Planet Zoo: Grasslands Animal Pack arriving 13 December 🦋

I'm not one to complain, but this partly for @Old Country, but also for the community as well. While watching his vid, we noticed this:
View attachment 337430View attachment 337431View attachment 337432View attachment 337433

Forgive the bad screenshots.

Anyways, the spotted hyena is smaller than the striped
1670939551484.png

42 percent male hyenas, I do wish YouTubers showcased factual information to stop getting everyone wound up over nothing

20221213135053_1.jpg

20221213135101_1.jpg

20221213135115_1.jpg

20221213135147_1.jpg

Last edited:
This might be nitpicking but how do you guys feel about blue wildebeest and black wildebeest having interspecies bonus? I'm pretty sure they can live happily together and it's kinda cool to see them side by side for comparison. But I think no zoo would ever keep them together IRL as they can interbreed? Once again, this is a small detail and I'm not asking Frontier to change it or anything. Just curious what y'all think about it.

The Ocelot is almost as big as the clouded leopard. The Margay is the small one.
Ocelot 115 votes and now the most wanted cat on the wishlist and one of the cats known by the common player, Margay 5 votes. I cannot really imagine that we get the Margay instead of the Ocelot. But I know what you mean and the Ocelot is about the same size (even a bit bigger in average) than the Clouded Leopard (but the Clouded Leopard weighs more).

View attachment 337434

42 percent male hyenas, I do wish YouTubers showcased factual information to stop getting everyone wound up over nothing
It wasn't so much that, though. Speaking for myself, I didn't notice the gene size and saw them, so I also assumed that the size was odd. It wouldn't be the 1st time I've forgotten to check the size gene.

But yeah, good to know that they're a decent size. Gonna tag @Old Country so that he can clarify it in his Livestream

Ocelot 115 votes and now the most wanted cat on the wishlist and one of the cats known by the common player, Margay 5 votes. I cannot really imagine that we get the Margay instead of the Ocelot. But I know what you mean and the Ocelot is about the same size (even a bit bigger in average) than the Clouded Leopard (but the Clouded Leopard weighs more).
I think it's a case of people not knowing what they want. They want a small spotted tropical cat, but Ocelot is a very recognizeable name so they vote for it.

I think it's a case of people not knowing what they want. They want a small spotted tropical cat, but Ocelot is a very recognizeable name so they vote for it.
I want Ocelots for the look but also the name.

It's prettier (imo) and more recognizable than Margay. Also as I've seen them up close, they're small enough for me to consider them a small cat.

Aand for zoo presence as well.

This might be nitpicking but how do you guys feel about blue wildebeest and black wildebeest having interspecies bonus? I'm pretty sure they can live happily together and it's kinda cool to see them side by side for comparison. But I think no zoo would ever keep them together IRL as they can interbreed? Once again, this is a small detail and I'm not asking Frontier to change it or anything. Just curious what y'all think about it.
Well, mating is an enriching activity...

I have given up on finding logic in the interspecies enrichment. Just happy I play sandbox, so I don't have to deal with it.

I want the ocelot over the margay. Is one of my favorite SA animals.

It wasn't so much that, though. Speaking for myself, I didn't notice the gene size and saw them, so I also assumed that the size was odd. It wouldn't be the 1st time I've forgotten to check the size gene.

But yeah, good to know that they're a decent size. Gonna tag @Old Country so that he can clarify it in his Livestream
yeah just went back in and grabbed the same hyena we used live and the spotted was a small specimen. I got a new one and it turns out it seems they did size up the spotted hyena to be on par with the striped, which isn't technically correct still but a massive improvement none the less. Spotted Hyenas are generally a bit larger than striped hyenas, and it's factual information ;) but either way I'm just glad the spotted seems to be much better in size (just shy of a meter) and also the Striped Hyena was fixed and the improvements are day and night difference better!

Speak for yourself, I'm a canine nut. So many more who i'd love to have in the game (Coyote, Bush Dog, Raccoon Dog to name a few).

I was also not upset at the addition of the Blue Wildebeest, they are totally different in RL in comparison to each other, too.
That’s why I’m saying this is a terrible decision. No one wants another canid, but by taking away the wolf’s Eurasian range, we have been robbed of one of Europe’s most recognisable animals. We should really be compensated what’s been taken away from us - otherwise, we’re just taking animals away from underrepresented continents and giving ourselves a less diverse roster with less in the way of choice.

Top Bottom