Would this new computer run Planet Coaster?

Hello all,

I just wanted to say that I'm really overwhelmed with everything that we've seen so far. Frontier is doing everything right and the game looks incredible. I'm only a little annoyed at this moment that there is not some sort of direction when it comes down to min. specs. I've got an okay laptop when it comes down to gaming, but I'm really not sure if Planet Coaster is going to run on it.

This is what keeps me from buying early bird at the moment cause what if turns out that my laptop doesn't meet the minimal requirements? I do not have the budget to just buy a new computer of € 1000,- or more for 1 game (very good one though) like a lot of you do apparently. So that would mean that I would throw € 67,- away.

Can you please share a little more information Frontier? [ugh]

I was wondering about specs myself. i'm a total novice interms of hardware requirements, it's all pretty hard for me to comprehend.

I have a Pacard Bell laptop at the minute but im thinking of upgrading in the next year but i don't want to be spending a fortune.

anyway, my question is do you think the specs will be similar to Cities: Skylines? I have that on my current machine but i have to run it at a reduced rate.

Cites specs.

CPU:Intel Core 2 Duo, 3.0GHz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+, 3.2GHz
CPU Speed:Info
RAM:4 GB
Video Card:nVIDIA GeForce GTX 260, 512 MB / ATI Radeon HD 5670, 512 MB
Free Disk Space:4 GB

I suspect this will be wanting something around:
CPU - 2.2GHz
RAM - 4GB DDR3
Video RAM - 1GB GDDR3

Most likely higher for the alpha while they try and optimise it.

Hey! I put a PC together for you. Should be faster and cheaper than the one you showed us!

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Q2BXgs

better than playing with low fps or bad quality!

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

I am also looking to upgrade in the next few months. I am going for an i7, 16gb, GTX970m and Samsung SSDs... If Planet Coaster doesn't run on that, then its time to throw the towel in.. [noob]

welcome to the club!

Last edited:
i3 will definely be a problem. my friend has one and he doesn't go to good on games sometimes and he has a GTX 960.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Hi, I also wanna know if my PC can run Planet Coaster!
Specs:

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 Gigabyte OC Windforce 4GB Edition

CPU: Intel Core I5 4460 3.20 GHZ

RAM: 8 GB RAM

Windows: Windows 10 (64x)

You will without a doubt haha.

Last edited:
According to some people planet coaster uses the same engine as Elite Dangerous, and i am unable to run elite. So does that mean i wont be able to run Planet Coaster?

My specs are on this website;
http://www.megabuy.com.au/hp-pavili...-hdd-win81-all-in-one-desktop-pc-p583995.html

CPU:
Intel® Core™ i7-4785T with Intel HD Graphics 4600 (2.2 GHz, 8 MB cache, 4 cores)

GPU:
Intel HD Graphics 4600
AMD Radeon R7 A360 (2 GB DDR3 dedicated)

RAM:
16GB

Windows 10 64bit

Last edited:
According to some people planet coaster uses the same engine as Elite Dangerous, and i am unable to run elite. So does that mean i wont be able to run Planet Coaster?

My specs are on this website;
http://www.megabuy.com.au/hp-pavili...-hdd-win81-all-in-one-desktop-pc-p583995.html

CPU:
Intel® Core™ i7-4785T with Intel HD Graphics 4600 (2.2 GHz, 8 MB cache, 4 cores)

GPU:
Intel HD Graphics 4600
AMD Radeon R7 A360 (2 GB DDR3 dedicated)

RAM:
16GB

Windows 10 64bit

Only thing holding you back is the Graphics. You will most likely need a graphics card. Integrated graphics doesn't go well on any game. I have a PC with a gtx 970, and I have a laptop with Intel HD 4400. The laptop doesn't even like to run RCT3 well most of the time.

I have an Intel Core i7 6700HQ quad core CPU in my laptop. With Intel HD 530 graphics and 8GB ram. I am not expecting stellar performance but I can run Elite Dangerous quite well on high setting ( which is what it defaults to) at 1366 x 766 which is fine for the 15 inch screen.

I am not looking for anything spectacular but I think I will be able to get something out of PC atleast.

Only thing holding you back is the Graphics. You will most likely need a graphics card. Integrated graphics doesn't go well on any game. I have a PC with a gtx 970, and I have a laptop with Intel HD 4400. The laptop doesn't even like to run RCT3 well most of the time.

Ive got an all in one computer, so it'll be complex to try to fit it into my very weird looking all in one D: my all in one is like a mac, well similar.

Ive got an all in one computer, so it'll be complex to try to fit it into my very weird looking all in one D: my all in one is like a mac, well similar.

If its an all in one the changes of you being able to upgrade the GPU are virtually NIL unfortunately, so if you want more GPU power you are going to have to buy a new PC.

What about my ATI Radeon 6870? (its about as powerful as a gtx 470)
I dont really have the money for a new graphic card [cry]

Top Bottom