International Union of Zoos (Roleplay)

I had an idea today to start a role play in Planet Zoo. Based on how real-world organizations work, the International Union of Zoos, or IUZ, is an organization role play (I guess game?) for the PlanZo community to have fun in. You can post updates on your zoos, trade animals, (I’m not sure how this would work, I guess we’ll just have to pretend for now) or chat with other members!

. Eastborro Zoo, Eastborro, Maryland, USA (User: Orkan)
. UNITY Zoo, Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany (User: Swjosdotschka)
. Atlas Zoo, Perth, (Offshore) Western Australia, Australia (User: Milurian)
. Signature Wildlife, Sola, Himal, Nepal (User: synthetase)
. Zoo de Rhêmes Notre-Dame, Rhêmes Notre-Dame, Valle d'Aosta, Italy (User: Tatanosaure)
. Kairos Zoo on the Nile, Cairo, Egypt (User: Marvinb)
. The Alps Wildlife Park, Ulm, Bavaria, Germany (User: YesIndeed)
. Spin the Wheel Animal Rescue, Stellenbosch, Western Cape, South Africa (User: Cocolori)
. Dier Zoo, Moxico, Zambia (User: Utahraptor104)
. Wildlife Preservation at Amundsen-Scott Station, Antarctica (User: Britches)
. Nevaio Zoo, Hannover, Lower Saxony, Germany (User: Fini)
. Avalon Zoo, Geneva, Switzerland (User: argenti)
. Dalnan Zoological Gardens, Whian Whian, New South Wales, Australia (User: QueenCinna)
. Changbai Mountain Endangered Animal Conservation Center, Jilin Province, China (User: Cooper_yang)
. Cedar Park Zoo, Port Angeles, Washington, USA (User: Colehunter35)
. Sapporo Wild Animal Kingdom, Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan (User: Urufu1997)
. T. J. Oakland Park Zoo, Westwood Creek, England (User: FlameWizard492)
. Southwest Sanctuary, Tasmania, Australia (User: Chuditch)
. Auburn Wildlife Park, Auburn, Alabama, USA (User: Mr-Hyrax 2)

I added my zoo as the first one to start it off. To add your zoo, enter the name of the zoo and fictional location of the zoo (including city, state/territory, and country)

Last edited:
I had an idea today to start a role play in Planet Zoo. Based on how real-world organizations work, the International Union of Zoos, or IUZ, is an organization role play (I guess game?) for the PlanZo community to have fun in. You can post updates on your zoos, trade animals, (I’m not sure how this would work, I guess we’ll just have to pretend for now) or chat with other members!

. Eastborro Zoo, Eastborro, Maryland, USA (User: Orkan)

I added my zoo as the first one to start it off. To add your zoo, enter the name of the zoo and fictional location of the zoo (including city, state/territory, and country)
I still cant believe we are this far into the game and there is still no way to directly trade with another player in franchise

Just some more information, your zoo can be in any game mode, any style, or any time period. It can be any size, and in any fictional location. Just for the sake of compatibility mods are not permitted.
clarification on mods which kinds only animal mods and custom scenery or does this include mods like freebuild which I cannot live without

clarification on mods which kinds only animal mods and custom scenery or does this include mods like freebuild which I cannot live without
I doubt buildings or path systems etc. do matter. If I understand it correctly, we are roleplaying getting animals in our new zoo, so we announce birthdays, fake-trade with other zoos etc.

I like this idea, as I'm building up my own faux-franchise in sandbox.

So here is my registry entry:

UNITY Zoo (Main Zoo of UNITED ANIMALIA LLC.), Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany

Can I register the branches later on? And do we only announce new animals, but also death of animals or also press releases about zoo news etc?

I would like to add Atlas zoo to the mix:

The zoo is built on a private island just over 1ha in size off the coast of western Australia.
It is only accessible by ferry leaving from Freemantle port in Perth and currently has 43 total animals and 39 unique species.
It was built by a multimillionaire philanthropist (I suck with names help pls) with the goal of building an impressive collection of animals.
current species list includes
currently residing in goodwins hall
  • Tadeo the amazonian giant centipede
  • Alivia the american bullfrog
  • Citlalic the axolotl
  • Delfina the boa constrictor
  • Rafael the brazilian salmon pink tarantula
  • Harnan the brazilian wandering spider
  • Tempest the common death adder
  • Ilona the danube crested newt
  • Hannan the desert horned viper
  • Ziarre the diamondback terrapin
  • Violet the eastern blue tounged lizard
  • Candra the eastern brown snake
  • Bertie the fire salamander
  • Lerone the giant burrowing cockroach
  • Zoffany the giant desert hairy scorpion
  • Gauri the giant forest scorpion
  • Kelana giant malaysian leaf insect
  • Jabari the giant tiger land snail
  • Deante the gila monster
  • 4 golden poison frogs Martin, Miranda, Nicolas, Miriam
  • Aziza the goliath beetle
  • Angeles the goliath birdeater
  • Useni the goliath frog
  • Chicomecoatl the green iguana
  • Irene the lehmann's poison frog
  • Julio the lesser antillean iguana
  • Kasandra the mexican red knee tarantula
  • Fatima the puff adder
  • Nicolau the red eyed tree frog
  • Moemina the sacred scarab beetle
  • Teo the titan beetle
  • Yosemite the western diamondback rattlesnake
  • Julieta the yellow anaconda
  • Yenay the chinese pangolin
separate external habitats
  • 2 black-tailed prairie dogs atotoztli and chaske
  • Lutana north island brown kiwi
  • Alinta the quokka
attached to the goodwin's hall complex
  • Deganawida the striped skunk
  • Ricardo the nine-banded armadillo

Oh sounds nice!
I join! (I'll have to see which zoo. probably with the ECO Zoo, but its empty atm)
Even better, isn't it? You can make press announcement for the first animal, ground-breaking ceremonies for first habitats (for help: The german "Spatenstich") etc. I assume those things are allowed.

Press Release

Clouded with a love for meat balls

Two Clouded Leopards moved in to UNITY Zoo

Carefully and a little shy the young Clouded Leopard male, Xiao Ming, is exploring his new habitat. He’s originally from a private zoo and still needs to get used to the change of location. Female Yuming is far less shy, already climbing around on the freshly build climbing structure. It seems like the cat, who is a customs seizure, is almost thankful for her new home and the people who take care of all her needs.

Picture Description: Clouded Leopard male Xiao Ming is exploring his new habitat and the camera of our in-house photographer.

The two Clouded Leopards are the newest addition in UNITY Zoo and the pride of Madeline Parris, Curator of the Asian Jungle Section in the famous zoo.

“With the new Clouded Leopard habitat, the Asia part of the Jungle Section in Unity is finished”, she announces.

Guests can enjoy Gibbons, Orang Utans, Small Clawed Otters, Binturongs, Sunbears, Cassowaries and Fyling Foxes in that particular section of the growing zoo. The Master Plan of UNITY Zoo is quite ambitious.

“With our already finished Beach Section with 14 species in 13 habitats and our upcoming India and then Africa Area in the Jungle section, we keep thriving and are always excited to show our guests new and wonderful animals”, founder and visionaire of UNITY, Linda, exclaims. And that is only part of the huge Master Plan. But with a look at the beautiful new cats Linda does not want to stretch out too far into the future.”

“For now we want to celebrate the arriving of Xiao Ming and Yuming at the zoo. It’s not everyday that a zoo gets Clouded Leopards.”

Picture Description: With 249 qm total space and a 100 qm climbing structre, the new habitat is well-suited for the mid-sized aboreal cats

In fact the cats are quite rare in zoos and are considered vulnerable in nature, mainly because of deforestation. They are native to South East Asia, ranging for example in Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam. They do also sometimes occur in India, which makes them a good species in UNITY zoo to transition from the South East Asia to the India part in the Jungle Section.

Picture Description: The habitat with bird view. Gardeners will take care of the surroundings once the new India section is planned as well.

But why are the medium-sized arboreal cats rarely found in zoos? “Part of it is their difficult reproduction in captivity”, says Madeline Parris. “But we are hopeful with Xiao and Yuming. Even though Clouded Leopards are solitary in nature, the two of them get along really well in their new habitat already.” Part of them doing so well is probably the frequent treats the keeper is giving them. "They love meat balls with a passion!", Parris says laughing.

Guests are encouraged to visit the two Clouded Leopards as soon as they can. Opening hours of UNITY Zoo are daily from 9 AM to 6 PM.

About UNITY Zoo and UNITED ANIMALIA LLC

UNITY Zoo is the main zoo of UNITED ANIMALIA LLC. The franchise concentrates on zoos that are educational and fun for guests and give a good home with spacious habitats to animals. The specialty of UNITY Zoos is surprising and creative theming, making a zoo visit immersive for guests and fill their desire to learn and also relax on a day at the zoo.

UNITED ANIMALIA LLC is currently focussing on the main zoo but already has plans for other branched out zoos for the sandbox-franchise. The next big project after UNITY Zoo will be a zoo focused on North, Central and South America. The company is currently on the look out for new land to buy.

For more information on UNIY Zoo and UNITED ANIMALIA LLC visit www.hereshouldbeawebsitename.de

Job Listing (Project based)

Zoo Architect

UNITY Zoo is searching for a zoo architect (m,f,d) for their new India area.

Requirements:
  • Expirienced in zoo design and zoo architecture
  • High creativity
  • Interest in indian theming and architecture
  • A high interest in creating animal friendly habitats
  • Good knowledge of the recommended Planet Zoo habitat requirements and the will to follow them
  • Expirienced in working with a diverse zoo designer team
  • Expirienced in project management
Offerings:
  • Work on a freelance project base
  • Fees above-average
  • The chance to add work in one of the best themed zoo in germany to your protfolio
  • Remote work and work in Hamburg /Germany. (Accomodation will be provided for you and closest family members)
Please send in your applications.

I'm not really asking for someone to plan or build for me :D You can just answer with a random character, no real obligations attached here. Just play.

Job Listing (Project based)

Zoo Architect

UNITY Zoo is searching for a zoo architect (m,f,d) for their new India area.

Requirements:
  • Expirienced in zoo design and zoo architecture
  • High creativity
  • Interest in indian theming and architecture
  • A high interest in creating animal friendly habitats
  • Good knowledge of the recommended Planet Zoo habitat requirements and the will to follow them
  • Expirienced in working with a diverse zoo designer team
  • Expirienced in project management
Offerings:
  • Work on a freelance project base
  • Fees above-average
  • The chance to add work in one of the best themed zoo in germany to your protfolio
  • Remote work and work in Hamburg /Germany. (Accomodation will be provided for you and closest family members)
Please send in your applications.

I'm not really asking for someone to plan or build for me :D You can just answer with a random character, no real obligations attached here. Just play.
Greetings Unity Zoo. We have an application from a designer that worked on the Eastborro Zoo in Maryland to help plan out your Indian area. He says that he can be there in three days tops.

He has worked on the Wonders of the San Marcos section in his time there, designing habitats for Peccaries, Cougars, Red Foxes, and Armadillos. He'd be eager to help out with something overseas.

Last edited:
How would we go about trading animals?
I want to join, just have to decide where to base my zoo...
Just pretend play.
I could say:
"UNITY is searching for a new home for 1,3 lions age xy. Littermates."
(1,3 means 1 male, 3 females)

And you would go "I am interested in 1,0 lions" (so the male) and would tell more about your conditions in the zoo.

And I would write "1,0 lion transfered to zoo xy"
Of course, if we want, we could add more details like stats and colors.

Last edited:
Just pretend play.
I could say:
"UNITY is searching for a new home for 1,3 lions age xy. Littermates."
(1,3 means 1 male, 3 fenales)

And you would go "I am interested in 1,0 lions" (so the male) and would tell more about your conditions in the zoo.

And I would write "1,0 lion transfered to zoo xy"
Of course, if we want, we could add more details like stats and colors.

probably just name changes to similar looking animals sadly there is no actual way to trade.
OK cool! I like to keep track of looks and stats anyway!
Also, question for Orkan! Are mods which enhance the sandbox market allowed? If not, I totally understand why.

Top Bottom