Alien Artifacts and permit

Screenshot_0043.jpg

Anybody unlocked this permit yet?

Ok, so we are trying to solve the puzzle of 'system trade consists of rumoured alien artefacts found in deep space'.

We know there are alien artefacts in space and we don't know where.

I think we want to record and listen to any artefacts we find (just in case it's important) and bring them to this station. It has a black market, I assume that is something to do with it.

Last edited:
Ooooo... Now that is interesting. The left panel states that you are designated a plague ship only if you enter the atmosphere of the moon. You wouldn't need to if there is a space station (I assume there is). What else is there?

Any luck with finding a permit? I'm intrigued now, and am going to hurry the last 12000Lys back to inhabited space. :)

If i gain that permit i would use it for Power play. Attack of the Thargoids maybe? Alien race conquering all known habitable space.... Sounds like a plan.

Just do missions to get the permit.
I need a few more missions. I can see the permit but they don't trust me yet.

I'm assuming those atrefacts can be sold here and missions or clues are given for other locations of other artefacts they would like to see.
They trade in alien artefacts so worth having the permit.

Last edited:
according to the Updated Permit List here the permit can be obtained in HIP 18609

That is correct.

- - - Updated - - -

Wouldnt someone already have that permit and have nothing really to report if it appears on a site?

Others have the permit. There was lots of commanders who just acquired all the permits they could find.

Those commanders are either no longer playing or are not interested in alien artefacts. There is no one else here except me.

Thing is - if you need a permit then someone issues that permit. That someone must know that the system that needs a permit is "special" in some way and so there would be no point opening it up when you can exploit it themselves?

Also...if you need a permit then whatever is in the system is already discovered anyway or there wouldnt be a permit for it :)

So...I dont think permit systems are it. I think its just out there in the black to stumble upon - assuming of course its not complete baloney :)

Thing is - if you need a permit then someone issues that permit. That someone must know that the system that needs a permit is "special" in some way and so there would be no point opening it up when you can exploit it themselves?

Also...if you need a permit then whatever is in the system is already discovered anyway or there wouldnt be a permit for it :)

So...I dont think permit systems are it. I think its just out there in the black to stumble upon - assuming of course its not complete baloney :)

Those other commanders got the permit before patch 1.2
I will have the permit in an hour or 2. It's just a permit to get access. Nothing more.
They do trade in alien artefacts tho and 'alien' and 'artefacts' are hot topic right now. So its either a place to trade artefacts for better price than black market or it gives other clues.
Imagine if you get allied with this faction. Maybe the missions may be different.
We have to try.

I put it out there for you guys to decide.
I will move on in a day or 2.

Last edited:
We have to try.

Exactly. There's a time for speculation and discussion, but when there's a lead it should be followed as far as possible. I'm in, though there will be a lot of people ahead of me as I'm a long way away (not sure I'll make it back until the weekend, but I'll try!).

Mh, maybe one is likely to be interdicted by Thargoids when carrying alien artefacts off inhabited space? Just saying.

Maybe one should camp a station there, scan npcs for artefacts and follow him to ... Don't know

Last edited:
Top Bottom