Patch Notes Update Elite: Dangerous 1.2.07 incoming

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
If I remember correctly a level 1 is the ping, level 2 is a normal scan of the surface and level 3 is a detailed scan of the surface.

Michael

Interesting. If this is the case, why are my stats for level 2 and level 3 stats 0 even though I've been out exploring using both scanners many times? I'm intrigued! :)

uhhh so if i get a 200cr bounty from a stupid npc who flys in while im attacking a bounty or attacking a wanted ship before my scan finishes i have to go find a stupid outpost or risk my 1 mil insurance to get it reset, please clarify

The 200Cr fine (not bounty unless you don't pay it for 24 hours) is not from a stupid NPC flying in front of you, but for a stupid CMDR not using his scanner to see that an NPC is about to fly in front of him.

My preferred tactic is to boost in a maximum speed - they don't have time to scan you :)

Michael

I tried that 2 or 3 times - i usually end up leaving a paint smear somewhere close to where it says "The Empire welcomes careful drivers" Quite often the last thingthat goes through my brain as i realsise ive missed again is the back of the seat

If you see a station with "The empire comes careful drivers" then ive usually tried to boost in

Last edited:
Hello there

I lost my viper day before yesterday and one mill in bounties due to trusting auto dock and getting snagged on the cage whilst I fed my cat.

I, for one, welcome our overlord's changes.

Rgds

Lok
Oops, forum deleted my intended quote and whacked someone else's in on mobile. Apols.
L

Adfjusted Type 7 and Viper collision mesh to make them a bit harder to get stuck in the starport entrance cage

dont agree with bowing down to people crying.
game is called DANGER after all

Have a feeling this has more to do with NPC's than players. At least I have never had any problems with my Viper or Type-7.

My preferred tactic is to boost in a maximum speed - they don't have time to scan you :)

Michael

Easier said than done with some ships ;) braking before hitting the back wall can be tight sometimes

This is my method if i've been naughty or "found" something :D

Thanks for the patch, I'll check out the Vulture skins for my trusty steed.

Hello there

I lost my viper day before yesterday and one mill in bounties due to trusting auto dock and getting snagged on the cage whilst I fed my cat.

I, for one, welcome our overlord's changes.

Rgds

Lok

maybe the cat could have waited and extra 10 seconds for you to actually DOCK!

i cna't even believe ppl complain about such thing.

you are responsible 200% for what happened to your ship yet blame the game.....unbelievable

Anything that makes the game easy i dont agree with,
the dock computer should be removed , ( if you cant control the ship you should not use it ) type9 for example,,, You want 500 cargo earn it by docking it yourself and not going for as coffie break.....

or make it cost you 25% cargo to use it.

Last edited:
Horray for no more afk bond farming!
also happy about the npc's no longer sniping targets.
good stuff
more skins are always nice but when are we going to see some conda love?
also when you are denied docking does the station open up on you? It's kind of hard to land at an outpost in a conda. Fighting off the security is one thing but being insta killed by the station is another.

Last edited:
The reason for all the questions is that there is a stat in the right panel for level 2 & 3 and they have always been zero, and we have got no explanation of them. So will they start to work now, or will they still be zero?

And here we were hoping for more content for exploration already hidden in the statistics :/

lol

lol. New paint jobs.. Just spent 32 pound on them (thought I would show support, and my ASP was looking pretty boring) and I am sure there will be a new one I will prefer!

Literally JUST NOW.. The confirmation email arrived as I was reading these patch notes.. haha :)

Great stuff guys!

Can we expect the 'tactical' skins soon (i.e. the second image from the recent newsletter)?

Why would there be any questions?

well, mostly because this has been around for months now, repeatedly discussed in many, many threads and not once did a Dev step in and say "hey, those are surface scans with or without the DSS, just wait until it's fixed".

People have wildly speculated about additional exploration content (which is rather one-dimensional from a gaming perspective) already being part of the stats for quite a while because of this.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom