THE FORMIDINE RIFT MYSTERY (Part 4)

I have my own hypothesis regarding the Conflux settlements. I think that along with the settlements found in PLAA AEC, PRU AESCS and EAFOTS, there is another settlement that has not been discovered. I'm guessing. that it is located in the Kepler's Crest region. In the past, I visited this region and found a lot of unexplored HIP-type systems there. We need to continue the work that we once started and not stop there. For my part, I will make efforts to solve these mysteries.

Last edited:
Syreadiae JX-F c0 5 a

Syreadiae JX-F c0 5 a.jpg

Syreadiae JX-F c0 2 a

Syreadiae JX-F c0 2 a.jpg

The Zurara

The Zurara.jpg

Last edited:
Today I caught myself thinking that I got bored in the Odyssey.
Monotonous tasks at all stations that do not lead me to important or interesting results.
I just look at the monitor and don't understand where I should go and what I should do.
Traveling to the center of the Galaxy or to the Beagle Point is a boring and monotonous action.
I decided to dig into the topic of THE FORMIDINE RIFT.
Perhaps we missed something and if the mystery still exists, then I want to try again to solve this mystery.
If you have any ideas of your own in this regard, publish them in this topic and maybe we will come to a positive result.

the rift was 'completed' a while ago and can't really be repeated... mystery/gamewise. it took the form of a one time narrative.

the aspects that were never really explained got retconned as hexedited memories and unreliable narrators.

but as with anything in exploration, the whole role is all about your imagination.

What was the solution? I must have missed where it was explained.

The seed ships showing a pathway of earth like worlds marked for future colonization outside of the bubble by a shadowy group of people hoping to save humanity from the upcoming thargoid war (a plot point obviously no longer recognized in the game as being necessary). The crew of these mega ships were killed to keep these escape paths secret. This was known as "project dynasty" and revealed to players via the Zarura megaship and some listening posts and such. It culminated with the a whole empire coverup whistle blower reveal via Salome but she was gunned down by players before she could make her info known.

The whole "stars blacked out by octagonal ships as far as the eye can see, and scary monsters etc" type part of the story was retconned and considered fake. What we got was a derelict mega ship showing a plot to provide escape routes, all secretive like ...and the story literally ended there with salome's death by players and nothing more came of this.

Fast forward to the actual thargoid war occurring and there's literally zero movement by humanity to advance some sort of backup plan in case we lose the war or try and save themselves etc. It's almost like it's not a concern for anyone and these people who made this whole conspiracy to escape the bubble did so completely unnecessarily. There was no need to hide anything, since nobody seems to care about losing the war enough to use their escape routes.

I thought the escape route would be Colonia way, not towards Thargoid space!

colonia was not supposed to exist. it was only populated after jaques was found super early due to a mistake made by fdev and whatever point jaques was supposed to play got abandoned and fdev acquiesced to player demand in a truly rare instance of giving players what they wanted. however the narrative is all basically prewritten and colonia wasn't part of it. so it's pretty much ignored.

colonia was not supposed to exist. it was only populated after jaques was found super early due to a mistake made by fdev and whatever point jaques was supposed to play got abandoned and fdev acquiesced to player demand in a truly rare instance of giving players what they wanted. however the narrative is all basically prewritten and colonia wasn't part of it. so it's pretty much ignored.
I don't quite understand what it is about :unsure:

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
That is a heck of a lot of assumptions there, for such an authorative sounding post.

Was it really a mistake by fdev? (certainly frustrating for them someone found it a couple of weeks early) How do you know that the point of the story all along wasn't to establish a second hub of human habitation? How do you know the narrative is written in stone?

Just for completeness the Zurara was found the year after Jaques.

That is a heck of a lot of assumptions there, for such an authorative sounding post.
no assumptions ( at least with this point)

Was it really a mistake by fdev? (certainly frustrating for them someone found it a couple of weeks early)
it was discovered thru a literal mistake made that exposed the existence of the station in the galaxy map via the population filter. this was corrected after in the engine but too late to change things. fdev forgot that all stations cause the engine to create a population.

