New 2024 Livestream series!

Paul_Crowther

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
Is there like a meeting agenda? Like maybe Planet Zoo first, F1 Manager second, ED third? I mean, I'm mildly curious about those dinosaurs, but I really want to just chat Elite ;-)
I'm aiming to update the main thread in the Frontier section with a game schedule the day before the stream. It may not show exact times but the aim is to at least show a game run order.

Thank you, Paul!

It's 2024, new smaller team.... We've grown up a bit. Frankly, we're starting to doubt the whole Santa 🎅 story and believe we can handle "spoilers".

If you have a bug fix, or new feature coming, WE ARE COOL hearing at least something about it. A bug fix should be proudly announced from rooftops as there's no way fixing something broken can be classified as a spoiler. Help us promote, get excited about, and keep ED in the news.

Introducing Frontier Unlocked! A brand new monthly livestream
Yay!
18:00 GMT
Woohoo, finally I won't have to pause the stream until I finish work!!!!

Hosting the streams will be the indomitable Arf and Hollie
Yay!!

Yay!!! (Sorry got carried away)

That's a shame Paul, your wit and charm is sorely missed with the reduction/disolution of weekly GalNet summaries.

That's a shame Paul, your wit and charm is sorely missed with the reduction/disolution of weekly GalNet summaries.
Sorry to ask, but was it those hilarous Galnet sumups I 've had a taste then couldn't find again on the forum? That was great to try and get into the lore of ED with such parody!

Well it makes sense to do 1 live stream series for all of Frontier's games, because that means more quality content rather than filler.

We have lots of exciting news to share about what's coming for Elite Dangerous that will make you happier than a member of Azimuth Biotech doing research without ethical oversight.
This indicates that ED is not in maintenance mode yet. What should Frontier do? Here's my 2 cents:
  1. New ships to fill the gaps in the roster
  2. A long overdue graphics upgrade (anti-aliasing, ray tracing, update the blurry nebulae etc)
  3. VR-support (could be sold as a DLC)
  4. Ship interiors as mini-DLC per ship or a full package for all ship interiors
  5. New planet types and biomes with planetary landing
  6. New land vehicles
  7. Base building and management (could also be space stations) with cosmetics
  8. Thargoid faction in Powerplay that players can support and dock at Thargoid stations
  9. Comics, figurines about the Elite universe and other merchandise

If Frontier plans another paid expansion for ED how will they not make the same mistakes as Odyssey?

Last edited:
O7 Commanders!

2023 is over, 2024 reigns supreme and the year of the Dragon is upon us! But it's not just the date that's changing...

View attachment 381799

Introducing Frontier Unlocked! A brand new monthly livestream bringing you news and reveals across all Frontier games! This new livestream will take place on the last Wednesday of every month and will focus on the content that matters most to you, updates and news about all your favourite games.

Our first Frontier Unlocked stream will take place on Wednesday 31st of January and Elite Dangerous Commanders are not going to want to miss it! We have lots of exciting news to share about what's coming for Elite Dangerous that will make you happier than a member of Azimuth Biotech doing research without ethical oversight.

Streams will take place on www.twitch.tv/frontier and Elite Dangerous drops will be available!

Join the main Frontier thread here.
One good News ! Thanks Paul !

Make sure to let your people behind the scenes know that for drops on Twitch, you have to be streaming under that game catagory, so they will be needing to be swapping during the stream, so the timers start counting down for viewers, but at the same time, Twitch has a glitch that after a game swap, viewers need to refresh the stream for it to start working too.

Unless you can get Twitch to just bundle all the livestream stuff together somehow.

will be interested to tune in to this one then.
However (and no its not a doom comment) I would say am not overly optimistic in general about 1 stream covering all your games..... I personally would not be interested in a stream 90% about roller coaster tycoon 3 (great a game as it is), planet zoo and F1 manager just in the hope for some Elite morsels.
would be better if each one had a specific game theme, with just major news updates on the other games, but most time spent on 1 specific game that episode imo.

If they do 1 game per episode they would have to reserve news for a specific month. This means other game news gets delayed. If it's only 1 game then there's usually insufficient quality content. Thus 1 stream for all games should be better overall.

Last edited:
Finally! Gibbons, spaceships and Formula One IN ONE SHOW
c2OsyOn0OGCL.gif

Is there like a meeting agenda? Like maybe Planet Zoo first, F1 Manager second, ED third? I mean, I'm mildly curious about those dinosaurs, but I really want to just chat Elite ;-)
The thing is, each game's community is going to want the stream to be about their game. I don't know what the CM's job entails, but it would have been nicer to have a stream each Wednesday for a different game, Planet Coast one week, Planet Zoo another, Jurassic World Evolution another week again and Elite another week again, and loop back around. Is one stream a week too much for a community manager? I don't think it is, but I'm not them doing their job, so I'm sure they know better than me how much time they have and what their workload is.

As Fireytoad said (to me and others) it's better to have some news rather than none. Looking for positives here, Frontier said on Twitter we'll find out "exciting details on TWO upcoming games" so there is that. And some Elite news will be welcome, but I'm sure the doomsayers will still moan.

Personally, I'm hoping for Elite 40th anniversary news and plans.

Thank you, Paul!

It's 2024, new smaller team.... We've grown up a bit. Frankly, we're starting to doubt the whole Santa 🎅 story and believe we can handle "spoilers".

Nah we still believe in old Satan Claws, it’s spoilers that cause us trouble

Top Bottom