Patch Notes Update Elite: Dangerous Update 1.04 Change Log

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
im sure 1.04 is a bit laggy..er than previous updates i have played alot with no real prob whatsoever .. but 1.04 has shown more lag there thats all im still flying though

Plenty of lag but it still is playable, hoping they get a few quick fixes out with a 1.0.5 this week.

I've had so much lag an NPC I had in my sights suddenly teleported about 500m earlier. Stuff teleporting all over the place. Even saw an anaconda in a RES go completely mental, teleport around and then go flying, bounce off a rock and blow up.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

It actually reminded me of the physics in Battlefield for a moment.

ALL ships should have some tolerance towards stray shots, it shouldn't be a straight-off one-shot and BAM! you are an enemy.

Correct they should implement shot detection patch to combat this issue. Say you accidentally shoot your friend or a security craft you will be warned if you shoot the same craft again 2nd warning, 3rd warning will be last if you shoot the same craft after three times then you should be wanted. Also increase the fine once you're wanted it should be 1k & any further strikes adds 1k on top. On that note they should remove the bounty wipe if you get kill by NPC or self destruct, the bounty on your head should remain till another CMDR kills you.

ALL ships should have some tolerance towards stray shots, it shouldn't be a straight-off one-shot and BAM! you are an enemy.

I vote for the verb "Tug". I can imagine an old spacer saying:

"They got in behind me and tried their best to tug me off while I was super cruising here"

Nah I prefer "Doggy" as you have to approach them from behind for interception :) & I like the one's that submit hehehe

Correct they should implement shot detection patch to combat this issue. Say you accidentally shoot your friend or a security craft you will be warned if you shoot the same craft again 2nd warning, 3rd warning will be last if you shoot the same craft after three times then you should be wanted. Also increase the fine once you're wanted it should be 1k & any further strikes adds 1k on top. On that note they should remove the bounty wipe if you get kill by NPC or self destruct, the bounty on your head should remain till another CMDR kills you.

i like this.
getting quite annoyed with a random npc crossing my line at close range and taking a stray shot if I'm after a bounty, suddenly I'm the bad guy because my last shot hits them.

So I fire one of those scatter gun type things, and "Ping Warning Ping Warning Ping Wanted Ping Ping Ping Ping Ping!"

Two solutions to that: tag each individual projectile as having been fired by a single activation of the weapon, or have a timer after which a hit counts as subsequent rather than simultaneous. This all adds to the complexity and processing burden of the system, especially when p2p multiplayer synchronization is taken into account.

I tried to adapt the issue you're discussing to today's world. If you shoot a police vehicle once, they only shout at you. You shot twice, they should louder and only after a third shot they chase you :)

Yeah, I know, shields (but what if you shoot at a police armoured vehicle? or a military tank? would they be polite too? :D )

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom