Sell (all) bounty transaction at 50% loss. They're spamming up my Transaction list!

I am a bit thick at times :)
But so what? Why shouldn't it?

I was not at all thinking about PowerPlay by the way, so your remarks took me by surprise.
I consider the Bounty Broker proposal to be a general gaming mechanic, independent from PP.

Of course it's a PP problem. Right now, you have to search for and then travel to a far away system to collect the bounty on an Underminer, which involves a bit of leg work. But if you could just zap someone anywhere and collect a reduced bounty, then of course people will be hunting just for Underminers and making a ton of loot per hour. The implications for PP would be severe and it would massively dissuade people from Undermining. That would hamper 99% of the fun of power play.

Collecting a "black market" bounty in the target's home system would just be a slap in the face, but not necessarily unrealistic.

I agree with the general idea of this and there is certainly an economic niche for it, but can never be "independent from PP" as long as bounties are issued for undermining. Therefore if it is implemented it should be balanced with the PP mechanic and the rewards for Undermining should be concurrently increased to cover bounty risks. Essentially these are hostile targets and shouldn't really be incurring a normal bounty anyway, but rather should be altering your reputation with that minor faction or power.

Of course it's a PP problem. Right now, you have to search for and then travel to a far away system to collect the bounty on an Underminer, which involves a bit of leg work. But if you could just zap someone anywhere and collect a reduced bounty, then of course people will be hunting just for Underminers and making a ton of loot per hour. The implications for PP would be severe and it would massively dissuade people from Undermining. That would hamper 99% of the fun of power play.

This is a part of PP I have not yet experienced myself I think and that is why I have trouble understanding what is involved here.
So you kill a saboteur in one of your home systems and you get creds for it? Not merits?
Don't you just collect these credits in the system you are in?

I have been active in enemy systems as a saboteur myself and only got merits for it I believe (15 per kill). I never got bounty money I could collect.

But in general... are the PP mechanics not completely separated from the normal game mechanics?

Last edited:
Very few posts in this thread are failing to consider an extremely important aspect of video games - the realization of space/distance. We have to sell those bounties before leaving/travel to sell those bounties because that step/trip is basically a balancing aspect to the free money the KWS throws at us.
Convenience will absolutely kill a good game. I cannot stress this enough. This is why I feel a more organized transaction list/ability to forfeit bounties is a far superior suggestion to something like a bounty broker.

I'm going to post here exactly what I posted in the other three page thread about this same topic.
Very few posts in this thread are failing to consider an extremely important aspect of video games - the realization of space/distance. We have to sell those bounties before leaving/travel to sell those bounties because that step/trip is basically a balancing aspect to the free money the KWS throws at us.
Convenience will absolutely kill a good game. I cannot stress this enough. This is why I feel a more organized transaction list/ability to forfeit bounties is a far superior suggestion to something like a bounty broker.
I see no reason why you had to make a duplicate thread.

We have to sell those bounties before leaving/travel to sell those bounties because that step/trip is basically a balancing aspect to the free money the KWS throws at us.

Ive had bounties in the past that I didn't cash in at the time as i knew i would be returning at some point during play but on returning to the system I got them the faction no-longer had a base
as there is no search faction option on the galmap it was impossible to find a system the faction was still active in.

What would fix it is 1 or all of the below
1) Search faction
2) Nearest base Marker on galmap
3) Discard/forfeit claim
4) Sell bounties to any major faction for %

Last edited:
Ive had bounties in the past that I didn't cash in at the time as i knew i would be returning at some point during play but on returning to the system I got them the faction no-longer had a base
as there is no search faction option on the galmap it was impossible to find a system the faction was still active in.

What would fix it is 1 or all of the below
1) Search faction
2) Nearest base Marker on galmap
3) Discard/forfeit claim
4) Sell bounties to any major faction for %
I'm pretty sure you can search for minor factions and stations from the search bar in the navigation tab of the galmap. I might be misremembering though. At any rate, I've yet to come across a claim that didn't have the system name in the faction's name.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure you can search for minor factions and stations from the search bar in the navigation tab of the galmap. I might be misremembering though. At any rate, I've yet to come across a claim that didn't have the system name in the faction's name.

