Planet Zoo: Grasslands Animal Pack arriving 13 December 🦋

Your comment gave me idea for some possible update for sandbox, tell me what you think about it.

I think it would be good for sandbox that in stead of animal market we get something like an animal list, like in ZT.

But more advanced, with some sliders where you get to choose size and color and whatnot. I think it's in spirit of sandbox, but tell me if I'm overlooking something

For the beginning I would be happy with the possibility to get maybe 10 of each species in the trade center and that I can select if I want to have any kind of color variant or not...

View attachment 337603

I didn't see anyone comment on this but now the tour exhibits can be viewed from the outside
Meanwhile I’m still struggling to get guests to look at my bats from the outside. It worked briefly after whatever update was supposed to fix it (although nothing I did could prevent them from walking through the rock half-barrier in front of it) but now they’re back to 100% not acknowledging it no matter what I do.

For the beginning I would be happy with the possibility to get maybe 10 of each species in the trade center and that I can select if I want to have any kind of color variant or not...
Because at the moment it's simply ridiculous.....I'm now in year 120 (playing with 5 times speed)...and not a single king cheetah, white lion, black caracal, etc....(but 2 black jaguars and 1000s of gold animals 🙈🙈)....Somehow it seems as if the chance to get other color variants is now after that update close or even below 0 (except the jaguars).

Other funny thing (but I'm used to this after the last updates) is, that now after updating the game, literally all of my animals are either escaping, starving, dehydrating (they have water in every habitat...) or not able to move anymore....and the staff can't reach any habitat anymore 😑

Meanwhile I’m still struggling to get guests to look at my bats from the outside. It worked briefly after whatever update was supposed to fix it (although nothing I did could prevent them from walking through the rock half-barrier in front of it) but now they’re back to 100% not acknowledging it no matter what I do.
the only way it works for me is to not have a walkthrough at all meaning using guest barrier to block any access (apart from one door for the keepers)

the only way it works for me is to not have a walkthrough at all meaning using guest barrier to block any access (apart from one door for the keepers)

Do we know if the bats can now be heard from outside the exhibit? If making the exhibit non walkthrough, it kinda ruined immersion if you couldn’t hear the bats.

Do we know if the bats can now be heard from outside the exhibit? If making the exhibit non walkthrough, it kinda ruined immersion if you couldn’t hear the bats.
Sadly not , I was doing a zoo tour of my Oregon zoo which had the bat exhibit viewable from only the outside and not a sound. I had to gradually move the camera past the null barrier to then be met with the wonderful sounds. There is a whole load of other issues I have when trying to recreate a real bat exhibit with the lack of sizes for the walkthrough exhibit being the main issue

Not so. All the porcupines in Australasia are Cape porcupines.
I was talking about the Worldwide situation on average. Since there aren't that many Zoos in this Region, the Average would probably shift in favor of Indian and African. I don't have an Exact Number at hand, so this is an Estimation like I initially mentioned.

Only in EAZA zoos, which, and I find myself saying this a lot these days, is not representative of the whole world.
Exactly my point in the above Quote. We should take the Worldwide situation into consideration in every case.

I have seen quite a few Indian Crested Porcupines in the Americas too, so my guess is they come 2nd after (North) African in this Continent. In Eurasia Indian comes 1st by far, so this probably means Indian and African are pretty close in representation Worldwide, with Cape coming in 3rd.

For these Reasons my bet is still on Indian for the Worldwide No. 1 Spot, in the number of Zoos holding them.

In any case my point was that Make-Pretend Porcupines (Indian and African combined) mixed with Meerkats probably outnumber the Original (Cape) Worldwide, meaning we can easily ignore their differences in a Zoo Sim, which is intended to replicate the real life situation in Zoos, not National Parks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom