Work In Progress Xanadu - WIP

Okay I'm having problems figuring this out

Xanadu Blender.jpg

Xanadu 3D.png

View attachment Xanadu.fbx

i had the same problem but i fixed it.

in Blender duplicate the Object to another layer - rename it to YOURMODELNAME_L0 - YOURMODELNAME_L5 (so you have 6 duplicates)
Create a hitcheck (its just a box roughly the shape of your object) call it: YOURMODEL_hitcheck
select your model + all LODs + hitcheck model (REMEMBER TO SET ALL LAYERS THAT CONTAIN THESE OBJECTS TO VISIBLE)
then export as .fbx (check selcted only in export panel)

then it should work

Tried something for you and it worked, I don't quite understand how flexicolors works yet but it turned out ok. I'll send you the file tomorrow if you want [happy] I added some metal glossiness

20181120234147_1.jpg

20181120234445_1.jpg

20181120234457_1.jpg

Oh, heh heh heh, I was messing around in Blender, started from scratch, and it uploaded, not sure how it turned out yet

Yah, I'd like the file, then I can see where I goofed, heh heh heh

Brett C

Frontier
The whole LOD thing is confusing me, also it keeps asking for Render Levels also

As per our documentation,

Levels of detail
chrome_2018-11-20_19-20-32.png
For engine performance reasons every scenery item must have 6 level of detail (LOD) models.

The Level of Detail or LOD is a process of swapping models to 'less detailed' models that look the same over distance, as the camera moves away from the model the simpler models replace the more complex model. This allows for detailed models to be placed in game while maintaining good performance.

There is a total of 6 levels of detail that are always required as part of the model or it will fail submission.

• LOD_0 - Highest detail model 100% triangle-count
  • LOD_1 - 60%-80% triangle-count of the highest LOD
  • LOD_2 - 40%-60% triangle-count of the highest LOD
  • LOD_3 - 20%-40% triangle-count of the highest LOD
  • LOD_4 - 10%-20% triangle-count of the highest LOD
  • LOD_5 - 0%-10% triangle-count of the highest LOD

TLDR: LOD level 5 is when the player is really zoomed out, LOD level 0 is when you are right on top/or-near the object. You want to optimize your LOD levels, otherwise you introduce very notable FPS lag when you layer your object in with everything else that a person has placed in the game.

Top Bottom