Frontier 'Standalone Launcher' Missing Live Content | FIXED

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Downloaded from the store.

First improvement was it didn't upset security this time.

Scroll bar now shows there is more to see.

And the adverts and news are back, it would have been nice to get the adverts first as I don't read much news.

I think one thing that this has shown is that the new launcher has no way of manually forcing an update check for itself, although it can for the game files. How much simpler that would have made it...
The impression I get from Sally is that it should somehow have functionality to update itself, but this seems broken. But at least now (after manual intervention it shows the missing news.

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Downloaded from the store.

First improvement was it didn't upset security this time.

Scroll bar now shows there is more to see.

And the adverts and news are back, it would have been nice to get the adverts first as I don't read much news.
Would anyone mind if I went and had a lie down until tomorrow morning now, please?

The impression I get from Sally is that it should somehow have functionality to update itself, but this seems broken. But at least now (after manual intervention it shows the missing news.
Oh, absolutely. But there's no button to update it manually if that stops working.

Always include a manual button option; never rely solely on an automated background trigger that no-one can see working (or not).

Had to download from the store, had an issue with the package using Avast Antivirus, something about a suspicious package after a couple of attempts got it installed though and worked as planned. Avast reported it as untrusted source

I think you might be disappointed on this front I'm afraid as we've only tackled the main issue and not the auto download thing, which has been passed on to the team.
With all due respect, I think the auto-update is the main issue. It will solve all the others automatically. Also, the team must expand their test cases.
It brings me back the FSD booster release vibes.

sallymorganmoore

Locking this hefty door one last time now the original issue is resolved.
It's been thoroughly noted the frustration around lack of auto-download for the launcher and some issues around the download being incorrect via 'Products'.
These have all been passed forward for you.

See you next for Update 16 o7

Thanks all.

sallymorganmoore

sallymorganmoore

You thought I might have actually lay down this time but NO, fooled again!
  • Happy to say that for those moving forward as of now (roughly), an automatic update of any new launcher version for the Frontier standalone one will trigger.
Of course, we'll keep an eye on this for you but again, thank you for all the feedback and patience today.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom