Ships Yet another mining build help thread

Alright so I just bought this thing.
https://inara.cz/cmdr-fleet/31654/1338849/
Obvs mining build, going to try ultra-efficiency double painite mining because I need to unlock Celene Dion anyway. I can't remember, for max AFK mining laser charge, is it grade 5 charge enhanced with super capacitors or weapons focused with super capacitors? I also wish I could get a fuel scoop on it that wasn't terrible like a 2A but I don't really feel like sacrificing anything else, the 4A shields are sacrifice enough already and I'm hoping to just have them protect above their class with some engineering later down the line more than anything. I know a Type-9 would be more efficient but I feel like I could use this anaconda later down the line for other things as well, and worst comes to worst I can always go VO mining in my Python again anyway. I'm just looking for a couple more opinions on this and a couple of tips for this double painite thing, never done it before. Thanks folks.

No refinery! Also for painite mining you don't need a PWA.

My laser mining Anaconda
Oh yeah figures I forgot something. And yeah you're relying on prospector spamming for surface mining pwa only shows subsurface and core, gotcha. Man, I'm already pretty module starved, not sure what I can get rid of. Well if I'm doing painite only I don't need a lot of bins so I can ditch the hangar.
Edit: Yeah 2A refinery should be fine, 6 bins is plenty. Cluster capacitors better for the experimental then? I figured super conduits would help for outpacing the discharge.

Last edited:
Cluster capacitors better for the experimental then? I figured super conduits would help for outpacing the discharge.

I haven't really used that ship in a while, but I don't think it makes much of a difference, with 4 pips to weapons the 8A PD can keep those mining lasers going pretty much indefinitely, IIRC.

I haven't really used that ship in a while, but I don't think it makes much of a difference, with 4 pips to weapons the 8A PD can keep those mining lasers going pretty much indefinitely, IIRC.
Oh sweet easy enough. It's late or I'd go take it for a spin tonight

Lose one of the mining lasers a medium needs 4-5 collectors to keep pace, I always go A rated (engineered lightweight) on limpet controllers as they have a good balance of range and duration it's not that hard to move outside the range of D grade collectors.

Here's a Vette miner I use for double Painite https://s.orbis.zone/53vr

Aight gotcha yeah it kinda sucks not using the whole C3 anyways, think I'll slam another multi in there. And that makes sense about the collector range, especially for something big and long like a conda or vette

You need more collectors.

2x medium mining lasers will keep busy 9 collectors with ease.
3x medium mining lasers will need 12 collectors...

How about This Annie, 320t, 9 collectors, 2x mining lasers, some defenses
edit: you need to check utility mounts placement and make sure the PDT's cover the underside - where the cargo hatch is.

PS> Ultra efficiency doublepainite minining means a Cutter with 512t cargo, 3x medium mining lasers and 12 collectors. :)

You need more collectors.

2x medium mining lasers will keep busy 9 collectors with ease.
3x medium mining lasers will need 12 collectors...

How about This Annie, 320t, 9 collectors, 2x mining lasers, some defenses
edit: you need to check utility mounts placement and make sure the PDT's cover the underside - where the cargo hatch is.

PS> Ultra efficiency doublepainite minining means a Cutter with 512t cargo, 3x medium mining lasers and 12 collectors. :)
Ah crap, had a feeling I wasn't quite there. Even Type9s don't have the internals for 12 collectors and 500t or so I imagine. I should probably just stick with the VO mining, 192t isn't bad at all and especially for a ship that can land on mediums. I think I might just get the 10 painite for Selene and then just start making a battle barge. We'll see how this performs though, if I get a good cr/hr rate. Thanks for the tips

Size 7 shield, reactive armor, a rated thrusters

I certainly would not go below a size 6 shield gen, reinforced, if you intend to motor around in open, I'd put armor on it too. If you go Painite mining you don't have to use a PWA true, but, I keep mine outfitted to do core mining as well because when you find one it's an easy 12-16 tons in one shot. If you go double-hotspot mining exclusively then yeah, cores are a waste of time compared to just lasering everything.

Lots of good info here. I like packing a PWA just for fun. I'll prospect those golden goodies to see what's there. I quit taking seismic charges because they slow me down but if I was VO blasting, I'd need one or two. Mining is so fun to me now.
GL HF

Top Bottom