Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

They should nuke the entire codebase from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Then start coding on an engine more fit for purpose. At least they could reuse their assets... they've put more effort into those anyway. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Although PTU is completely busted, EPTU has the best bugs...

Woke up with someone in my hab, in the bed, and me at the item bank in the hab -- kind of strange.

1712892321911.png

Someone said CIG have put citizencon tickets on sale already.

CIG must be really hurting for cash.

That is a more reasonable numberā€¦ in a much more popular and played game. 600-700+ in a niche game such as SC? Plenty of room for CIG ā€œmarketing money well spentā€.
I'm convinced there's a noticeable fraction of SC streams viewers that are there for the guilty pleasure of watching streamers rage. I confess I watch Saltetwerk for this, and actually when the Mess doesn't collapse on itself it becomes quite rapidly boring to watch.

Like many watch real TV crap.

That is a more reasonable numberā€¦ in a much more popular and played game. 600-700+ in a niche game such as SC? Plenty of room for CIG ā€œmarketing money well spentā€.

They also get raided by other streamers. A percentage could be viewer bots, but I don't think he uses it, because that's against the TOS of Twitch. His chat is very active which indicates that these are real people.

Last edited:
Hot Gossip:

The latest chat from our friendly neighbourhood dev :)

• There was a company-wide town hall recently. It was focused on the next 5 years. They discussed the coolness of their tech and IPs, excitement for release, and their intent to release more games/projects down the line.
  • They said Sony & Microsoft are excited to see what comes out of this 5 year period. (The source reads this as: SQ42 port attempts have not gone well to date).
  • Devs have been paid in ships to work at Citcon in the past, and QA have been paid in ships for overtime work at points.
  • To go to the Citcon after-party at the studio last year they would have to pay like fans though.
  • Instancing is planned for more than just the hangars. Whole levels / missions are expected to be instanced. This is still at the 'high level planning' stage.
  • The unfindable 'missing person' bug is due to the way nested Object Containers load sequentially. If the mission entities spawn before all of the nested OCs have finished loading they just fall into the abyss.
  • RASTAR requires every object to be an OC. IE a piece of cover has to be exported as an OC, then found in an unsearchable list of say 700+ OCs, then placed. OCs are heavy to load. RASTAR crashes a lot during this process and locations built with it have severe streaming issues.
  • NPCs cannot avoid hazards on planets. They just walk into them. It's impossible to mark or exclude areas from the nav mesh. (There's no way they could avoid 'dynamic fire' as things stand, for example).
  • It's not unusual for art to be the starting point for mission design, with desired features which don't yet exist getting added as art first.
  • Tech designers sometimes work for months on Proof of Concepts, testing what works and what doesn't, only for that to get binned and the process to start again from an art base.
  • Building interiors have been rebooted 4 or 5 times.
  • Work can end up in the bin when someone leaves the company and a new voice decides 'it would be cooler if...'.
  • The recent 15 settlements were green-lit on the back of quick art test in RASTAR.
  • Previously CR asked for artists to make clothing interiors, just in case they are placed/folded in a way which might reveal it.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
They also get raided by other streamers. A percentage could be viewer bots, but I don't think he uses it, because that's against the TOS of Twitch. His chat is very active which indicates that these are real people.
Just to be clear I am not suggesting Mike uses it. No idea. But view bots are a thing indeed, Twitch rules or not. And I suspect there are significant chances CIG uses them directly or through 3rd parties. There has been significant signs CIGā€™s pulse doesnā€™t falter when it comes to artificially support SC content creators financially, Rexzilla / Redbull etc. I would not put it pass CIG to consider view botting for SC streamers or other forms of direct or indirect support for content creators to easily inflate viewership stats etc.

Last edited:
It's all true!

Truly, 3.23 is the patch of all patches...

• Fixed multiple issues that allowed NPCs to stand on chairs and benches

Dec 2018
"NPCs at Lorville should no longer be standing on benches" - 3.4.0

May 2019
"NPCs should no longer occasionally be standing on seats rather than sitting." - 3.5.0

May 2020
"AI should no longer stand idle on chairs and benches." - 3.9.1

August 2020
"Fixed an issue that was causing NPCs to stand in place on seats around the PU." - 3.10.0

Mar 2023
"Fixed - AI - Multilocation - AI Standing / Crouching on Benches Throughout The PU" - 3.18.0 PTU

May 2023
"Fixed an issue that was causing AI to get stuck standing/crouching on top of useables such as chairs" 3.19.1 PTU

April 2024
"Fixed multiple issues that allowed NPCs to stand on chairs and benches" 3.23.0 EPTU

šŸ˜‚

Hmm, but you know it wouldn't be Salt-E-Mike who does it. And he is a good streamer so having an active chat is likely what makes Salt-E-Mike a good target for a little boost.

Keeping TonyZ around really puts a crimp in my continuity.

In my soon-to-be-kickstarted show "Clown Imperium (The BDSSE)", there will have been this scene where Erich (The Brother) tells Tich (The aspiring newcomer to The Cabal) that the board decided to put Zony (The Old Buddy) on "garden leave" and Tich should tell him. I had to look up the term, too, so Erich reacts a bit shocked when Tich returns later, shovel in hand, to report the job done. "They'll never find him".

Now what. I can see an out, though. When Tris (The Artiste, lives in a dreamworld, unaware of the "misunderstanding" or The Cabal) decides to put Zony on a new product(*), there is a bit of emming and erring amidst The Cabal (who really run the show) until they decide to resurrect Zony in CI's secret underground cloning facility, usually used to create new cheap workers. Of course, he'll never be the same and hilarity ensues.

See, I've got bits of scenes and dialogue all ready to go. Only a bit more polish, two more years, a revolution in the thinking. When pledge? How much? Not enough. Try again.

*: It is of yet undefined what product the Clown Imperium tries to make or what business they're in. Possibly a Stellar Circus.

Top Bottom