Patch Notes Update Wings Update 1.2.05 Incoming

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
While I approve of this, I think it sets a dangerous (pun intended) precedent for people to "request" in-game tributes for famous people who are no longer with us. Is there a starport named after Leonard Nimoy? Robin Williams? The crew of the Challenger Shuttle? You can't arbitrarily out of the blue add a starport in tribute to someone, as noble as the gesture may be, without risking upsetting some people for not adding a starport named after other famous people.

Umm, yes there is a Leonard Nimoy station, and long may there be naming of stations after famous folk, there should in fact be more. And yes they can arbitrarily name what they want, its their game and we want it. If I could rep away from you I would.

It's great to have all these regular updates but any chance of uploading them at 6 in the morning? I now have to go and do RL things on my day off! BOO!

And still no fix for Rank missions not appearing. To this day I constantly get a mission with an invite to PLX 695 when I already have it, and no Federal Mission is showing up to this day. Come on it was an issue since 1.0!

While I approve of this, I think it sets a dangerous (pun intended) precedent for people to "request" in-game tributes for famous people who are no longer with us. Is there a starport named after Leonard Nimoy? Robin Williams? The crew of the Challenger Shuttle? You can't arbitrarily out of the blue add a starport in tribute to someone, as noble as the gesture may be, without risking upsetting some people for not adding a starport named after other famous people.

The game is chokfull of stations named after famous people, George Lucas in Leesti comes to mind. The Nimoy station orbiting Vulcan is also a thing. There are likely loads of them in there, not to mention the hordes of NPCs with names paying tribute to one thing or another.

Last edited:
So, Edward, we are still stuffed on explorer ranking and have to do lots more to get to Elite, because of the revenue buffing not being backdated? I thought you said that we would be pleased with what you were doing on that?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom