Wregoe YK-P e5 -83

There is no such system. Both in game, or at star map websites, there is no system with such name, and it probly means you uncorrectly wrote system name.

It's also possible that this is the procedural name for Sol. Understand how the system works, you can still select systems in Colonia and other places using the old procedural names, but when you get there with the galaxy map they will display the name that FDEV has selected for display. Many star systems have multiple names in the database, but only one of them displays in the galmap.

For instance the system I am in at the moment GD 140, also has the name HIP 56662 listed in the system map, typing either of these these names into the galaxy map will take you to GD 140.

However you are having a different issue, entering that name, Wregoe YK-P e5-83 in the galaxy map takes me here; BinaryLightTest B, which is rather strange, I doubt it's even a proper system, so I don't know why it's taking you to Sol. It appears that Wregoe YK-P e5-83 and BinaryLightTest B are the same system. I must check that system out, it's a strange name!

RMilHvZ.jpg

Nope can't plot a route there, as I expected it's not a proper system, some sort of test system for FDEV experimenting with the lighting system. The system BinaryLightTest B doesn't even appear on the galmap unless you type in the actual name Wregoe YK-P e5-83, then it appears, and you can't plot a route to it, you can select it as a target, but if you try and jump to it that way the game immediately crashes....oops!

Last edited:
It seems that in Horizons this search tries to take you to this BinaryLightTest system, but it is not selectable/visible in the galmap so it just snaps to Sol as they're very close.

So it seems the "bug" here is that the Odyssey galmap reveals this system when you search for it.

I wonder what other kinds of weird dev systems could be found this way...

I've just had a look at this in the game. I can see the system, and the name just as in the pic a few posts above & based on the name shown it seems obvious it's a test system for FDev as FrogsFriend describes. No real mystery there.

But where did you get the system name in the thread title from Bonesaw, and why is the lack of access to regular Cmdrs not understandable?

I've just had a look at this in the game. I can see the system, and the name just as in the pic a few posts above & based on the name shown it seems obvious it's a test system for FDev as FrogsFriend describes. No real mystery there.

But where did you get the system name in the thread title from Bonesaw, and why is the lack of access to regular Cmdrs not understandable?
99% of these threads are usually caused by searching system names that have been datamined as special for one reason or another.

It seems that in Horizons this search tries to take you to this BinaryLightTest system, but it is not selectable/visible in the galmap so it just snaps to Sol as they're very close.

So it seems the "bug" here is that the Odyssey galmap reveals this system when you search for it.

I wonder what other kinds of weird dev systems could be found this way...
Don't know about devsystems but the way the odyssey galmap search works allows you to plot routes to comets that don't have visible assets...

Learning about this gave me an epiphany and I was able to look for more hidden systems using gaps in available data.

For example If Synuefe YH-H d11-80 exists (by a different name) then 0-79 should exist too.
Synuefe YH-H d11-55 doesn't (isn't known) and is FX Eridani B (same place as FX Eridani) and is un-plottable like these systems are usually.

This feels similar to HD 112028 / Struve 1694 B.

Synuefe YH-H d11-55 -> FX Eridani B
Synuefe HS-J c25-1 -> RW Doradus B
Wregoe JT-Z d13-59 -> V0839 Centauri B
Swoilz YV-C d59 -> QW Telescopii B
Synuefe GO-O d7-13 -> V1363 Orionis B
Synuefe OF-L d9-2 -> 6 NU-1 Canis Majoris B
Synuefe DN-H d11-3 -> HI Puppis B
I did this by writing a script that goes through data dumps from community sites and calculates the proc-gen id for all the known systems near Sol and looks for sequences that have missing numbers. It gives a lot of false positives and can miss stuff too.

These all seem to be catalog stars and there's probably hundreds or thousands of these depending on the distribution of binary systems in the original dataset(s).

BinaryLightTest A-side is probably Wregoe YK-P e5-82, but that's truly hidden from view.

Learning about this gave me an epiphany and I was able to look for more hidden systems using gaps in available data.

For example If Synuefe YH-H d11-80 exists (by a different name) then 0-79 should exist too.
Synuefe YH-H d11-55 doesn't (isn't known) and is FX Eridani B (same place as FX Eridani) and is un-plottable like these systems are usually.

I did this by writing a script that goes through data dumps from community sites and calculates the proc-gen id for all the known systems near Sol and looks for sequences that have missing numbers. It gives a lot of false positives and can miss stuff too.

These all seem to be catalog stars and there's probably hundreds or thousands of these depending on the distribution of binary systems in the original dataset(s).

BinaryLightTest A-side is probably Wregoe YK-P e5-82, but that's truly hidden from view.

Would it be fair to assume that when IRL stars were added to the stellar Forge, nearby proc gen stars were removed? It would explain the gaps in the proc gen names.

Would it be fair to assume that when IRL stars were added to the stellar Forge, nearby proc gen stars were removed? It would explain the gaps in the proc gen names.
I think it's the other way around - they first add the stars from real life catalogs and then the proc-gen stars if there's room. I don't think there are (or can be for technical reasons) actual gaps in the final numbers of proc-gen system names, just hidden/removed systems.

I think it's the other way around - they first add the stars from real life catalogs and then the proc-gen stars if there's room. I don't think there are (or can be for technical reasons) actual gaps in the final numbers of proc-gen system names, just hidden/removed systems.

I don't have enough of an understanding to argue that so fair enough I suppose. The effect would be the same though I think, gaps in the proc gen names.

I guess given the crazy out of game requirements to solve some in-game puzzles like decoding the sounds of unknown probes it's not beyond reason that FDev could have put Raxxla in one of these hidden systems.

Yes - the real-life ones all have procedural addresses as well. Most likely works by generating the procedural system normally (so that the rest of the procedural systems are right), then overriding some or all properties in the final readout (which might include hiding them altogether).

So Wregoe AC-D d12-34 for example gets its name, coordinates and composition completely rewritten. Others might just get a name and coordinate edit but already have the right primary star class and so the contents of the system are still procedural (e.g. Maia which has gained a black hole binary partner)

(And at least in some versions - don't know if it works with the current map - you could extend the procedural addressing system off the normal edge of the sector, so Sag A* could be given a highly-implausible but still working Core Sys Sector address)

That's sort of how it works but it's not about room, it's about mass. The catalog stars are added to the galaxy for the type and size and mass (roughly, we don't really know for sure about all of them). Then the procedural stars are added according to the available mass in the region left over from the catalog stars. The amount of mass in each region is calculated first of all, catalog stars added, and the remaining mass assigned to procedural stars. The rough distribution of star types etc is known, but still we get errors like the sharp edged boxes of stars and the Neutron exclusion zone etc, it's a complicated process and didn't always work properly.

If the cat stars took all the available mass in a cube region then there would be no procedural stars at all in that region I suppose, but I think that's highly unlikely.

This also maybe why no one has found " Raxlla " yet, is called something else

Top Bottom