X52 Button Symbols Reference

Hi folks,

In the key mapper - there are lots of lovely symbols for the X52 buttons and axes etc... but nowhere on the internet can I find a single reference that shows me what actual buttons these symbols correspond to. For example, how am I suppose to tell what button D with a circle around it is? Does anyone know if there is a nice picture somewhere on the world wide web that shows which physical button on the joystick corresponds to the symbols?

Here's a challenge for you smart people: can you find anything anywhere in any of those pictures that has the symbols and images used in the key mapper?

Here's a challenge for you smart people: can you find anything anywhere in any of those pictures that has the symbols and images used in the key mapper?
Calibration%20Dialog%20Box.JPG

EDIT: Also, did you try going into the controls options in-game and re-mapping a button, any button, and going through all the buttons, writing them down, and then cancelling the changes?

EDIT 2: I mean, you're raging at us for you not using your brain cells. It's honestly not hard.

Last edited:
The symbols are presented like they're helpful in the keymapper, but they actually aren't. The picture you show above is the precise reason I posted because there is no correlation between the button numbers and what you see in the key mapper. E.g where do you see the D button? I thought I must have been missing something obvious, it seems a bit silly to have to go through the process you describe above... but that's the only way I suppose. Maybe I'll make the correlation picture since it doesn't appear to exist anywhere

The symbols are presented like they're helpful in the keymapper, but they actually aren't. The picture you show above is the precise reason I posted because there is no correlation between the button numbers and what you see in the key mapper. E.g where do you see the D button? I thought I must have been missing something obvious, it seems a bit silly to have to go through the process you describe above... but that's the only way I suppose. Maybe I'll make the correlation picture since it doesn't appear to exist anywhere
So I say again, (admittedly it was an edit to my above post) .... go into the game, go into the options, controls, pick a control, any control, go to remap it. Press a button on the X52, see what the game says it is, note that down on a piece of paper, remap the same control, press another button, write that one down, rinse and repeat until you have done all the buttons. Then you'll have a list of what the game says the button on the X52 is. It shouldn't take long.

Stop criticisng us on a forum when you could find the answers for yourself.

EDIT: FWIW I have an X52.

Last edited:
You're right - it is easily done and I apologize if I ruffled feathers - it just struck me that these symbols look like they are supposed to be helpful, but if I have to go through the process above (using the controls remapper to decrypt them) it defeats the purpose entirely and we would all be better off if the windows control indentifiers were used instead (e.g. "Joy 3") .

You're right - it is easily done and I apologize if I ruffled feathers - it just struck me that these symbols look like they are supposed to be helpful, but if I have to go through the process above (using the controls remapper to decrypt them) it defeats the purpose entirely and we would all be better off if the windows control indentifiers were used instead (e.g. "Joy 3") .
I agree it could be better, the properties window (image linked above) doesn't help much when it says button 1, button 2 etc and the game says B, C, D. You said yourself that the button identifiers, ie the letters, were rubbed off, so there's half your problem.

There has only been one button I can't find (due to me being lazy) and it comes up as something like [X52456] ... I could find it if I could be bothered :p
Also, button 33 is the scroll wheel on the front of the throttle control, most people miss that one.

Top Bottom