David Braben Powerplay AMA

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Hello David,
Thanks for taking the time to answer a few questions.
Are new weapons in this new update (eg burst lasers for size 2 slots or the fabled proceduraly generated weapons)
With the new mining changed, can an anaconda equipped to mine make as much coin as an anaconda on a trade route? Is this the goal?
What are the new ships key features? hardpoints etc
Why wasnt the corvette released in 1.3 given it was sneak peaked nearly 3 months ago now?
Missions, on the sliding scale of missions now, can one expect to do missions and make as much money as I can in my trading anaconda? (a common theme in my questions..)

Thanks for taking the time.

Hello everyone. Welcome to the Powerplay AMA.

Hi David,

thanks for giving us the opportunity to ask you some questions about Powerplay.

The one thing most important to me: are you still working on persistent NPCs or will there already be some degree of persistence in Powerplay? Given that we can find assassination targets in Supercruise now, will we also be able to follow them from normal space into SC for example?

Thanks for taking the time!

Will PowerPlay add more station decorations for factions? Now most stations look the same regardless of which faction controls it.

David Braben

CEO & Founder
Frontier
From AnnuverScotinExile:

So, on the subject of a real power play, when do we get our God-like powers David?

There has been a considerable discussion on the practicalities of what those God-like powers mean in the game. We see a path where the DDF (and perhaps other invited members of the community) have direct input into the Powers.

We are looking into ways we can make this work, but it will not be in Powerplay at day #1. Maybe even one of the powers could be driven directly by the DDF?

David;

With the radical change in rankings, allegiance etc with Powerplay has any thought been giving to resetting every players status with major and minor factions so we all start from the same reputation base?

Since I'm skeptical about getting an answer to my previous question in this thread I'll try this instead. ;)

Are there still a couple of (smaller) surprises left that will be announced leading up to the Beta test?

Good afternoon Mr Braben,

Can I also ask about Ironman Mode. Is that any part or Power Play or can you indicate when it might be slated for?

Many thanks and Right On Commmander!

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
David. A bit OT bit its an AMA after all. A LOT of third party tool authors are waiting for the ED API. Since begin January till the 19th of February we could say what we needed. After that there was a 2 month silence period. This week we heard from Mr Brookes there was no news to report wrt the API. Can you perhaps say something about the current status of the API development. It just feels as if its abandoned (to me that is).....

David no questions here just a personal thank you and my sincerest admiration for all the work that you and your talented team has done so far.

Elite is Legendary Stuff!

Hi David,

Big warm thanks again to you and all the team for delivering such an amazing game :)

Here is my question:
Will it be easy to track down the evolution of the different groups in the galaxy map?

With love!

Commander TNX

Hi David, cockpit access to Galnet is a good new feature. Will this have a range? I.e will explorers on the other side of the Galaxy still have access?

Thanks

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom