Horizons wont upgrade

game was working just fine before upgrade but now it wont upgrade 32bit or 64 bit.it says invaladid ovx whatever that is.could someone out there in the void please give an old man a helping hand please.im not that computer savy so if you could dumb it down for me I would be very grateful.thank you.:)

I had the same problem. The solution is to find the data.ovx file & delete it. Then start the upgrade process again. That seemed to work for me. Hope that helps!

will not start

game was working just fine before upgrade but now it wont upgrade 32bit or 64 bit.it says invaladid ovx whatever that is.could someone out there in the void please give an old man a helping hand please.im not that computer savy so if you could dumb it down for me I would be very grateful.thank you.:)

after upgrade to elite dangerous horizons (64 bit) my game will not load, very disappointed as i am a beta member, i too am an older player and dont know how to solve this problem

Ian Phillips

Volunteer Moderator
after upgrade to elite dangerous horizons (64 bit) my game will not load, very disappointed as i am a beta member, i too am an older player and dont know how to solve this problem

This post explains how to get in touch with support: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=211488

this bit is pertinent for you
Therefore we would humbly request the community to send in a Support ticket primarily in situations where an account, technical or connection issue is directly impacting your ability to play Elite: Dangerous, or regarding any sales and billing issues which may have occurred. We can direct you to more suitable avenues for the following topics:

worked out problem with game not starting.i deleted ovx file and replaced it with a another ovx I downloaded from elite site.workked a charm.thanks for the help.oh and merry Christmas to all.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

I deleted the ovx file and replaced it with another ovx file I downloaded from elite site.worked a charm.all is now well.oh and merry xmas to all.

worked out problem with game not starting.i deleted ovx file and replaced it with a another ovx I downloaded from elite site.workked a charm.thanks for the help.oh and merry Christmas to all.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

I deleted the ovx file and replaced it with another ovx file I downloaded from elite site.worked a charm.all is now well.oh and merry xmas to all.

Glad to hear it's working now. Sorry my suggested fix didn't work-it did for me ;)!

Top Bottom