It has improved a lot and TBH I have not come across any without the system name for quite a while.
one of the earliest ones I had problems finding was "PURPLE FORTUNE INCORPORATED" then and now searching on the map never gave results.

This site can sometimes be handy for finding some minor factions List of minor factions

That's a fair point, BUT, you are of course assuming other players wish to jump through these hoops?

If you (& others) wish to organise your bounties and go and personally collect them for the full 100% value, that's fine. However, what problem does it cause you if I do not want to spend my time in the game doing that, and I'm willing to take say a 50% hit for doing so?

This is why I feel a more organized transaction list/ability to forfeit bounties is a far superior suggestion to something like a bounty broker.
Personally, I think both are good enhancements.

But clearly something needs to be done as a means to removing entries easily. Surely we all agree having to suicide is not good design to simply clear up a list?

That's a fair point, BUT, you are of course assuming other players wish to jump through these hoops?

If you (& others) wish to organise your bounties and go and personally collect them for the full 100% value, that's fine. However, what problem does it cause you if I do not want to spend my time in the game doing that, and I'm willing to take say a 50% hit for doing so?
This isn't about me. I don't want to pay my ship insurance. I have to anyway. I don't want to have to run to XYZ to turn in my bounties. I have to anyway. The same rules should apply to me as they do to you. I don't really see your point. I have the capacity to see beyond me and my wants and desires and argue what would be beneficial and not beneficial for the game. Suggestions that would destroy vital aspects such as the realization of space/distance are not good suggestions.

Personally, I think both are good enhancements.

But clearly something needs to be done as a means to removing entries easily. Surely we all agree having to suicide is not good design to simply clear up a list?
You are absolutely right. We should absolutely have the ability to forfeit bounties, instead of solving the problem with suicide. This suggestion doesn't have nearly as much of a negative impact as something like a bounty broker.

This isn't about me.
Yes it absolutely is... :)

See the following two quotes/answers?

I don't want to pay my ship insurance.
Yes you do.

I don't want to have to run to XYZ to turn in my bounties. I have to anyway.
...and NO you don't. (See the difference?)

Infact, many players are NOT, hence the build up of bounties in peoples Transactions, and even some resorting to suicide to clear them. So without doubt, some players do NOT want to fly X hundred LYs for some bounties (eg: 20,000CR), and they certainly do NOT have to.

Now, whether the answer to this is simply:-
- DELETE this bounty from list...
- DONATE this bounty to a local Faction....
- SELL this bounty to a local broker for 50% of its value...

...is clearly debatable :)

I personally like the idea of going to a black market and selling them for 50% (or there abouts) :)

If this later leads to another occupation as someone cleverly suggested of CMDRs going to stations, looking at the bounties sold there and buying them back (say at 60% value) to personally go to the system and cash them in, great! ie: Twenty CMDRs may have sold their bounties for the remote DirkaDirka system, which now amount to 1mCR! Now that probably is something worth flying there for :)

Last edited:
:)
...and NO you don't. (See the difference?)

Infact, many players are NOT, hence the build up of bounties in peoples Transactions, and even some resorting to suicide to clear them. So without doubt, some players do NOT want to fly X hundred LYs for some bounties (eg: 20,000CR), and they certainly do NOT have to.

Yes, I do. Yes you do too. If you want to turn in your bounties, you have to fly to XYZ. If I want my ship back, I have to pay insurance. (See the difference? Oh wait, there is none.)
This isn't about me or you. This is about what is good for the world and what is good for the game. What you suggest about giving players to ability to affect each other's game through courier missions is pretty neat to be honest, and I'd love to see it applied in a way that doesn't diminish the realization of space/distance. This is not good for the game or the world.

Yes, I do. Yes you do too. If you want to turn in your bounties, you have to fly to XYZ. If I want my ship back, I have to pay insurance. (See the difference? Oh wait, there is none.)

Sorry, not wishing to play word games, but your analogy is a flawed one IMHO:-

This isn't about me. I don't want to pay my ship insurance. I have to anyway. I don't want to have to run to XYZ to turn in my bounties. I have to anyway.

You have no choice really but to pay your insurance, if you wish to play the game (& get your ship/previous save state back). This is a given for most players, they will of course do this.

However, with spurious, remote, small bounties, there is no impoteous at all to fly X hundred light years to cash them in, in reality just to simply clear them out of your Transactions. Players (IMHO) will not do this. It's clear some players are even willing to suicide rather than doing this :)

I'm sure you're not suggesting players have to "live" with this never ending growing list of spurious bounties for ever in their Transaction list, and given some players will NOT want to go to the effort of flying 350LY for 534CR, there must be a way of removing such (unwanted) entries from a players list.

You clearly do not like my black market broker taking bounties at a 50% cost, so the alternative surely then is a "Remove" or "Delete" option simply to throw it away? Which is fine... That's FDs choice :)

But clearly either a DELETE or something akin to the 50% bounty broker are the only real solutions surely? We cannot force players to visit remote systems just to tidy up their Transactions (or suicide).

Last edited:
Sorry, not wishing to play word games, but your analogy is a flawed one IMHO:-

You have no choice really but to pay your insurance, if you wish to play the game (& get your ship/previous save state back). This is a given for most players, they will of course do this.

However, with spurious, remote, small bounties, there is no impoteous at all to fly X hundred light years to cash them in, in reality just to simply clear them out of your Transactions. Players (IMHO) will not do this. It's clear some players are even willing to suicide rather than doing this :)

I'm sure you're not suggesting players have to "live" with this never ending growing list of spurious bounties for ever in their Transaction list, and given some players will NOT want to go to the effort of flying 350LY for 534CR, there must be a way of removing such (unwanted) entries from a players list.

You clearly do not like my black market broker taking bounties at a 50% cost, so the alternative surely then is a "Remove" or "Delete" option simply to throw it away? Which is fine... That's FDs choice :)

But clearly either a DELETE or something akin to the 50% bounty broker are the only real solutions surely? We cannot force players to visit remote systems just to tidy up their Transactions (or suicide).
You are absolutely right, as many others before you have suggested - a delete or forfeit would be great. This addresses the problem without diminishing the value of space/distance.
But nobody has to pay insurance if they don't want to keep their ship. Just like nobody has to go to xyz if they don't want to cash their bounties. The analogy is pretty direct. Sure the value is different, but it's quite relative.

@NeilF
Could you edit the Op and add a list of suggestions made in the thread, then possibly pm someone from the QA Team to have a look at this and pass it on.

There have been many threads about minor factions and lingering bounties and I have never seen any devs or support teams acknowledge this issue at all

I did post a bug ticket a long time ago during pBeta/Beta but it was closed telling me to make a thread on the forum (i did but never got any responce)

[Edit] i kinda think this issue will never be resolved just like the micro-stutters

Last edited:
buy yourself a hauler, strip everything non-essential off and change out the remaining modules to class D, now you have a taxi, collect bounties...

buy yourself a hauler, strip everything non-essential off and change out the remaining modules to class D, now you have a taxi, collect bounties...

I'd collect them in my cobra but its not always possible to find the location of some minor factions

@NeilF
Could you edit the Op and add a list of suggestions made in the thread, then possibly pm someone from the QA Team to have a look at this and pass it on.

There have been many threads about minor factions and lingering bounties and I have never seen any devs or support teams acknowledge this issue at all

I did post a bug ticket a long time ago during pBeta/Beta but it was closed telling me to make a thread on the forum (i did but never got any responce)

[Edit] i kinda think this issue will never be resolved just like the micro-stutters

Done - Any better? Did I miss anything?

ps: I didn't mention re-organising the Transactions tab as I'm not aware of any specific suggestions?

edited OP looks good. just need FD to realise there is an issue with minor faction bounties now that is causing a lot of suicides

Last edited:
Top Bottom