Frontier 'Standalone Launcher' Missing Live Content | FIXED

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Greetings Commanders!

Today we will be applying a fix for a previously acknowledged issue, whereby Frontier standalone launcher users were unable to scroll for additional content.

The fix will be deployed from around 11am and will be applied to all launcher versions, including "storefront" launchers (Steam, Epic, Oculus).
This will take the form of a download prompt when available.

Will keep in touch o7

EDIT : With this fix you may need to install the latest from http://hosting.zaonce.net/elite/Client-Installer.exe to force the download.

Last edited:
Greetings Commanders!

Today we will be applying a fix for a previously acknowledged issue, whereby Frontier standalone launcher users were unable to scroll for additional content.

The fix will be deployed from around 11am and will be applied to all launcher versions, including "storefront" launchers (Steam, Epic, Oculus).
This will take the form of a download prompt when available.

Will keep in touch o7
opened stand alone launcher to be shown the launcher update available 1.7.6926.0 : SEE NEWS.
There is no news on launcher so exactly where do we look?
At least the old launcher gave you a link to go to download but this new mess just sits there smugly announcing that your launcher is out of date.
Actually selected play and game runs with old launcher so either time 11am is inaccurate or note in bottom corner is wrong as launcher still has no scroll content (which isn't altogether a bad thing as selecting news/cg info etc was so much easier with single click selection.

Last edited:
opened stand alone launcher to be shown the launcher update available 1.7.6926.0 : SEE NEWS.
At least the old launcher gave you a link to go to download but this new mess just sits there smugly announcing that your launcher is out of date.
I see this:

4CkvZ6T.jpg

There is no clicky link nor is there a prompt at program launch.

EDIT: I haven't tried going into the store yet...

Actually selected play and game runs with old launcher so either time 11am is inaccurate or note in bottom corner is wrong as launcher still has no scroll content (which isn't altogether a bad thing as selecting news/cg info etc was so much easier with single click selection.
Same here.

Same here for the fdev launcher - no update. Epic has decided the game needs a 12G download so can't check that yet (my Steam install is fine)

Greetings Commanders!

If I may suggest, is not the inability to scroll for content a little unimportant compared to the launcher, at least for some Commanders, not actually being able to launch Elite? With no other changes, the problem I displayed here will be still present, with a 10–15-minute wait followed with this problem:

launcher-2-png.361913

The Imperial Navy mathematics department established a work-around based on a clue here:
The /autorun and /autoquit option do not appear to be working properly from Steam. I run from Steam with the options "/AUTORUN /AUTOQUIT /NOVR".

Proper function aside, applying those options bypassed the above problem for now, although I am quite sure that those maintaining the new Launcher would prefer that problem not to be the case. I do not actually reach the stage of being able to enjoy the scrolling for content!

There were a few other problems reported there earlier as well; mine was but one.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom