Patch Notes Update Elite: Dangerous Update 1.04 Change Log

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Finally fix for boughty hunters now all the people saying "It's your fault" can stop

Hitting innocent ships and security vessels will still totally be your fault. It's when you shoot down a criminal from the Cool Dudes faction in a system and the system security is also part of the Cool Dudes faction they would get mad thing that's gone. The main thing I've seen in threads is people shoot a ship that passes through their line of fire and they get a bounty. That should still be the same and people will still say "It's your fault."

Hitting innocent ships and security vessels will still totally be your fault. It's when you shoot down a criminal from the Cool Dudes faction in a system and the system security is also part of the Cool Dudes faction they would get mad thing that's gone. The main thing I've seen in threads is people shoot a ship that passes through their line of fire and they get a bounty. That should still be the same and people will still say "It's your fault."

No. When they fly right in front of your ship and have a split second to react its their fault for bad flying.

Ever since the update, I can't get past the unable to log in to the authentication server message. I've waited more than an hour before trying again, too.

LOGIN FAILURE
The game failed to communicate with the authentication server. Please check your internet connection and try again in a few minutes.
_
(OK Button)

thanks for the update so soon after holidays.
couple of experiences in 2 hours - encountered a LOT more players than ever before - nice.
not so much... got interdicted and couldn't get out of it - escape or submit, had to save and quit after several mins just floating about, lost some bounties. thats never happened before..
and, after intedicting a felon and having a scrap for 10 mins, they spontaneously disappeared - no frame shift charge or escape, they just disappeared after a few secs of rapidly teleporting about on the scanner - I assume this isn't some new cloaking device..? maybe it is?!

Still, thx for the update, your game amazes me daily.

I had a couple of ships do this to me too. The first time it happened, I was left scratching my head wondering how he got away when he seemed to leave no trail or wake ..............

The second time it happened, I boosted forward on the ship's last known trajectory/heading and found it sitting all quiet with very little heat output! From then on, it was fairly easy to re-aquire, re-target and take him/her down :)

Back in and playing, and all looks well. However, I have a suggestion for the next update, based on what just happened to me.

Would it be possible if, during a combat situation, that there be a virtual "no crime" tunnel put between combatants. I was in the middle of a fire fight between myself and a wanted NPC, and a police vessel flew between us. I had no warning of this, and I accidentally hit him, which got me an instant bounty of 400CR and a "Wanted" notice. I know that this is not the real world, but in a real combat situation you do not cross a firing lane, and, if you are stupid enough to do so, you accept the consequences and move on.

Agreed.
I have been trying to come up with an easy fix for this and the best I have come up with is an option to pay 'on the spot' fines - yes, the copper crossed into your firing lane however you still hit a friendly. An option to quickly pay a fine without having to run back to the nearest port would be nice (maybe even make the fines progressively larger to keep players at least a little bit careful).

Oh, an in-game commanders' notebook would be nice too... :)

Nearly every time this game has been updated, I get a the same validation error when ever I try to install the new files.

The game was working just fine, this morning while I have ben trying to get the Voice Attack configured from the game.

I'm so up to my neck with these problems.

I haven't played since Boxing Day morning just before I had to send the computer in the get fixed again and have only just got it back earlier this week.

I haven't played since then, because I like to record my game play.

My handy camera is not working anymore and I can only use Shadowplay on the machine.

I have spent some time early this morning assigning what I believe to be voice operated commands to the key binds I have chosen in my Elite Dangerous game.

Yet, I can't get them to work and these actually cause my computer to go haywire anytime I have those commands chosen while Voice Attack is switched on.

What ever I did with it seems to be the problem, because my keyboard's behavior goes back to normal when ever I close the Voice Attack window completely.

Anyway, I just want to get the thing that allows my voice to be heard (Using the head set with microphone!) while making Shadowplay videos.

I had it working months ago, when I first downloaded the Voice Attack software. I can't even locate the original registration key they gave me when I purchased it and have been using the 21 day demo!

Not sure if my voice over is possible suing this software or the voice recognition software that is part of Windows 8.

A quick fix for every problem I'm having with this would be welcome.

Validation error

Hey guys, if anyone's getting the validation error for data.ovx (like I did for each update). Try validating the combat training first, then validating the actual game. Works like a charm for me! :D

PS: options>validate game files

Produced by and consumbed by - is this something I can See?

- Add produced by and consumbed by information to all trade goods (except rares)

Is this something I can see? The only Information I see is imported from and exported to.

Private groups broken for me since update

My son and I have been loving this game since we got it about a week ago. We've both amassed around 2 million credits doing co-operative rare runs and have just bought ourselves Type 6 transporters to take on the Grand Tour of rare sites.

Up until yesterday this was great. We have a private group set up and have been playing together with no hint of a problem.

Now, since the update yesterday, we are finding it impossible to play together as the game insists on putting us on different servers. We'll be both sitting in the same system, outside the same station but just not in the same universe.
I've searched but can't find anyone else talking about this problem so, is it just something we've started doing wrong or is it broken and nobody else has noticed?

- Add produced by and consumbed by information to all trade goods (except rares)

Is this something I can see? The only Information I see is imported from and exported to.
It's on that same panel, it lets you know what type of economy produces it and what type consumes it. I.e High Tech produced by and everything but high tech consumed by. That was the first item I had a chance to see on the market.

Since 1.04 the start button isn't lighting up.

Launcher logged in with no problem
Game started and switched from "unconnected" to "Server: 54.170.15.80:19364

So after being 'bugged' and unable to play for 11 days since December, then having FD fix it without checking for collateral damage of the outage; having lost all Federation reputation, which was well beyond friendly and the mission system thinking I need to get "Cadet" rank missions, even though I'm already Lieutenant, so I am blocked from any further advance, now I'm back to being unable to play again at all.

Worst is the fact that FD has made no response nor did I ever see an official statement on how they plan to handle player loss caused by corruption in star systems or player characters or whatever it is that failed.
If they don't feel any urgency to be responsible and reliable about player's in-game efforts, I think I'm getting pretty close to just wanting a refund. There's other games where the company respects player's efforts and restores things or reputation lost due to problems the company is responsible for. I don't see how this can be a fair competition to the grand prize when the game will randomly corrupt player's accounts and loose their progress? Being friendly with the Federation makes a huge difference in the game. Stations are green all over Fed systems and you get better missions, less hassle, less interdictions.

I'm suddenly getting worse performance. A couple of days ago I played it without any stutters or anything. Now I get stutters every couple of seconds while I'm moving or looking around.

Its not in that column.
This is shown at the right side where you can see the info about the goods.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom