General / Off-Topic Xbox One keyboard & mouse speculation thread.

Howdy,

I was trawling through the news as I do most mornings in among the usual tragedy and scandal I and came across this article: Microsoft and Razer might be working on an Xbox keyboard and mouse partnership - Windows Central and also this one: Microsoft reportedly partners with Razer for Xbox mouse and keyboard support- Neowin

Regarding the long standing promise from M$ regarding keyboard and mouse support for the Xbone. Personally I'm not really in the market for such a device, nor a HOTAS. With my lounge and seating setup wouldn't allow effective use of one. The M$ Elite controller does me fine. However, a title named Sudden Strike has just been released for Xbone which a K&B combo would be a distinct advantage, though controls will be optimized for the default controller.

I'm aware that some CMDR's here would prefer the K&B method if only it were available. Whether or not it ever comes to fruition will become clear in the fullness of time.

A little research also yielded this device, which purports to allow K&B support on the Xbone already. The Xim Apex essentially a USB dongle which can be configured via a smartphone app. Though it's DPI, accuracy, reliability and general usefulness remain a matter of personal conjecture.

Posting here as I thought some of you may find it interesting? Stimulate discussion, etc. Then again, maybe not. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cheers, o7

Howdy,

I was trawling through the news as I do most mornings in among the usual tragedy and scandal I and came across this article: Microsoft and Razer might be working on an Xbox keyboard and mouse partnership - Windows Central and also this one: Microsoft reportedly partners with Razer for Xbox mouse and keyboard support- Neowin

Regarding the long standing promise from M$ regarding keyboard and mouse support for the Xbone. Personally I'm not really in the market for such a device, nor a HOTAS. With my lounge and seating setup wouldn't allow effective use of one. The M$ Elite controller does me fine. However, a title named Sudden Strike has just been released for Xbone which a K&B combo would be a distinct advantage, though controls will be optimized for the default controller.

I'm aware that some CMDR's here would prefer the K&B method if only it were available. Whether or not it ever comes to fruition will become clear in the fullness of time.

A little research also yielded this device, which purports to allow K&B support on the Xbone already. The Xim Apex essentially a USB dongle which can be configured via a smartphone app. Though it's DPI, accuracy, reliability and general usefulness remain a matter of personal conjecture.

Posting here as I thought some of you may find it interesting? Stimulate discussion, etc. Then again, maybe not. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cheers, o7

Being on PC nowadays, I like all the peripheral support compared to my time on the Xbox. I'm kinda surprised that Microsoft would be teaming up with Razer as opposed to the likes of Logitech though...Razer make decent gaming keyboard and mouse combos but very little else by way of peripherals. I have a Razer gaming mouse but a Logitech gaming keyboard for instance (since it had way more functions than the Razer one), I also have a Logitech HOTAS in the X56.

Logitech would be a more sensible option since besides their excellent M/KB setups, they also make HOTAS rigs and many other well supported hardware devices.

Last edited:
Ubisoft said to report folks using mouse and keyboard on Rainbow to microsoft as its cheating. I assume theres an adapter available to use mouse in xbox ?

Its gonna break multiplayer games. I play console because I dont like mouse and keyboard.

Top Bottom