XBOX PLAYERS PLEASE READ! You may not realize you don't have the full game installed.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
We are looking to update the Store details when we release Horizons to help clarify this, its slightly complicated because there are Bundles we sell which contain Licenses to unlock parts of the game.

Anything with 'Edition' is a Bundle. The ED Arena Edition allows people to purchase just Arena, ED Standard Edition allows people to purchase the current 1.x game. We'll be releasing some Horizons Bundles to allow people to purchase Horizons.

Everyone gets the Elite Dangerous Physics Engine (which on Horizons launch will be changing name to Elite Dangerous Core) and controls the flight simulation and physics behind all Elite Dangerous titles.
Elite Dangerous: Arena gives people access to the Arena content - this will appear in your My Apps & Games.
Elite Dangerous gives people access to the current 1.x content - this will appear in your My Apps & Games.
Elite Dangerous: Horizons (when it launches) will give people access to the 2.x content - this will appear in your My Apps & Games.

So long as you have the Elite Dangerous Physics Engine installed and the others 'ready to install' you should get access to which ever flavour of the game you purchased.

We'll put an FAQ up on our Support pages when Horizons launches.

Thanks for the clarification Gary. I'm relieved to hear everything is in good order. Sorry everyone if i started any confusion. I Love the game and want to help where I can. I may have been a little overzealous but that's only because I care.
As for those asking how I felt it improved the game id be happy to explain. And based off of the Light Gary has shed maybe these were just coincidence. I was able to find Arena matches. My Galaxy map felt like it loaded quicker and super cruise transition felt smoother. A friend of mine before he installed the remaining 2 items was getting messages in game that said Something along the lines of "there are too many people playing online with unofficial versions of the game and you might get kicked". And he did get kicked a lot. When he installed the remaining 2 items it stopped happening. Maybe people hadn't downloaded the latest patch or something.

Anyways I appreciate the quick reply and explanations.

While you here Gary can I just ask where we will be buying horizons from will it be the xbox or Frontier Store?
I imagine you are in serious crunch time at the mo so no worries if you don't answer I'll find out soon enough.

While you here Gary can I just ask where we will be buying horizons from will it be the xbox or Frontier Store?
I imagine you are in serious crunch time at the mo so no worries if you don't answer I'll find out soon enough.

I'm 99% sure it's the Xbox store.. if not I won't be happy anyway..

But yea we already got CQC on the XB store so I don't see why Horizons, it's all kinda shaping up to it with all the different editions.

But yea we already got CQC on the XB store so I don't see why Horizons, it's all kinda shaping up to it with all the different editions.

This is what i think as well

I agree and hope that's the case . The more moving parts the bigger the chance something will go wrong.

If FD could sell their product direct to us on the Xbox we would be buying paintjobs direct from them. Any DLC has been through Xbox store only & I cant see Horizons being any different.

To confirm what others have already posted - Horizons will be purchased from the Xbox Game Store.

Good stuff thanks for the answer.
The reason I asked is I would buy the Frontier points before hand if it was being done that way.
Any chance of a sneak peek at horizons running on xbox or am I pushing my luck ? =)

@Gary Richards - I used to play on PC but am now on Series X. I just downloaded Elite Dangerous Standard Edition via my Game Pass. Do I need to install the other two options in 'ready to install' to have the full experience? What is the purchasable game option on the Xbox Store? Does that include more content or is that just a way to purchase the full game so that I can still play it when it is removed from Game Pass?

Last edited:
@Gary Richards - I used to play on PC but am now on Series X. I just downloaded Elite Dangerous Standard Edition via my Game Pass. Do I need to install the other two options in 'ready to install' to have the full experience? What is the purchasable game option on the Xbox Store? Does that include more content or is that just a way to purchase the full game so that I can still play it when it is removed from Game Pass?
Gary is no longer in charge of this game. There is nothing else to buy atm, the store option is what you have guessed: to continue when it is removed from game pass.

Woah, I haven't seen this thread in 5 years.
Hey Nef! Long time no see, srsly.

Gary is no longer in charge of this game. There is nothing else to buy atm, the store option is what you have guessed: to continue when it is removed from game pass.

Hey Nef! Long time no see, srsly.
Yeah it has! I've been around, just mostly quiet. Though I did pick up in talking again recently in the forums as I'm testing Odyssey on PC! 😮 🏃‍♀️🚀

Yeah it has! I've been around, just mostly quiet. Though I did pick up in talking again recently in the forums as I'm testing Odyssey on PC! 😮 🏃‍♀️🚀
Dude! Joined the master race, huh? Bit jealous tbh, I am a bit salty BC of.the console delay though I understand it. Have fun in the alpha.

Dude! Joined the master race, huh? Bit jealous tbh, I am a bit salty BC of.the console delay though I understand it. Have fun in the alpha.
I did! Got a pretty decent rig, too. Though I've spent most of my time in Odyssey sitting in an Apex shuttle and dying outside of it the moment I get to my destination. 🤣

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom