PvP Would like some advice on an anti-ganking Vette build

In the future, I'm looking to outfit a Vette for combat against gankers. This build is pretty much solely based on info that I've gleaned from other forum posts and YT videos, with a few changes that I figured would be worth making. I'm new to engineers and making PvP ship builds (and PvP in general; this build is an end goal for me), so any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

EDSY Link: https://is.gd/El2biK

(Assume all engineering upgrades are maxed unless otherwise noted)

Here goes:

Hardpoints:
2x 4A Multi-cannons, both with overcharged + autoloader experimental
3C gimballed Beam Laser with overcharged + flow control (note: I've decided to use gimballed weps on the large and medium hardpoints because of poor convergence)
2x 2D gimballed Beam Lasers with overcharged + flow control
2x 1D Railguns with long range + one with feedback cascade and one with super penetrator

Shields and utility mounts:
7A Prismatic shield gen, reinforced + Lo-Draw
2x 7A SCBs with Rapid Charge + Flow Control
7x Shield Boosters, 5 with Heavy Duty + Super Cap. and 2 with Resistance Augmented + Super Cap.
Heat Sink Launcher with Ammo Cap. upgrade

Armor:
1A Reactive Surface Composite with Heavy Duty + Deep Plating
2x 5D Module Reinforcements
4x 5D Hull Reinforcements with Heavy Duty + Deep Plating
2x 4D Hull Reinforcements, one with Thermal Resist. + Deep Plating, the other with Heavy Duty + Deep Plating

Core Internal:
8A Power plant with G2 Overcharged + Monstered (this build is a bit power hungry, still 100.8% usage with hardpoints deployed - I'll just set power priorities to counteract this)
7A Thrusters with Dirty Tuning + Drag Drives
6A FSD with Shielded + Double Braced
8A Power Distributor with Charge Enhanced + Super Conduits
5D Life Support, Lightweight
8A Sensors, Long Range
5C Fuel Tank

Optional Internals not mentioned already (I'm most likely going to disable these to save power in combat, as their only use is in SC):
3A FSD Interdictor with Expanded Capture Arc
1E SC Assist (I should probably replace this but I'm not sure what to replace it with)

-------------------------

Mass : 2,273.80 T empty
2,305.80 T full

Speed : 283 m/s (367 boost)

Power : 38.01 MW retracted (84.5%)
45.35 MW deployed (100.8%)
44.98 MW available

Shield: 6,378.8
Armour: 5,839.5
Damage: 192.3 burst DPS

-------------------------

I designed this build with the idea that the Corvette could easily get its modules sniped once its shields are down, so I took more shield MJ and power capacity over protection for the power plant. I figure that if I'm close to losing shields, I can just boost away and high-wake out.

My main questions:

1. Is my decision to prioritize shields over more power plant protection a good one, or should I sacrifice some power capacity in exchange for more module protection (most likely in the form of engineer upgrades for the power plant) if shields go down?
2. Is one heat sink launcher enough for this build?
3. Should I consider replacing one of my reinforcements with a fighter?
4. Are my weapon choices good for PvP?
5. Is it a good idea to push it so much in terms of power usage?

Thanks in advance for any advice about this build!

Last edited:
Don't use a Corvette in PvP if you're inexperienced.
Seriously, don't.
You'll eat lots of rebuys or will be constantly forced to run away.

Start trying with a medium or small, until you have a feeling what awaits you.
If you're experienced in PvP, you can try the Vette again.

edit:

regarding your build, imho the worst decision is to use 8A long range sensors. They weight 320 tons.
Use D rated long range.
Your damage output isn't very high either...

Last edited:
Build a Vulture OP, and do some PvP in that first, you won't regret it!

I just finished a viper build last night designed to take down the 'big ships', add me (same name) and I'd be happy to have a quick duel and see what happens...?

As Bigmaec says though, if you want to fight gankers, you'll probably want a big wing over a big ship o7

Don't use a Corvette in PvP if you're inexperienced.
Seriously, don't.
You'll eat lots of rebuys or will be constantly forced to run away.

Start trying with a medium or small, until you have a feeling what awaits you.
If you're experienced in PvP, you can try the Vette again.

edit:

regarding your build, imho the worst decision is to use 8A long range sensors. They weight 320 tons.
Use D rated long range.
Your damage output isn't very high either...

I figured it probably wouldn't be a good idea to jump right in with the Corvette. Definitely wouldn't want to eat those expensive rebuys right away either...
I'll start off with something smaller like an FDL or Chieftain/Vulture and then move up. This was really just to establish a price point for me to work towards sometime in the future, as my Corvette is sitting in the hangar right now doing nothing. Also, thanks for the advice with the build. I'll change the sensors and see if I can tweak the weps for more DPS.

Build a Vulture OP, and do some PvP in that first, you won't regret it!

I just finished a viper build last night designed to take down the 'big ships', add me (same name) and I'd be happy to have a quick duel and see what happens...?

As Bigmaec says though, if you want to fight gankers, you'll probably want a big wing over a big ship o7

I don't actually have this built yet (probably won't for a while seeing as how expensive the vette is to outfit), and I'm not very experienced in PvP. So in the end you'd be fighting a stock vette with a very inexperienced pilot (we both know who'd be winning that one). I appreciate the offer, though.
I'll look at some PvP Vulture builds for now and see how I do with those. o7

Vette is in slghty better position in PvP than Asp Scout. Vs 2 medium ships with competent pilots, it's just GG, if miracle happen, and you win, it's impossible with your current loadout to score a kill. Vette have some use in wing fights, as long as there are enemies of similar speed. This ship does't make any sense as combat vessel, you are slighty faster than t-9, speed buff is badly needed to be something more than ultimate PvE combat ship.

Vettes are great for 1v1mebro activities.

In wing stuff, you'll likely get left behind, or get focused so hard you get yeeted into a system over pretty quick. They're total plasma magnets, man.

I'd say get an FDL and a couple friends instead.

Top Bottom