Newcomer / Intro Words of Wisdom (1 per account)

Never submit to the interdiction unless:
1. You have no cargo.
2. You intend to fight.

Beating the interdiction is the best training you can get for how to get on and stay on a target.

Some I borrowed from known idioms, others are my own.

-A light year is only a moment away.

-Ask not what you can do for your ship, but what your ship can do for you... in order to get me the hell away from those pirates who want my loot.

-Don't count your void opals before they're sold.

-We choose to go to the moon, not because it is easy, but because we have ED and an Oculus.

-Explore your virtual universe. Die without death. Be reborn without birth. Travel to the darkest pixels in the most remote parts of a space that doesn't actually exist. Yet, it feels real.

A picture is worth a fair few.

image.jpg

Last edited:
My list of starter tips (Hope it helps):

Always keep your destination timer at 7 seconds til you get within 5Mm of drop, bind 75% throttle to help w/this. Save yourself from THE LOOP OF SHAME. Starports have arrows pointing to their entrance when you look at their holographic popup while locked, by the way. Also ALWAYS bring a size-appropriate Fuel Scoop when travelling, and use EDDB for trading/selling. Mining for large profits takes at least 1 medium and 1 small Hardpoint (Seismic Charge Launcher and Abrasion Blaster). Finding new systems will easily eat up 2,000 or more LY travelled, but it earns copious exploration Credits. Always watch out for Gravitational Distortions, and whenever in a Black Hole occupied system watch out doubly so. Never bother those alien flowerlike ships and they typically wont bother you except an occasional scan or zealous interceptor. Do not engage bigger class ships if you aren't kitted fr 100% combat, or well defendable. Throttle down every jump as you hear the grinding sound, if it doesnt pop you at 30km/s throttle manually while pitching away from the star's CoM. Explore everything you want to see, but play it safe. And if all else fails, turn tail and boost away.

Docking computers are there to help you if you want to watch videos while docking, but like the honey badger they dont give a fek, so they will ram people and cause ship damage. either use it and accept it or dont use it and pay attention.

ALWAYS check the distance to destination in the details page on transport missions.

Cr2,000,000 for 3 tons of clothing to an outpost on a planet 5ly away? Easy money, right?

Then when you get there you're in supercruise for half an hour trying to stay awake for a 450,000ls trip from star to port. If you leave to make a coffee or walk the dog the NPC interdictors will nab your unmentionables . They know you are afk. I don't know how, but they knowz....

(I reckon it's that f!"£$%^ PS camera that came with the VR kit.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom