X56 Throttle Won't Zero Despite Deadzones

Hi Guys,
Can anyone offer advice on how to resolve this - I've never had this issue in game previously with this HOTAS. I logged in last week and after an update I now have a minimum speed of +4 even with throttle at zero and deadzones set. I've tried unplugging the throttle in game and this causes the ship to stop at 0 speed as expected, but once reconnected the speed of +4 returns. Also I've reinstalled drivers and the issue remains.

Thanks in advance. :)

Hi Guys,
Can anyone offer advice on how to resolve this - I've never had this issue in game previously with this HOTAS. I logged in last week and after an update I now have a minimum speed of +4 even with throttle at zero and deadzones set. I've tried unplugging the throttle in game and this causes the ship to stop at 0 speed as expected, but once reconnected the speed of +4 returns. Also I've reinstalled drivers and the issue remains.

Thanks in advance. :)
Going by my X52 Pro. Do you have the throttle set to forward/reverse thrust? My speed does to 50% when I unplug my HOTAS, mine is set to Forward.
It could be the indent that is stopping you going to 0%.
But you say it worked before an update. Thinks! :)

I don't have a hotas but I was thinking could the windows calibration tool save value be slightly (4%) outta wack
in other words do all anlouge inputs zero there correctly in the devices properties in the windows control panel
just a thought......
else joystickcurves may work

Last edited:
Going by my X52 Pro. Do you have the throttle set to forward/reverse thrust? My speed does to 50% when I unplug my HOTAS, mine is set to Forward.
It could be the indent that is stopping you going to 0%.
But you say it worked before an update. Thinks! :)
Thanks for the reply but I've tried both options for throttle start position and still the same problem.
Yes, it was fine before.

I don't have a hotas but I was thinking could the windows calibration tool save value be slightly (4%) outta wack
in other words do all anlouge inputs zero there correctly in the devices properties in the windows control panel
just a thought......
else joystickcurves may work
Good call - thanks. Just checked this and it seems there may be a conflict between windows calibration and the Logitek driver / programming software as the range windows is seeing is from 0 - 1023 (0 being throttle full forwards, 1023 fully back) but windows doesn't allow throttle calibration or deadzones (except for ministicks!!!) so I'm having to use the Logitek software for deadzone + calibration but it doesn't seem to be communicating the deadzones I've set up to win calibration. This means with throttle in the full backwards position, windows is showing a value of 1017 and not 1023 - this seems to account for the constant +4 speed I'm seeing in game. :-( Ironically full forwards is showing all correct values.

Any further suggestions very welcome!! :)

Is throttle showing 4 or is it actual speed?
After doing a calibration in the X56 software, try using the in game dead zones. With my X56 it was the throttle thumbstick, (mapped to maneuvering thrusters up/down/left/right), that just constantly drifted at 2-3 M/s. Widening the dead zone in game on that axis just a tiny bit put an end to my troubles.

Good call - thanks. Just checked this and it seems there may be a conflict between windows calibration and the Logitek driver / programming software as the range windows is seeing is from 0 - 1023 (0 being throttle full forwards, 1023 fully back) but windows doesn't allow throttle calibration or deadzones (except for ministicks!!!) so I'm having to use the Logitek software for deadzone + calibration but it doesn't seem to be communicating the deadzones I've set up to win calibration. This means with throttle in the full backwards position, windows is showing a value of 1017 and not 1023 - this seems to account for the constant +4 speed I'm seeing in game. :-( Ironically full forwards is showing all correct values.

Any further suggestions very welcome!! :)
joystickcurves was going to be my next suggestion. :)
You say that you are using the Logitek software for deadzones.Is that via "banding"?
Have you tried the deadzones in joy.cpl? The deadzone is in the centre of the range but what I would call the span operates on the 0 and 100% of throttle travel.

Is throttle showing 4 or is it actual speed?
After doing a calibration in the X56 software, try using the in game dead zones. With my X56 it was the throttle thumbstick, (mapped to maneuvering thrusters up/down/left/right), that just constantly drifted at 2-3 M/s. Widening the dead zone in game on that axis just a tiny bit put an end to my troubles.
Thanks - will try this.

In windows calibr the throttle when pulled fully back still shows a positive value (should read 1023 but reads 1017) - I'm assuming this why I have the issue in game - which is that I am unable to slow to less than +4 speed.

But I will double check the thumbstick and any other possibilities if only to eliminate them.

Last edited:
joystickcurves was going to be my next suggestion. :)
You say that you are using the Logitek software for deadzones.Is that via "banding"?
Have you tried the deadzones in joy.cpl? The deadzone is in the centre of the range but what I would call the span operates on the 0 and 100% of throttle travel.
In the Logitech software I am just going into Settings for the throttle and manually adding a small deadzone value, but when I apply the change, Windows doesn't see it even if I add a HUGE d/z!!

joy.cpl - please excuse my technophobia! ;-DDD

regarding the Logitech stick suite /driver( rem I don't own one so guessing game)
if its older software sometimes just using a different older windows compatabilty mode in its icon properties
might get it to reg (cant hurt for a rule out)

In the Logitech software I am just going into Settings for the throttle and manually adding a small deadzone value, but when I apply the change, Windows doesn't see it even if I add a HUGE d/z!!
What Logitech S/ware? All I have is the ST s/ware from Logitech and I can't see any deadzones. 😖
I have also got a piece of s/ware that clears the registry for the HOTAS. Then you calibrate the stick by moving the axis zero to full scale ten times. It did not help my problem where the throttle goes from 0...100% then the last 1/16" goes to Zero.

joy.cpl - please excuse my technophobia! ;-DDD

You're not my wife under a different name, are you? ;)

With the X56 I avoid using windows calibration at all. It seems like if you use it, it ignores the X56's software calibration. I don't use Windows Joystick calibration on my VKB or Virpil joysticks/throttles either. Just their own software, and then tweak dead zones in actual games if needed. Which seldom is except when I use a throttle as both forward and reverse and as such need a bit of a dead zone in the center.

What Logitech S/ware? All I have is the ST s/ware from Logitech and I can't see any deadzones. 😖
I have also got a piece of s/ware that clears the registry for the HOTAS. Then you calibrate the stick by moving the axis zero to full scale ten times. It did not help my problem where the throttle goes from 0...100% then the last 1/16" goes to Zero.

You're not my wife under a different name, are you?

Attachments

• 1Capture.PNG
    1Capture.PNG
    658.4 KB · Views: 100
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    684.6 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Yayyyyy!!! Problem appears to be solved - It appears to have been caused by the thumbstick (set for manoevering thrusters). I've set a small deadzone in game and it appears to have cured the issue.

Thank you all for your suggestions and help. Much appreciated. :)

Yayyyyy!!! Problem appears to be solved - It appears to have been caused by the thumbstick (set for manoevering thrusters). I've set a small deadzone in game and it appears to have cured the issue.

Thank you all for your suggestions and help. Much appreciated. :)
i just did almost brain surgery to figure this out, and hey same thing, the thruster stick was drifting about 2 m/s what trew me off was it was drifting forward, yet when I landed on a planet shortly after it was drifting to the right .. gravity maybe ... confused AF ... anyway adding deadband to the thruster stick fixed it for me, this micro joysticks seem to always sending somethings.

Top Bottom