't work anymore, not from me not from a 'pirate', does give some ackward situations......

Any the game, open play, keeps on crashing at my end (now for the 2nd time)

Last edited:
Glad to see fuel costs are being flattened, never made sense to pay 5k per ton for the big ships if all the ships are using the same fuel. :p

Hmmm, probably would have been more logical to simply increase the fuel tank size dramatically for the larger ships, along with the amount required to jump a given distance. After all, would you expect to be able to drive a 30 tonne lorry (truck for those on the other side of the pond) for 100 miles using the same amount of fuel as someone in a Mini? Mind you, my Python now uses 140Cr of fuel for my normal trade route, so my margin has just gone up a wee bit on trading.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom