Wolves

+1. Hopefully they're already working on fixing incorrect animal behaviors as that's one of the points they always sell and promote about the game. When an actual professional zoologist came here and pointed out a mistake in how a certain animal behaves that shouldn't be taken lightly imo. After all animals are the main selling point of this game - they did such a good job with the rides and coasters in PlanCo, hopefully things will get better soon!

Its not just wolves who have pack issues..only 4 adult hyenas are allowed in a pack, when realistically there can be about 10 of them! Its the same with the flamingos, only 4 adults in a group! They have groups of up to 50 or more in the wild. Its a real shame they can get pack and group limits right.. and its disappointing they dont have more interactions with eachother other than breeding and the occasional grooming.

I just noticed that the Timber Wolves have a social group of 1-2 listed in the Zoopedia. This is false (and it only requires a quick google to find out more accurate information). Perhaps there is a lack of distinction between mating behaviour and social groups (seeing as timber wolves are listed as monogamous) in the code.

Needs to be fixed before many of the other issues. Pack animals are completely worthless right now in my opinion and it strikes a fair chunk of possible animals off of my list for animals I want in my zoos.

You could allow bigger sized groups through research (like Jurassic World) or even base it on the size of the enclosure, which I can imagine being a pain to program.

Considering all the basics for such a system is already in place, I don't see how this would be difficult to implement.

- The game already knows the current size of the habitat an animal is being put into.

- The game already knows the minimum habitat requirement for an animal (shown as a fraction), as well as how much additional terrain is required for each new animal.

- The game also, obviously, knows how many animals are in the habitat and if there's more than the max population, as seen by instantaneous fights.

Going by this, it should be as simple as the following logic when adding a new animal to a habitat:

- Is the current population in the habitat at the maximum?
A) If not, add onto the required terrain space based on a new animal of the species.
B) If it is, make an even larger space requirement for the new animal.

I figure this would be simplest to solve by doubling the minimum required space if adding in an animal above the max, and so on.

... Sorry for the rambling post 😂 But when I think something should be easy to implement, I like to explain why I think so.

Tl;dr Shouldn't be hard to change habitat requirements based on a growing population of animals. It seems a lot of people tend to make habitats on the larger scale anyway, so it makes sense to add in such a feature.

Back
Top Bottom