Patch Notes Update Elite: Dangerous 1.03

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Please, leave security ships alone - don't dumb them down. People need to learn how to avoid shooting them (it's a skill and some basic thinking into which weapons are good for which jobs) - if they can not - they should go hunting in anarchy systems for now (where there is no security ships at all)

Please, leave security ships alone - don't dumb them down. People need to learn how to avoid shooting them (it's a skill and some basic thinking into which weapons are good for which jobs) - if they can not - they should go hunting in anarchy systems for now (where there is no security ships at all)

I'm not asking to "dumb them down".
And stop thinking everyone just shoot like they're in a modern FPS game without looking where they shoot at. You're not the only one in this game that is very careful about what he's doing. I'm playing since almost 2 weeks, everyday, so yeah, I know what I must do to avoid shooting at them. Everytime, and I really mean EVERYTIME that my bounty has one or two security ships near him, I stop shooting until I have a clear view on him.
BUT when they just pass towards you at full speed (and sometimes they just hit you with their ships at same speed) when there was absolutely NO ONE besides your target a micro seconde before, it's just frustrating and boring as hell to become a bounty (with 200cr) for that stupid reason ! I'm not asking to dumb them down, just to add like a warning or something.

Yesterday for example, I just got in an asteroid field when 3 minutes later, the scenario I was describing not 3 lines ago happened. 200cr, had to go back to the station I just was 5 minutes ago. Great.

That was very "Elite" of you. Don't dumb them down, but an accidental shot shouldn't create a kill warrant. Maybe set a damage thresh hold?

I'd go further. The shield cells, the 10 second grace period on kills, the NPcs flying without shields... all of this makes combat against NPCs way too simple and ot doesn't feel real anymore. Elite must not have "ratting"

Philip Coutts

Volunteer Moderator
I'd go further. The shield cells, the 10 second grace period on kills, the NPcs flying without shields... all of this makes combat against NPCs way too simple and ot doesn't feel real anymore. Elite must not have "ratting"
I never understood why a pirate NPC would fly with no shields, it's madness and practically suicide. I could see the odd trader doing it to maximise the cargo space but if it's a pirates life for you then surely you are going to want some shields for when your pirating goes pear shaped? Anyway for me the game is too easy now, too few interdictions and too few really "dangerous" moments.

I never understood why a pirate NPC would fly with no shields, it's madness and practically suicide. I could see the odd trader doing it to maximise the cargo space but if it's a pirates life for you then surely you are going to want some shields for when your pirating goes pear shaped? Anyway for me the game is too easy now, too few interdictions and too few really "dangerous" moments.

It is i deed. A few weeks before launch, somebody seems to have decided to artificially lower the difficulty. It was not a good idea, and needs to be fixed.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Think about it. Since the "point" of the game is not PvP, the NPCs need to feel real, and combat with them needs to be satisfying and challenging.

Currently no NPc should be rated above competent. The "Elite" anacondas should be rated Dangerous at most. Frontier needs room to add more skilled NPcs when they manage to improve the AI.

An Elite terrorist should be something to fear, not a bigger rat to farm.

I agree. I've seen Pythons and Condas without shields scanning my cargo. Just makes me shake my head.

I agree. I've seen Pythons and Condas without shields scanning my cargo. Just makes me shake my head.

It makes even less sense when npcs attack without warning, and no Shields. I've had a sidewinder do that when I was flying a cobra. There was not much left of him after the encounter was over and he never even broke my shields.

the support team has not had any time off at all though guys.. there prolly still swamped but I can betcha someone is working on it.

They are most definitely swamped - but as it stands I've been waiting over a month for a reply to my ticket so that shows shoddy handling of funds if they can't hire more than a couple support techs. The lack of updates and staff involvement on the Forum also makes it seem like they've just abandoned it now it's released, I can understand wanting a break but that's not how it works. You can't release an unfinished game with empty promises and call it quits.

Sorry for the tangent there.

Devils Advocate/Counter-point: Could it be that your skills have just gotten sharper? I have only been playing since launch, thus I have no observations on which to base a comparison of the current NPC skills (or lack thereof). That said, I've found some of the NPCs to pose quite a challenge. Food for thought, or maybe I'm just a noob yet.

Hi,
why after attacking a bounty wanted ship im gettin attacked by federal police? federal police and faction setting those bounty, u gainin rep for killing bounty wanted ships and automatically when police is near - you dont get thanks you from police but msg - u are bounty in this system (400) but only on system, cose shooted wanted ship (400) and nothing more for destroying, also those 400 bounty is not needed to be paid in station... u can escape and come back to that system and again police are nice to you... and why its randomly?! i mean: if police already fighting a wanted ship - you can join and almost always get the bounty for destroying and u are clear! no bounty from police on you... also, that AI and system doesnt make any sense... why police can destroy our ships for 400 bounty setted by them on you for shooting (wanted) ships on system if federation even don't want to pay this bounty on any stations?! please make it more real, small bounties for example (under 1000-2000) should not be punished by attackin from police and destroying our ships... just like in real life... patrol.. please halt :D and paying this small bounty directly to them, cose those stupid police patrols acting like pirates.. they are worse than wanted criminals, no justice! over powered police, killing somebody for randomly shoots... i have couple of times even situations when i was helping police killing highly wanted (40k+) and unlucky some laser shoots hit police... and what? no "im sorry"... you are wanted and must die you stupid player.... for random shoot no aimed on police or other not wanted ship.... and for what are those all high specs computers on ships if we canot pay bounties directly from ship... or getting money from, waste of time flying to station every 50k gathered cose stupid situations and random police 400 system bountes can get you killed instantly....

so no word on 1.04 yet???? still crickets..... me and my group of friends are waiting on wings/ better team play features....

Yeah I haven't even played since launch. Waiting for more content. Hoping next update will give me the incentive to get back in.

Hi,
why after attacking a bounty wanted ship im gettin attacked by federal police? federal police and faction setting those bounty, u gainin rep for killing bounty wanted ships and automatically when police is near - you dont get thanks you from police but msg - u are bounty in this system (400) but only on system, cose shooted wanted ship (400) and nothing more for destroying, also those 400 bounty is not needed to be paid in station... u can escape and come back to that system and again police are nice to you... and why its randomly?! i mean: if police already fighting a wanted ship - you can join and almost always get the bounty for destroying and u are clear! no bounty from police on you... also, that AI and system doesnt make any sense... why police can destroy our ships for 400 bounty setted by them on you for shooting (wanted) ships on system if federation even don't want to pay this bounty on any stations?! please make it more real, small bounties for example (under 1000-2000) should not be punished by attackin from police and destroying our ships... just like in real life... patrol.. please halt :D and paying this small bounty directly to them, cose those stupid police patrols acting like pirates.. they are worse than wanted criminals, no justice! over powered police, killing somebody for randomly shoots... i have couple of times even situations when i was helping police killing highly wanted (40k+) and unlucky some laser shoots hit police... and what? no "im sorry"... you are wanted and must die you stupid player.... for random shoot no aimed on police or other not wanted ship.... and for what are those all high specs computers on ships if we canot pay bounties directly from ship... or getting money from, waste of time flying to station every 50k gathered cose stupid situations and random police 400 system bountes can get you killed instantly....

Perhaps if you tried English to communicate we could understand you ... ;-)

so no word on 1.04 yet???? still crickets..... me and my group of friends are waiting on wings/ better team play features....

Same here. 4 guys off my wing already quit the game, because the waiting times are insanely long for anything. And tbh.. There is only so much trading you can do without getting overly bored with it :p
Would be proper if they'd share something, ANYTHING about the new patch and what does it contain... Is there a test server for it? Blows my mind that they only ask crap in FB and other social medias, when they should be delivering the features...

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom