Sell (all) bounty transaction at 50% loss. They're spamming up my Transaction list!

Buying a Sidewinder and SDing is a workaround, not a solution. Improving tab organisation is a good idea, but much more work than this specific issue needs to solve it.

Option to sell unwanted bounties at any kind of loss: +1.
Option to just delete unwanted bounties: +1.

I don't want to be obliged to visit stations everywhere I've been interdicted en route to somewhere else, just to clear the tab. It's a nuisance and nothing more.

That is a good point, we can abandon missions, why can we not abandon bounty claims?

- - - Updated - - -

Seconded.
I would love that.
I feel it would add a nice and realistic dynamic to the bounty mechanic.

Once fpa is in I can imagine myself going to some small shady office in a station to sell my vouchers. Would be a cool thing to have in the game.

fpa? That awesome fancy pants adventure? No seriously, I am not entirely sure what this is?

The ideas of both deleting bounties and bounty broker have been suggested before and I'm okay with either idea. NeilF's excellent suggestion of a bounty selling as a criminal activity is new to me, though. At the risk of threadjacking, if we take that and add a few more pieces, data-crime could be an interesting new career option.

Trading data seems the most easily created thing in this vein. Cashing in other people's unwanted bounties is the on-point example. Trade in things like sims (as mentioned so many times on Galnet), military plans, blueprints and prototypes should find an obvious home here. It could be an interesting and lucrative addition and alternative to regular trade. If nothing else, we can finally do something with that daft menu where the only option is 'I want to sell stolen goods' (assuming FD haven't already done something since 1.3 - I'll check later, if I remember).

Beyond that, we could add hacking limpets and blank data storage modules to copy data to. You could fire limpets at stations or ships and they would do whatever you've set them for - pirating, stealing, replacing or erasing data, as required. Targeting a station would be tricky, since the outside would naturally be protected from such attacks and the inside is full of guns - you'd fire off one limpet and then you'd run like Linford Christie being chased by a mob of angry women armed with special castration scissors.

Obtaining, planting or erasing data for a faction could be interesting and should tie in quite nicely with PowerPlay. Getting trade data from a station could be used to unlock live data for an entire area, allowing traders to plan profitable routes much more easily. Selling the data should be quite profitable. Buying a copy should naturally be quite expensive, but profitable for a savvy trader.

It's a little off-topic, but it's an idea, anyway. :)

The ideas of both deleting bounties and bounty broker have been suggested before and I'm okay with either idea. NeilF's excellent suggestion of a bounty selling as a criminal activity is new to me, though. At the risk of threadjacking, if we take that and add a few more pieces, data-crime could be an interesting new career option.
TBH I simply suggested you could seel your bounties at a black market location (to a Bounty Broker) just to make it a little more unique/special. ie: Rather than every station having this facility, you'd need to to a black market station to utilise it...

I'm in total agreement with this idea and faction is irrelevant. If it's a bounter broker, they're simply buying the bounty off you minus a commission, then doing the leg work themselves. Hell, you could make it another player aspect! Can't be bothered to go around collecting your bounties? Sell them to someone who enjoys flying around exploring!

MGC_Morph
Hmmm... Interesting...

So the bounties you sell (for say 50%) don't simply disappear out of the game (as I suggested), but are then held/listed at that station where someone else can buy them back say for 60% of their value? They can then take them to cash them in...

If the stations starts getting a lot, then obviously some NPCs can come along and take smoe off the list :)

But it would give someone the opportunity to go around buying up a lot of unwanted bounties and then cashing them in for 40% of their value.

Question is, would all that extra effort result in enough interesting gameplay?

Hmmm... Interesting...

So the bounties you sell (for say 50%) don't simply disappear out of the game (as I suggested), but are then held/listed at that station where someone else can buy them back say for 60% of their value? They can then take them to cash them in...

If the stations starts getting a lot, then obviously some NPCs can come along and take smoe off the list :)

But it would give someone the opportunity to go around buying up a lot of unwanted bounties and then cashing them in for 40% of their value.

Question is, would all that extra effort result in enough interesting gameplay?

Only if there was some way to plot a route to a system where they can be claimed, even setting each bounty as a poi along a route. This is something i would do but the original problem of finding these factions would have to be fixed first

Only if there was some way to plot a route to a system where they can be claimed, even setting each bounty as a poi along a route. This is something i would do but the original problem of finding these factions would have to be fixed first

Agreed. We need a View On Map option like Powerplay tasks to locate the (nearest) system to collect Bounties.

Agreed. We need a View On Map option like Powerplay tasks to locate the (nearest) system to collect Bounties.

yep view on map with a filter option to only show systems you have a claim in that would do me fine - I could then plot a route and claim more bounties on the way.

Space scrap yards must be littered with brand new sidewinders blown up for no other reason but to rid yourself of these claims.
I guess this is where all the scrap commodities come from :eek:

I've now got pages and pages of bounties from goodness knows where spamming up my transactions. Surely I can sell these in a station to a "broker" who will then sell them at the appropriate system on my behalf? Maybe even at a 50% commission rate?
A belated +1 to this, which I searched for but missed. I started a new thread with a very similar suggestion, right down to the 50% commission. Great minds, yadda yadda.

We definitely need something to help clear the backlog of bounties. Right now all we have is a random (probably sorted by date awarded but effectively random) list of locations spread throughout the galaxy. Trying to work through them in any sort of order is a nightmare.

A belated +1 to this, which I searched for but missed. I started a new thread with a very similar suggestion, right down to the 50% commission. Great minds, yadda yadda.

We definitely need something to help clear the backlog of bounties. Right now all we have is a random (probably sorted by date awarded but effectively random) list of locations spread throughout the galaxy. Trying to work through them in any sort of order is a nightmare.

...wow... and the fact you've suggested a "Broker" facilitates the buying of the bounties too... Spooky!

Now FD have to do it!

Last edited:
How about, you can sell them for half price on the BLACK MARKET... ie: At stations with a Black Market, you can then sell any "unwanted" bounties to an individual there! So it solves the problem, and adds a tad of story/atmosphere too!

Great idea, it fits in nicely with the gameplay, and with a market-driven economy.

I think the real reason this is implemented is because FD want us to travel.
It's something they do in PvE mmo's.
Like they will put a certain NPC you have to interact with in a low pop area so more players have to go there.
I think another reason was the exploits, iirc.

I like the idea to sell it to black market. Makes sense.

It's not life has no value, it's about having a bounty when defending myself against some attacker in some uninteresting system (you wanted to pass by, the unique station is 150k away and it will cost you more than the bounty to go there).

By order of preference :

1) Allow me to make a donation to police orphans of the system against a tiny reputation up.
2) Allow me to sell this bounty half-price to some specific bounty primes recover agency.
3) Allow me to erase this bounty from my list.

Buying a Sidewinder and SDing is a workaround, not a solution. Improving tab organisation is a good idea, but much more work than this specific issue needs to solve it.

I don't want to be obliged to visit stations everywhere I've been interdicted en route to somewhere else, just to clear the tab. It's a nuisance and nothing more.
^^^^This for me too.

Agree with OP.
Bounty titles are an asset, we should be able to trade them with some faction/office/service. They would get a fee (based on faction, how often e use the service, offer and deman and the like). So yeah it should be like a commodity.

maybe they could add a bounty hunters faction and place bounty hunters hub stations sparsely scattered about , where you can sell bounties you take a loss on them to sell them there as they become middlemen and take a transaction fee , but would make it one system to jump to to unload bounties instead of lots of them , lol if station walk around ever got added could make them custom look inside and out stations and give them sorta dangerous bar feel , lol maybe not as dirty and dangerous as say a pirate stations , but fitting rough crowd that would visit them :p. make them uncommon to rare , lol and totally pirates would need their own hives of villainy out their too . eh just a thought lol get too many ideas some times

edit: bounty hunter hubs would k warrant scan you and try to kill ya if you have a bounty anywhere :p

Last edited:
[PROPOSAL] Bounty Broker Business

Some very smart commanders have proposed the introduction of a so called Bounty Broker to the game.

He would be a new contact available in stations.
His task would be to enable you to redeem those pesky bounties in far away systems that clog up your Transactions screen.
For his services the Bounty Broker would of course receive a percentage of the bounties redeemed.

I like this proposal very much and I would like to add another task the Bounty Broker could perform.

I just discovered that a bounty that was on my head has become a legacy fine after a week has passed.
I can now pay this fine off, but I would have to travel to the system I incurred the bounty in.
In my case this is not much of an inconvenience (only 5 jumps away), but I can imagine that there are many situations in which this would be very inconvenient.

What if you could go to the already proposed Bounty Broker and hire him to go take care of this.
He would get a compensation for this of course, let's say 10% of the bounty that is on your head.

There is an additional problem though.
I happen to remember that I had this bounty (now legacy fine) on my head and I also remember in which system this is.
But there currently seems to be no way to view these types of ex-bounties that turned into legacy fines.
Even without the implementation of a Bounty Broker we need to be able see this information, because if you are anything like me you will eventually forget where you have to go to pay them off.
Why not just show the legacy fine with the needed information in the transaction screen, perhaps with the ability to remove the info if you do not care about it?

Last edited:
This would encourage people to kill people who have been undermining. Thus making it even riskier. FD would have to increase the undermining rewards to compensate. Also, this allows for the possibility for a bounty hunter to get paid in a station of the faction that commissioned that same undermining activity, which makes zero sense politically.

This would encourage people to kill people who have been undermining.

I am a bit thick at times :)
But so what? Why shouldn't it?
It is the size of the bounty that encourages killing someone.
What would it matter if you can use a Bounty Broker to pay off Bounties in far away systems for a fee?
I feel it would be a valid gaming mechanic that adds a bit of depth too.

I was not at all thinking about PowerPlay by the way, so your remarks took me by surprise.
I consider the Bounty Broker proposal to be a general gaming mechanic, independent from PP.

Also, this allows for the possibility for a bounty hunter to get paid in a station of the faction that commissioned that same undermining activity, which makes zero sense politically.

An average station contains many thousands of people of all kinds.
Some of them, like Bounty Brokers could be independent businessmen.
A Bounty Broker would not be a government official.
I see no problem.

Last edited:
Good idea! A twist on it would be to let you post to the system services BB as a mission:

DOGG That Bounty: CMDR Iskariot has 243,542 CR owed to him and simply has no time to collect the amount from SEVEN scattered systems 112 LY apart. He is willing to pay 50% to anyone willing to collect all bounties.

Would require some coding to track deferred bounties and splits but would be fun! If I like I'll take you up on the offer, run to the 7 systems and back and pocket 121,771 CR!

Top Bottom