Sell (all) bounty transaction at 50% loss. They're spamming up my Transaction list!

I've now got pages and pages of bounties from goodness knows where spamming up my transactions. CMDRs are even committing suicide to remove them.

Suggestions...

Sell them to Bounty Broker
If you go to a station with a Black Market, you can sell any unwanted bounties (from your Transactions) at a big loss (eg: 50%).

Delete/Forfeit Bounty
At the very least give an option to simply discard an unwanted Bounty in the Transactions. (Been asked for numerous times)

Show Bounty System
Allow an option to "View System" for a Bounty to show the (closest?) system on the galaxy map to cash it in.

Bounty Broker Additional Suggestion
An interesting enhancement to the BountY Broker suggestion is, rather than bounties sold to the Bounty Broker simply disappearing from the game, these bounties are stored/accrued (by station, system) an additional feature could let CMDRs buy these consolidated bounties from the Broker at say 60% their face value. The CMDR could then fly to the appropriate system to cash the consolidated Bounties in.

ie: Twenty CMDRs sell their 10,000CR bounties for DirkaDirka (250LY) away at a station over a number of months, each getting 5,000CR. A CMDR see's there's a consolidated bounty for 200,000CR at this station, and buys it/them (60%) for 120,000CR. He then flies to DirkaDirka, cashes it in for 200,000CR resulting in an 80,000CR profit.

Bounty Broker Platinum Solution
When you sell an unwanted bounty at a Bounty Broker, they buy it at a value that diminishes with distance from the associated system. The Broker consolidates any/all bounties for the same system (eg: 10 bounties for one system would become a single item/bounty).

CMDRs can then browse these consolidated bounties and buy them. The purchase cost is just 1% more than the sell price (in that location). They can then move them closer to the required system and sell them at (hopefully) an improved price at another broker, or indeed just take them all the way to the associated system to sell them at face value.

As such there would be a completely dynamic market in moving unwanted bounties around the galaxy with their prices simply based on distance from their associated system.

Full example here - https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=158486&p=2504375&viewfull=1#post2504375

Only issues would be:-
- Would there be enough of these bounties to merit such a solution, and/or enough interest in moving them around (to make a profit).
- Could FD's servers cope with these virtual bounty brokers having these lists of consolidated bounties.

This... God yes please... I'ts gotten so bad that I actually undock in a sidewinder and purposely kill myself just to clear all those bounties lol

I'd like to elaborate on this further... The 2 reasons I dont bother with all the extra bounties is 1) Its a pain finding all the systems of said bounties, and flying round to hand em all in can just not be worth the overall effort, and 2) I dont want to be gaining rep with some of the factions I have bounties for.

So my idea of a solution would be to have a seperate contact at a station with a black market (I like the idea of incorporating the black market in this) and having them as a middle man who take the rep credit, and 25% of the cash reward as a fee for their services. %50 would be a bit harsh in my opinion, considering they are taking the credit for your work, AND are getting a cut of the pay.

With the addition of this mechanic, I may actually be tempted to fit a KWS again lol

Greetings

I like the buy/sell bounties on the market option.

Has there been any official word on a solution to this problem?

This... God yes please... I'ts gotten so bad that I actually undock in a sidewinder and purposely kill myself just to clear all those bounties lol

I'd like to elaborate on this further... The 2 reasons I dont bother with all the extra bounties is 1) Its a pain finding all the systems of said bounties, and flying round to hand em all in can just not be worth the overall effort, and 2) I dont want to be gaining rep with some of the factions I have bounties for.

So my idea of a solution would be to have a seperate contact at a station with a black market (I like the idea of incorporating the black market in this) and having them as a middle man who take the rep credit, and 25% of the cash reward as a fee for their services. %50 would be a bit harsh in my opinion, considering they are taking the credit for your work, AND are getting a cut of the pay.

With the addition of this mechanic, I may actually be tempted to fit a KWS again lol

None of these suggestions/threads tend to get any official response, so it's hard to tell if they're even aware of the issue, much less addressing it.

I was hoping that they would bring back the Pilot's Federation to resolve this issue, in all major starports and offering remote bounty / fine processing for 25% of the cut (perhaps less for Alliance,/ Federation / Empire bounties). As much as I like the market idea I think that would need a lot more time to do it.....

G

I was hoping that they would bring back the Pilot's Federation to resolve this issue, in all major starports and offering remote bounty / fine processing for 25% of the cut (perhaps less for Alliance,/ Federation / Empire bounties). As much as I like the market idea I think that would need a lot more time to do it.....

