Patch Notes Update Powerplay Update 1.3.06 - incoming

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Zac Antonaci

Head of Communications
Frontier
Hi all,

Powerplay update 1.3.06 is coming shortly, the servers will go down at 10.30 BST and will be down for up to 30 minutes.

Client change log:

- Prevent crash if we lose network connection while dying
- When a client requests contact with an as-yet-unseen different client, don't crash
- OSX: Fix crash in stellar forge
- OSX: Fix crash in supercruise
- OSX: Fix crash loading nebula textures
- Fix monotonic timer crash
- Fix crash in control bindings activity
- OSX: Fix input memory leaks
- Crash fix for a rarely reported issue ship being docked to a station that is not in a state to provide interfaces
- Fix prospector drone crash
- Promote people when they complete a rank up mission
- Fixes for malformed mission text strings, including minor faction symbols missing hashes
- Tweaks and cleaning up of salvage and smuggle delivery missions
- Fix having 0 shields after an ungraceful exit
- Fix to enable all wake scanners to work in super cruise
- Don't allow ships to score the last hit (or kill-assist) on themselves
- Fixed status labels/icons in expansion and control screens not matching what's going on in the graph
- Add skill for major factions in modify reputation detail
- Added language check when reading the cached powers list
- Fix faction consequence generators for donation missions
- OSX: Fix for pitch/yaw 'jolt' when using mouse input and launching, or returning to flight from another game state
- OSX: Fix for the mouse cursor remaining visible when it should not after OSX 'auto-shows' the dock
- OSX: Fixes for issues with the Apple Magic mouse and MacBook trackpad "scroll wheel"
- Reduced the stalk base alpha, and the radius from the cursor upto which they are drawn.
- reduced the dot, system label and region label sizes. The screen was feeling a bit too cluttered.
- Various text fixes

Server change log:

- The popular SideWinder now has a reduced tech level required to produce it, so fewer shipyards should be left empty across the galaxy
- Activated Powerplay effects to make the appropriate Commodities legal or illegal in markets controlled or exploited by Powers. The System - Authorities have been informed about these changes to their prohibited lists.
- Various reliability improvements for exploration scanning and station services

Balance change log:

- The number of votes assigned to players has been increased
- Requirements for fortify and undermine have been increased by 5 times – this is to encourage more tactical play and we believe this will need increasing further but will review on the next cycle.

Thanks!

- Added language check when reading the cached powers list

Thank you, it was becoming tiresome to play ED in three different languages at once

Fantastic!

Wake scanners working in supercruise!? I just got a wonderful benefit to my already equipped scanner.

Promotions from missions? Fantastic. Now I can use all those built up promotions.

I really hope something can be done about turret accuracy. I'm going 35-40 seconds, and sometimes longer of my turrets not hitting my target at all with them directly in front of me at 500m-1k with them not moving in relation to my ship (matched speed and vector). It's excessively irritating. Are there any plans to tweak this? Other than that excessively recurring problem turrets are in decent shape.

>Fix to enable all wake scanners to work in super cruise
After only 6 months! I'm impressed.
So hopefully now player can finally follow his prey if it jumps out.
Only worked in a very short time in one gamma version for me so far.

We salute you!

Edit Advertised in the FAQ @ Frontier main page for E:D all that time ...

Last edited:
This will make the whiners happy... right?... RIGHT?!?...

In all seriousness good fixes. And looks like the ones explorers were complaining about.
Not sure if im happy about the "Rebalance to fortify and undermine" Espacialy since its increased 5 times...Making the game "more tactical" is not a good idea without having a meaningful way to talk to players under your power. right now its like herdng cats... Reddit is the only way to comunicate and even then its a very small minority who do that...

Last edited:
- reduced the dot, system label and region label sizes. The screen was feeling a bit too cluttered. :D

Is the system map issue fixed where you get stuck on a bodies information. End up clicking like mad of everthing until in unfreezes. Also hopefully now when hovering over exploration data icon it does not say "Wings" :eek:

So this means 5 times more grind to fortify/undermine?
Sigh.....

Well...from what I've seen these have already reached several hundered percent (sometimes thousands) all over the place in which means that it is to easy to hit the trigger. In other words, no tactical choice of where to go, instead people have just been doing all of them all the time.

wicked more fixes :)

- The popular SideWinder now has a reduced tech level required to produce it, so fewer shipyards should be left empty across the galaxy

Apparently there where shipyards with no ships to sell... Strange conundrum that... I guess this goes to prove, if you build it they will come :D

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom