Powerplay Zachary Hudson needs you! - A thread for the supporters of Zachary Hudson

As a newbie to this game, I'm trying to figure out this whole power thing. Both me and my friend are thinking about Zack, but haven't a clue what to do and how to do it. Also how it benefits us.

As a newbie to this game, I'm trying to figure out this whole power thing. Both me and my friend are thinking about Zack, but haven't a clue what to do and how to do it. Also how it benefits us.

You support the Federation! The party/power of law and justice. Our goal is to prevent slavery in the empire. You get 100% bounty payout and 50 million credits a week if you manage to keep at rank 5 ;)

But all in all, Zack is the only true choice. For the Federation! o7

ooh tell me more about it! im thinking of buying one to replace my vulture for a while. why is it good? what are it's weak points (shields? )
it replaced my vulture, i have 2 beamlasers size 3, and 2 multicanons size 2. when my capisitor is empty from the lazers i just go over to the multicanons till my capisitor is full again.

it turns as fast my vulture did with FA off. the shields are the only downside, but you can have some decent SCB's and boosters.
also the placement of the hardpoints is just perfect for fixed weapons.

but the main purpose of this is ship is its a battering ram. npc clipper in a hires scans me? RAMMING SPEED!!!

it replaced my vulture, i have 2 beamlasers size 3, and 2 multicanons size 2. when my capisitor is empty from the lazers i just go over to the multicanons till my capisitor is full again.

it turns as fast my vulture did with FA off. the shields are the only downside, but you can have some decent SCB's and boosters.
also the placement of the hardpoints is just perfect for fixed weapons.

but the main purpose of this is ship is its a battering ram. npc clipper in a hires scans me? RAMMING SPEED!!!
Thanks for the info. I might give it a go!

Sorry if the question is too noob-ish, but I can't figure out how to get a mission to help the power. I was initially committed to another power, but all she evidently wanted was delivery. I defected to Zachary H because he seems to like combat.

When I went to the power contact, it directed me to go to a controlled area, so I did. Still no missions and trying to move up is costing me between 3 and 6 mil a day in lost bounties. I've spent two days jumping around and killing off annoying enemy NPCs from other powers for a pittance.

Is there a panel I have to open to get a mission or something or should I just give up and jump back to my old combat zones?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sorry if the question is too noob-ish, but I can't figure out how to get a mission to help the power. I was initially committed to another power, but all she evidently wanted was delivery. I defected to Zachary H because he seems to like combat.

When I went to the power contact, it directed me to go to a controlled area, so I did. Still no missions and trying to move up is costing me between 3 and 6 mil a day in lost bounties. I've spent two days jumping around and killing off annoying enemy NPCs from other powers for a pittance.

Is there a panel I have to open to get a mission or something or should I just give up and jump back to my old combat zones?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

There are no power play missions, but there are several things you can do which earn you merits. If you earn enough merits to rank up in the power then you get a paycheck at the end of the week and some bonuses to bounties. You can see those rewards in the Power Play menu when you look at the power (second tab in there I believe). The things you can do for powerplay to earn merits are:

Undermine: For Hudson that means fly to enemy control systems, interdict opposing faction ships (anyone that belongs to a powerplay faction besides Hudson or Winters), and blow them up. You get 30 merits per ship disposed of in this way, which you can claim at the nearest Hudson control system.

Fortify: Go to Nanomam and under the contacts find the power contact and grab your free fortification supplies. You get a free batch ever 30 minutes, with 10 at rank 1 and 50 at rank 5 and various amounts in between. You can also rush more supplies at a rate of 10K credits per ton (so at rank 1 rushing 10 will cost you 100K, and at rank 5 rushing 50 costs 500K). You then fly these to a Hudson control system and drop them off at any station to fortify, and you get 1 merit per ton of supplies. This way is expensive (if you rush) but straightforward.

Expansion: Check the Hudson board to see what systems we're expanding into, fly to one, and then find a military strike zone and hop in and start shooting enemy ships. You get 10 merits per ship killed in one of these zones. They're pretty much the same as conflict zones, but you get merits instead of credits (which you much claim at a Hudson control system and lose if you get blown up before you claim them).

Prep: Fly to a system (preferably a good one from the prep list), load up on intel from that system, and fly them back to the nearest Hudson control system. It's basically like fortifying, but in reverse and you don't have to go all the way to/from nanomam. You get 1 merit per ton of intel.

Also worth note is when choosing your systems for any of these activities you should look at the targets listed in this thread or on the EliteHudson subreddit. That way your contributions will help the overall power more than if you were just acting alone. You can also pop into the teamspeak server and ask your friendly neighborhood battle cattle for direction and they'll be happy to give advice and maybe even wing up to help you out. Undermining in particular goes way faster with a wing.

One note - although I'm not sure, from the reddit info it looks like you can't collect Intel for the Prep mission until you've collected some 'Preparation nomination points' by ranking up....so presumably this bit is turned off for the first week noob players like myself.....n'est ce pas?

Dave

Top Bottom