Frontier 'Standalone Launcher' Missing Live Content | FIXED

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I've downloaded the launcher from My Downloadable Products. It's v6920, which is the same version as I have already.

So it should download itself but if it isn't this time around and there's something in your downloads to help it along then definitely give that a go. I really hope for you all this is THE time. We're looking into why it's been such a different experience between players and internal.
After restarting the launcher (the one from Monday), mine didn't download anything and looks like this:

1690469261257.png

INaeem

Elite Greeter
After restarting the launcher (the one from Monday), mine didn't download anything and looks like this:

View attachment 362205
Please try to download the launcher from the Frontier Store. My downloadable products is the correct location. The launcher file will depend entirely on which type of Elite product you purchased. If you have Odyssey listed, please try this. If not, try the original or latest product you purchased.

Ahh ok yeah that's been relayed separately. Just really want to make sure this primary issue is resolved first, with the live content.
I clicked on the download link for ED (not Odyssey) on the frontier store, then ran the installer and now it's working. It shows the right version on the lower left, and news, etc when scrolling down. So I'd say the primary issue was fixed and news are now shown, but if the launcher was supposed to auto update or download and update, that part is broken.

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
I clicked on the download link for ED (not Odyssey) on the frontier store, then ran the installer and now it's working. It shows the right version on the lower left, and news, etc when scrolling down. So I'd say the primary issue was fixed and news are now shown, but if the launcher was supposed to auto update or download and update, that part is broken.
Aye, one thing at a time with this one. Gently gently.
Thanks Jack!

I can only download v6920 from My Downloadable Products. I'm in the UK, incidentally.

The Zaonce link above (thank you, factabulous) also downloads v6920 and not v6926.

Last edited:
Launcher (the FDev one for me) updated automatically just fine, running the current launcher triggered what was needed to achieve that, I did nothing special.

I did appear to initially have NO products installed, but after syncing, it now sees I have Odyssey. However, my game folder is now 80GB, is that normal for just Odyssey installed? It was syncing for a quite a while and I have very good internet, so it seems to have downloaded a lot of data. Edit: seems Horizons is installed too, thought I'd gotten rid of that.

Anyway, that aside, I can run the game, which is good :)

Last edited:
I think one thing that this has shown is that the new launcher has no way of manually forcing an update check for itself, although it can for the game files. How much simpler that would have made it...

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom