Xbox one x loud fan

Since the update the xbox cooling fan sounds like a jet engine during take off. I had the issue with Gears 5 only. Now elite causes the same problem.

I'm expecting my xbox to blow up soon should this continue.

ED is a pretty demanding game. It loads PC hardware more heavily than most other titles, and I'd expect the same from the XBox version.

As BongoBaggins hints at, you're going to want to make sure your console is cleaned of dust.

My PC's graphics card's fans sound like a jet on take off! There are only a couple of games that do that...
(Dishonored, Assassin's Creed, Trainz).

All are heavy users of the graphics. I don't know the exact details of the X box cooling system, but make sure that as much dust and grot is cleaned out as possible.

Fly carefully

CMDR ColP

you could always watercool your xbox one. Im fixing to replace my 4790k with a 3700x and will go aircooled this time. I plan on cracking open my one, replacing the crappy hard drive with an ssd and using the the soon to be spare kraken x60 cooler for it.

Set the game to 1080p mode, it will mean less load on the GPU and less heat generation. A lot of 4K games do this on X unfortunately.

Since the update the xbox cooling fan sounds like a jet engine during take off. I had the issue with Gears 5 only. Now elite causes the same problem.

I'm on PS4 and I have an extremely loud fan during ED also. it's real quiet anytime I'm watching Netflix or Hulu or Disney plus or YouTube but during games like Ark and Elite it's almost loud enough to drown out the TV.

I still have the original Xbox One and the only time the fan winds up is when switching quickly between games. I was going to upgrade to an X but not now the new console is out in only a year. Mine is years old (first year release) and it struggles with all new games... but copes just fine with Elite (some sound issues but nothing major). Hopefully it'll last another year...

I had this issue lately and even had my console power down to avoid overheating while playing black ops 4 zombies and a couple of times during Elite typically in the livery screen or in free cam in stations, vents were clean with no dust build up so i bought one of these.

Since plugging it into the rear usb port on my xbox my xbox has remained quiet, even on the fans lowest setting, so i don't think the xbox'x built in fans are much use at air circulation.

There's a really good chance that (depending on the age of the console) you'll benefit from changing the thermal paste on the X. I did my 2 Scorpio Editions with some Arctic Silver 5 just before christmas and they're now completely silent no matter what game I play. One X is surprisingly easy to take apart and put back together again.

Top Bottom