How do you know that the point of the story all along wasn't to establish a second hub of human habitation? How do you know the narrative is written in stone?
because the station wasn't meant to be found for a long time. a chance encounter of reading the local galnet news of a couple systems directly nearest to where jaques ended up. he intended to go to the other side of the galaxy and be a waypoint there for explorers.

fdev abandoned the plot though and said jaques will stay where colonia is. later players wanted to expand colonia... this was adhoc and player directed. it was obvious at the time that none of this was the original plan. perhaps a similar outcome may have occurred in the original plan eventually but fdev was not prepared for colonia and it wasn't meant to play the part that it now has

Just for completeness the Zurara was found the year after Jaques.
jaques and the formadine rift have nothing to do with eachother, fyi.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
it was discovered thru a literal mistake made that exposed the existence of the station in the galaxy map via the population filter. this was corrected after in the engine but too late to change things. fdev forgot that all stations cause the engine to create a population.
I didn't realise that they changed it so that stations don't make a system have a population any more.

because the station wasn't meant to be found for a long time. a chance encounter of reading the local galnet news of a couple systems directly nearest to where jaques ended up. he intended to go to the other side of the galaxy and be a waypoint there for explorers.

fdev abandoned the plot though and said jaques will stay where colonia is. later players wanted to expand colonia... this was adhoc and player directed. it was obvious at the time that none of this was the original plan. perhaps a similar outcome may have occurred in the original plan eventually but fdev was not prepared for colonia and it wasn't meant to play the part that it now has
I wasn't aware there was so many things proving it, if you could share them that would be great. I do know that Jaques intended to jump to Beagle Point initially, but not that Eol Prou was only meant to be the first stop.

jaques and the formadine rift have nothing to do with eachother, fyi.
Maybe, maybe not. But Colonia was in game when the rift mystery was "solved".

And what really ticked a lot of us off is that once you can get out on foot and go to the bar, guess who is not there? Yeah, Jaques. 🤨

I do know that Jaques intended to jump to Beagle Point initially, but not that Eol Prou was only meant to be the first stop.

Re; Jaques. That's my memory of it too. I remember Frontier's intention was to send Jaques to Beagle Point to meet up with the Distant Worlds 1 expedition there, and after that there was to be a whole narrative surrounding him and his whereabouts after that meetup (which never happened). Instead Salome made an appearance at Beagle and gave out hints of what was to come (that being the whole Premonition and Formidine Rift storyline and quest). There was a dev post (or could have been mentioned in a livestream at the time) that Jaques discovery in the Eol Prou nebula scuppered Frontier's plans and they eventually scrapped the story they'd written for him in favour of the whole Colonia initiative.

Not sure where the links are to all that stuff now but I'm pretty sure that's how it panned out. Hopefully someone can confirm and dig out the articles.

Re; Jaques. That's my memory of it too. I remember Frontier's intention was to send Jaques to Beagle Point to meet up with the Distant Worlds 1 expedition there, and after that there was to be a whole narrative surrounding him and his whereabouts after that meetup (which never happened). Instead Salome made an appearance at Beagle and gave out hints of what was to come (that being the whole Premonition and Formidine Rift storyline and quest). There was a dev post (or could have been mentioned in a livestream at the time) that Jaques discovery in the Eol Prou nebula scuppered Frontier's plans and they eventually scrapped the story they'd written for him in favour of the whole Colonia initiative.

Not sure where the links are to all that stuff now but I'm pretty sure that's how it panned out. Hopefully someone can confirm and dig out the articles.
iirc, Jaques journey to Beagle point was meant to be a single jump. Ending up at his current location was heavily implied to be due to Thargoid hyperdiction. I think there's an archive somewhere, but I believe a lot of the articles were in local station news (which no longer exists in game, and never formed part of FDs community site articles.

Top Bottom