G
Like all the other threads that suggest it, this removes consequence, meaningful decisions, and realization of distance from the game.

Like all the other threads that suggest it, this removes consequence, meaningful decisions, and realization of distance from the game.

While I think (if it was harsh enough, like 95% per lightyear multiplicative) this is an acceptable compromise...

- You've changed your tune PR (in the space of 7 posts).

The reduction of bounty by ly from where it was earned is both the consequence and the realisation of distance (although quite why distance should be an issue is a bit odd).

What if you had an option to abandon a bounty ?

Development time is very short, I assume.
Keeping your transactions clean would be achieved.

That's somewhat over dramatic don't you think compared to the myriad of other "disposable" mechanics in the game? ie: Have you been to a RES to witness the never ending procession of mindless suicidal Wanted's turning up there clearly just to throw themselves on your lasers for the benefit of your credit balance? ie: Don't pretent so much else of the game has high standards to meet!

That aside though, I still think the best two options are:-
  • Cheap'n'nasty: Just an "Abandon" option, basically as per missions etc. So this should be quick for FD to implement.
  • Nicely: A Bounty Broker in Black Markets to sell unwanted bounties too at a calculated lower value.

The first at least allows the problem to be solved... and the second achieves the same at least with a modicum of realism/depth.

The fact we're over a year into the game and people are blowing themselves up in Sidewinders because of this is astounding... especially when we seemingly have development time for the likes of Bobble Heads!

Last edited:
The first at least allows the problem to be solved... and the second achieves the same at least with a modicum of realism/depth.

The fact we're over a year into the game and people are blowing themselves up in Sidewinders because of this is astounding... especially when we seemingly have development time for the likes of Bobble Heads!

I think that perfectly sums up the situation on the txn screen. Ok, so the Bobble Heads are revenue raising and FD are after all a business, but there are in game issues partly caused by the games popularity (as in the persistence of play by long term players) and *perhaps* a lack of forethought by the game designers.

At the moment I'd happily forego a major content update in favour of an update that looks to resolve unforeseen issues that have built up over time and incorporates commander feedback on how to improve the playing experience (awaits the quality of life backlash!).

I think that perfectly sums up the situation on the txn screen. Ok, so the Bobble Heads are revenue raising and FD are after all a business, but there are in game issues partly caused by the games popularity (as in the persistence of play by long term players) and *perhaps* a lack of forethought by the game designers.

At the moment I'd happily forego a major content update in favour of an update that looks to resolve unforeseen issues that have built up over time and incorporates commander feedback on how to improve the playing experience (awaits the quality of life backlash!).

Personally, given where we are now, I suspect we're on a path which isn't going to deviate much... We'll now generally just be marching onto the next marketing development targeting I fear... :(

I'd love to be proved wrong obviously :) Somewhat like you, I wished V1.5 was "Core Love" rather than "Ships" TBH!

Last edited:
I think they should just fix the UI elements. You should still have to travel to systems to get your bounty. But maybe there needs to be a summary list of "list of systems with highest bounties waiting for collection" with distance from current location, and also an option to see them on the galaxy map.

Also, there should be options to do things like collecting bounties, refuel, reload, pay fines, turn in missions, exploration data etc, automatically either on landing or launch at your option. Extra clicking is unnecessary and it's not gameplay it's candy crush without the colours or any thought. If for any reason you want to do this manually (you might want to turn in bounties at a particular system) then you can always turn it off.

We'll now generally just be marching onto the next marketing development targeting I fear... :(
Somewhat like you, I wished V1.5 was "Core Love"

I'm hopeful. For a relatively small dev, FD have had a huge amount of content released in the last quarter of last year part of which was no doubt the rush to cash in on the Christmas purchase market. I'm hoping that they take a breather, dare I say it even optimistic (based on nothing at all ofc)!

Not in the slightest. It would suggest however that there is some sort of organised, advanced intelligent life in the galaxy.

Honestly, if your idea of being able to pay something (or claim something) remotely removes all that from the game then I wonder how long you spend queuing in the bank to get your cash so you can drive round to all your utilities to pay them individually in person. After all you wouldn't want to remove that from real life eh????

G

So looks like we're getting a simple bounty broker in 2.2 then. Ie where you can all your bounties less some commission. And these will be at low security systems.

You're welcome FD :)

So looks like we're getting a simple bounty broker in 2.2 then. Ie where you can all your bounties less some commission. And these will be at low security systems.

You're welcome FD :)

It's like I've said before, Neil, I've noticed that FDev do really look through these suggestion lists, and try to implement things that are feasible & add to Quality of Life.

Top Bottom