Summer 2024 DLC Speculation

While I would love to see the monkeys in full glory including the red 'donkey', they could always go for an option like with the chimps where they just don't go through the effort of making that part explicit.
I believe the word ass is no longer censored.

Ive seen the name civet being used form the whole of viveridae before which includes binturongs. And there are some animals called civets that are not even part of viverridae like asian palm civets or the malagassy civet which is in the same genus as the fossa
never experienced the group as whole being called just civets guess just havent had enough people talk about them around me

so looking through all the dictionary there is actually alot of animals missing some weirdly specific. I can safely assume secretary means nothing since the dictionary thoroughly covers most office terminology it is likely about the job title.

word fragments and animals with ingame signs
  • ant
  • bee
  • cobra
  • fly
  • crow

dead of fake
  • dinosaur
  • dragon
  • kraken
  • mammoth
  • unicorn

not just an animal
  • goodfellows
  • hamadryas
  • mouse

all possible animals (everything listed is in its noun form)
  • baboon
  • civet
  • coral
  • dolphin
  • dove
  • duck
  • eagle
  • echidna
  • eel
  • fish
  • hedgehog
  • hornet
  • impala
  • lemming
  • lovebird
  • macaw
  • mamba
  • moray
  • moth
  • octopus
  • parrot
  • pigeon
  • python
  • rat
  • raven
  • salmon
  • termite
  • vulture

so looking through all the dictionary there is actually alot of animals missing some weirdly specific. I can safely assume secretary means nothing since the dictionary thoroughly covers most office terminology it is likely about the job title.

• ant
  • bee
  • cobra
  • fly
  • crow

dead of fake
  • dinosaur
  • dragon
  • kraken
  • mammoth
  • unicorn

not just an animal
  • goodfellows
  • hamadryas
  • mouse

• baboon
  • civet
  • coral
  • dolphin
  • dove
  • duck
  • eagle
  • echidna
  • eel
  • fish
  • hedgehog
  • hornet
  • impala
  • lemming
  • lovebird
  • macaw
  • mamba
  • moray
  • moth
  • octopus
  • parrot
  • pigeon
  • python
  • rat
  • raven
  • salmon
  • termite
  • vulture
Echidna, civet and a baboon would be great.

How would y'all feel about an animal thought panel?
Something just for fun like: "Abner the otter is going to swim" or "Paul Pablo the swan is eating"

Not essential, really, not even important, but it would be sorta useful if you wanna see your animals perform interesting behaviors that players may like in particular (like, I love the spitting camelids. I wanna catch them in the act, maybe even screenshot it if I can)
That's an interesting idea! What about, since I imagine a lot of sentient animals have more visual or sensory type thoughts, little icons for their wants and needs. Like a little water wave when they want to swim, or a tiny icon of spit flying at someone's face if that'd what they want to do 😅 what about a toggle to switch them on and off from appearing above their heads, omg I'd love that! 💭

Where is this concept art? 👀
andrej-horoschun-planet-zoo-ah-portfolio-01 (1).jpg

Is that concept art for the SA pack tho? Id say its maybe concept art in general seen how there are the aquatic pack flowers aswell as the rafflesia, both of which are south east asian plants.
I guess that doesnt really matter for concept art to much tho, so maybe he just looked up tropical plants and included them, so who know

Last edited:
Analysing the monkeys in that artwork, this one is obvs the white faced capuchin that we have...
1000019384.jpg

...these ones are a little harder to identify. I don't think they're spider monkeys or another capuchin because their tails are too straight. Spider monkeys and capuchins have tapered tails that are quite thick at the base, and spider monkey's limbs are characteristically extra long with defined thighs and shoulders.

1000019386.jpg

The monkeys in this artwork have quite round faces and grey-brown colouration with slightly darker faces. I can't find an exact match in SA species but as @Marvinb pointed out, there are some SE Asian / tropical pack pieces in this artwork, so it might not be a latin monkey. My guess if it was a SA monkey would be a muriqui:

1000019388.jpg

• ant
  • bee
  • cobra
  • fly
  • crow

dead of fake
  • dinosaur
  • dragon
  • kraken
  • mammoth
  • unicorn

not just an animal
  • goodfellows
  • hamadryas
  • mouse

• baboon
  • civet
  • coral
  • dolphin
  • dove
  • duck
  • eagle
  • echidna
  • eel
  • fish
  • hedgehog
  • hornet
  • impala
  • lemming
  • lovebird
  • macaw
  • mamba
  • moray
  • moth
  • octopus
  • parrot
  • pigeon
  • python
  • rat
  • raven
  • salmon
  • termite
  • vulture
That's some solid work!

Planet coaster has an assumedly older dictionary: https://console.planetcoaster.com/planco-dictionary

Of those words, only these ones are in this Planet Coaster version:
  • Cobra
  • Fly (noun)
  • Dinosaur
  • Dragon
  • Kraken
  • Mouse
  • Fish
  • Octopus
  • Parrot
  • Pigeon
  • Rat
  • Raven
It is quite interesting that Mammoth and Unicorn seem to have been added for Planet Zoo, I'm guessing they might have been planned as scenery at one point, like the dodo.

An interesting thing to note, Secretary is missing.

All in all, it does strike me as plans of the past, but it is interesting they've been thinking about the skies and the seas at some point.

It is quite interesting that Mammoth and Unicorn seem to have been added for Planet Zoo, I'm guessing they might have been planned as scenery at one point, like the dodo.

It is about in game guest language right? So also kids.. maybe they mention unicorn when they see a horse or something... Maybe that explains dolphin as well

Analysing the monkeys in that artwork, this one is obvs the white faced capuchin that we have...
View attachment 390906

...these ones are a little harder to identify. I don't think they're spider monkeys or another capuchin because their tails are too straight. Spider monkeys and capuchins have tapered tails that are quite thick at the base, and spider monkey's limbs are characteristically extra long with defined thighs and shoulders.

View attachment 390909
The monkeys in this artwork have quite round faces and grey-brown colouration with slightly darker faces. I can't find an exact match in SA species but as @Marvinb pointed out, there are some SE Asian / tropical pack pieces in this artwork, so it might not be a latin monkey. My guess if it was a SA monkey would be a muriqui:

View attachment 390910
Yeah its maybe just a generic monkey to set the scene and get the atmosphere right, same as why there are butterflies everywhere. Concept art isnt supposed to be literal, just concept, an idea of how i could look. So the artist just took some random monkey pictures as reference. Could also explain why the one croc in the other picture doesnt really look like the saltie,maybe the artist wanted a croc in this pose, looked for reference online and the one that fitted the idea best was not a saltie.

It is about in game guest language right? So also kids.. maybe they mention unicorn when they see a horse or something... Maybe that explains dolphin as well
It is a good point, could be anything from a script, but I think that's going to take a while to figure out, going through game files, listening to guest audio.

Top Bottom