You know when people complain about Mission Reward not covering fuel cost?

Well... they are NOT exaggerating.

Come on Frontier... what is this already?

80 Credits.png

Hehe, that's almost as good as the passenger mission I got on Obsidian Orbital. "Hi, I want you to fly me outside to that tourist beacon just outside this station. I can't give you any money, but here's 1 nano breaker". Made me chuckle.

What are the 4 commodities? Best be something decent.

But one thing, the mission generator doesn't appear to take into consideration how far a station is from the primary, only how far you have to jump.

The price of the commodities is deducted from the overall reward of the mission.

Those 80cr is basically spare change left after the guys went ahead and bought the commodities for you. They could have gotten you a bottle of cheap wine, or a 3302 copy of Elite: Deadly DCCLIII Heroes of the Federation Edition, but those would have had to be ordered through a different courier and they did not want to chip in to pay for that.

Don't know what the commodities were.

Honestly I have zero interest in missions that give me commodities cause I just have to sell them anyways, or carry them around if it's engineering stuff.

Carrying them around due to Frontiers lack of implementing some kind of warehousing option and consequently being attacked by every pirate that scans me is out of the question.

Thought it was quite amusing to see 80 Credit reward though -_- Not exactly the best way to publicize your mission if you want someone to actually do it.

Its more annoying when you see
"kill deserter blah blah in so and so system for 1.5 million cr"

So you set off in your trusty 'conda , find the target and find out he's in a wing of 3 other deadly 'condas

After paying off the repair bill (and bought some new underwear) you find out that the 1.5 million reward only covers 1/2 the damage cost

Bill

<<never ever doing that again

If those commodities are Modular Terminals, I'd go to Hutton Orbital for them.

All other commodities are NOT engineer-related anymore, I wonder why they are still in-game.

And sometimes it is useful to take a mission for minimal or no money if you want to gain reputation with that faction.

So, it is not a money-maker, but it might make different, desired things.

Its more annoying when you see
"kill deserter blah blah in so and so system for 1.5 million cr"

So you set off in your trusty 'conda , find the target and find out he's in a wing of 3 other deadly 'condas

After paying off the repair bill (and bought some new underwear) you find out that the 1.5 million reward only covers 1/2 the damage cost

Bill

<<never ever doing that again

Friend of mine got an assassination mission for 3 million or so. Show up at the USS with a clipper, notices a wing of 40 waiting... he dropped the mission.

I would take that mission. I have no problem donating cr and this mission obviously won't give me a significant richness so you could understand it in sense of a weak form of donation.
Also if it's to deliver to hutton orbital it's an insta accept.

Done a few like that, but only when I'm going to the destination anyway for other reasons or other missions. When it fits with a trade route I tend to think why not? It at least helps cover fuel costs and increases my rep.

As a side trip or main mission though, they can wait for the next guy coming through.

I've done quite a few 80Cr missions. They give just as much rep as a 10MCr one, not to mention the material rewards. :)
And a mission in my AspX tends to only use about 20Cr of fuel. ;)

If those commodities are Modular Terminals, I'd go to Hutton Orbital for them.

All other commodities are NOT engineer-related anymore, I wonder why they are still in-game.

And sometimes it is useful to take a mission for minimal or no money if you want to gain reputation with that faction.

So, it is not a money-maker, but it might make different, desired things.

I'd go to hutton for just a single cracked industrial firmware!

when I first got this game the cost of fuel was expensive considering its the most abundant commodity in the galaxy.
now its CHEAP and can be picked up for no cost.
costs button's to buy..
moaning for the sake of moaning!

Last edited:
I got a bounty once that literally did not pay the cost of the hull damage from pulling the guy from hyper space. IIRC i was flying a vulture so i had neither the extra power or space for kw or other scanners.

I can't give you any money, but here's 1 nano breaker". Made me chuckle.
but you'd take the mission if you needed that nanobreaker.

e.g. one mission, pays 18k and a CIF, 500,000 Ls from star to destination - repair bill around 350k. and yes i did it. several times actually.

Top Bottom