XBOX Controllers not Recognized while Using Quest 2 via Link

Hey folks, wondering if someone else has run into this problem. I have ED working fine on the Quest 2 via USB Link while running the Rift version of ED and the game set as normal to headphones graphic output. However, for some reason 90 percent of the time it does not recognize my XBOX 360 controller (wired) or my newer XBOX core bluetooth controller. Has anyone managed to get those controllers working with the Quest 2 in Rift mode? For me it's randomly worked one or two times, but most of the time they're completely non-responsive even in the menus.

Yes, there seems to be some kind of issue and I'm also not sure where the problem exactly is.
I can play complete remotely ED with my Quest 2 + XBox BT controller connected, HOWEVER this does only work the first time. If something disconnects for e.g. for stand by purposes, I'm not able to reconnect.

So you are not alone. ;)

This isn’t an issue with the Elite window losing primary focus on your monitor, is it?

If I accidentally click the mouse on the desktop, my headset still works perfectly fine in the game but my Xbox 360 controller ceases to work - until I click back on ED’s window on my flatscreen.

I can’t confirm your problem as I use a Rift S, not a Quest 2. Might be worth checking though?

Thanks for the responses. Interestingly, when the button presses on the XBOX controller aren't being registered in Elite, they do activate the Rift menus.
I've been able to sort of fix it by taking the following "golden" steps.

1. Leave the Quest 2 attached to my PC by cable on boot.
2. In Windows audio, leave the output set to my monitor, not the Oculus headphones.
3. Start Elite from within the Rift menu.

Antioch, I get the same effect as you with respect to the mouse after doing the above, but that wasn't the problem before I did the above; even clicking the mouse inside the Elite window to make it the primary focus would indeed make the mouse with the bitmapped Elite cursor active, but the X360 controllers still wouldn't work.

My best guess it that the Oculus software is grabbing the input data from the controller and not passing it through to ED, but for now at least it's working most of the time on the wired XBOX 360 controller; the new XBOX bluetooth core controller however still is a no go.

Thanks for the responses. Interestingly, when the button presses on the XBOX controller aren't being registered in Elite, they do activate the Rift menus.
I've been able to sort of fix it by taking the following "golden" steps.

1. Leave the Quest 2 attached to my PC by cable on boot.
2. In Windows audio, leave the output set to my monitor, not the Oculus headphones.
3. Start Elite from within the Rift menu.

Antioch, I get the same effect as you with respect to the mouse after doing the above, but that wasn't the problem before I did the above; even clicking the mouse inside the Elite window to make it the primary focus would indeed make the mouse with the bitmapped Elite cursor active, but the X360 controllers still wouldn't work.

My best guess it that the Oculus software is grabbing the input data from the controller and not passing it through to ED, but for now at least it's working most of the time on the wired XBOX 360 controller; the new XBOX bluetooth core controller however still is a no go.
A pity it’s not an easy solution - I’ve had a quick look on the Oculus forums and it seems to be a known problem, so hopefully a software update will fix the issue 🤞

had problems myself. Go to steam settings - controller- then the button under big pucture controller settings. make sure generic gamepad is set there. click RMB on elite in steam libary - properties - controller and let steam overwrite the settings ( there should be a list with xbox / playstation and so on. After that start elite in seamvr. only this way i could play with xbox one controller connected via bluetooth

also check in elite launcher for check for XInput under options

Top Bottom