You can now link your PSN account to EDSM.net to log your journeys!

hi all, I can't seem to get this working.
I've logged into ESDM, have entered my commander name, have authorised Frontier with my PS4 login, I have opened up the game at the same time - but the data isn't going through. Any ideas?
Is this part of the problem?:
Screenshot 2020-05-16 at 17.04.02.png

Last edited:
And a follow up question - does this only log things that happen while the ESDM page is open? Or does it back date from the last time you opened it?
So for example, I play for 2 hours, then open the ESDM page at the end to 'scan' the progress I made in 2hours?

You need to go into Dashboard and let it sync
1 day worth of game journals with 2 minutes between imports

and you need to keep the browser window active.

I did. The red box has disappeared, it's scanning. Gets to the end and says 'Frontier service not available.'

Which side do I log in on? The left or right?
PS thanks for your help!

Do I log into the right hand side every time? Or just the once?

Ok done. Now scanning without the red box. Says last synced message Apr 29...
Screenshot 2020-05-16 at 17.39.25.png

Got to the end, and says this:
Screenshot 2020-05-16 at 17.40.07.png

:(

Do I log into the right hand side every time? Or just the once?

Ok done. Now scanning without the red box. Says last synced message Apr 29...
View attachment 173435

Got to the end, and says this:
View attachment 173436

:(
EDSM sync tries to sync every day, so if you did not have played this day, you get this misleading answer. Try to let it run for some time and your data will be synced if you reach the present day.

Last edited:
Ok I'm trying again - Once the orange bar reached the end I got this again. This happened last time, and this is a brand new registration after deleting the last one.
What does 'Frontier auth service currently not available' actually mean??

Screenshot 2020-05-18 at 10.46.18.png

To be honest I'm a bit fed up with this.

I go to ESDM website, am faced with two log in pages - one on the left that seems to be for ESDM, and one that seems to be for Frontier. Which one do I use? No idea. There's no clear procedure of setting this up so I'm left guessing, so I try on...then I'm then told:
"The currently linked account is your Frontier account associated with your console one." which is exactly what I was told to do. I have no idea what this message means, but I follow the instructions to unlink it, and then I just go round and round and round.

Is there ANYONE out there who can give me an idiot-proof step by step guide to how to set this up from scratch before I bin the entire idea altogether?
Surely it must work? Surely I'm making a mistake somewhere??

Thanks!

Ok, here's what I just did.

1. Set up registration account / password on ESDM on the LEFT hand side log in.
2. Log in using the LEFT hand side
3. Authorise account using the Frontier network
4. Done. Back to EDSM dashboard.
5. No red box alert! Great!
6. Syncing
Screenshot 2020-05-18 at 11.09.44.png

Is this normal? Do I just leave it all day until it actually syncs up and works? Why is it saying 26th April as the last synced message??
And most importantly, do I simply avoid the RIGHT hand side Frontier Authorisation log in? I.e. I should only ever log in using the left hand side?

thanks, I really like the look of this website but its a pain in the ass to set up.

Seeing the update bars alone indicates the connection to frontier services worked. Whats the problem in detail besides seeing the above message. Is any data from your frontier account synced? Do you see anything on your dashboard?
Thanks for replying..see my next reply and ask me anything else you need. I noticed the date has gone back to April 28. No idea what is happening. No data at all on the dashboard.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-05-18 at 11.16.30.png
    Screenshot 2020-05-18 at 11.16.30.png
    36.7 KB · Views: 186
Why does the screenie 2 post up say 'last synced message 18 May' and the presumably newer one '26 April'? And as I stated before the message under the update bar does not mean the sync did not work at all.

Top Bottom