Would you use an exploit in Elite Dangerous?

What's an exploit? that's a really grey area
IF if's against the rules, a banable offense, certainly not
IF it's not against the rules, that means it's permitted.

So what's an exploit? an easy way of getting results counts as an exploit?
Like a relog at Dav's Hope?
Like getting 300 millions out of stacking massacre missions? (or whatever current mean of getting big credits)
Like using a g5 murder boat to gank a harmless noob flying a non-engineered ship in Deciat?

IMO the "exploit" concept - if it's not a banable offence - then it's nothing more than a load of bullcrap...
as in if you dont play how i want you to play, you are exploiting type of bullcrap

I will use cheat codes etc to my hearts content in Single Player Games, for example in the Mass Effect

and no, i would not cheat, not even in single player games.
last time i did that was during the time of iddqd

Last edited:
Are you asking for a "friend"?

Seriously though, I don't see the point of using exploits in ED even if I was tempted.

Would you use an exploit?
Are there any things that you consider ok that others consider an exploit?
What is “too much”?
Does it make a difference that it’s a multiplayer game?
What about exploits in other games?

I sometimes take advantage of game mechanics when they fall in my favor and use third party assistance like Inara and EDDB as well. I don't consider that "too much" and don't consider those to be exploits. I do think, though, that folks who use these advantages constantly are depriving themselves of a lot of the enjoyment that comes with game progress simply because they are impatient or what have you.

I draw the line at bots and trainers in multiplayer games, and people who use them should be permabanned.

In single player games I don't care what people do.

I've used the Cylon Taxi a few times, but never been to Borann, won't relog HGE's, been to Dav's a few times in the last few years, but never got to the top of that big mountain yet...
Visited the Guardian sites several times - but with others who wanted the blueprints..

I do get enough fun getting 'stuff' the way it is found - that'll do.

What is an exploit?

I go by a simple code of conduct in any kind of online game or community.. Abide by the 'Terms of Service'.. I just use whatever I consider improves my game. Say I discovered a way to make 1 BIl credits per hour? Sure.. I'll use it. I can fly the cheap missions later with 1 Bil in my bank.

For those doubtful cases (like HGE farming through exit game/log back in) I have made sure to check that Frontier has confirmed it is not against TOS.

I provided a service and all* my passengers arrived safe and sound. The maintenance costs on my Cutter were huge!

* Well nearly all.

There comes a time in life where you have to jettison... things. I mean, yeah. Right?
I've not carried passengers for a few weeks - but your comments brought back the 'take your passenger to XXX instead and sell as slaves' offers that used to pop up in comms - It has been ages since the last I saw 🤷‍♂️

Yes, because first of all it's the game that became unfair: With the introduction of the overpowered loot chase it let go of any semblance of fairness in MP and by effectively nerfing progress with the vanilla version it manifested its unfairness for PvE, or SP, too.
However, these two factors are so frustrating that I don't even bother playing it anymore.

I've not carried passengers for a few weeks - but your comments brought back the 'take your passenger to XXX instead and sell as slaves' offers that used to pop up in comms - It has been ages since the last I saw 🤷‍♂️
I didn't even know that was a thing, I mean, such a BEAUTIFUL THING! Plot twist: "You're not my passengers, you're future slaves now! I hope you choke on that coffee, you snotty idiots."

I didn't even know that was a thing, I mean, such a BEAUTIFUL THING! Plot twist: "You're not my passengers, you're future slaves now! I hope you choke on that coffee, you snotty idiots."
It was quite common for me, in the early days the amount being offered for each passenger delivered was more than the mission paid...
I miss those, if only as it would 'fit in' with my 'developed' character quite well ;)

"Now if you would look to you left you will notice the guards with the high powered assault weapons, and on the right there's a selection of standard issue slave collars. Fallon spaceways would remind all passengers that they will be spending the rest of their lives with one of the two."

I don't think I ever ejected any but now you mention the double cross I think I did sell some super whiny ones.

My issues are that things like rare trading and the robigo(probably not spelt right) run - were concidered "Exploits" - but looking back now, you can make more credits peeing on a dog. But they were great fun to do, and if kept at the credit rates they were at the time - were nothing, but fun.

Top Bottom