Patch Notes Update Powerplay Update 1.3.06 - incoming

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I think so, but it's 3480, not 3840. :)

However, I think the actual figure we need for rating 5 maintenance is the second figure of 3640 merits, as I suspect only three degrees of halved contributions (plus the full last contribution) count, instead of four plus the full last contribution. Then again, the manual is ambiguous and can be interpreted either way.

I noticed my errors and corrected the original :)

So in any given week, you have a degraded set of merits coming forwards, and then what you earn on top of that will dictate your benefits at the end of the NEXT week!

Mine seems stuck on 4079 today, and I've jumped through several 10s of systems that are entirely new to me, and most still without a 'discovered by'.

Just did a soft (didn't exit client) relog and it's still showing 4079. A hard relog hasn't changed it either.
And now I'm back in civilisation I've sold one system, soft-relogged, and it's still only showing 4079.

My amount earned from exploration has gone up though. The level 2/3 scan counts haven't changed though.

Last edited:
- Requirements for fortify and undermine have been increased by 5 times – this is to encourage more tactical play and we believe this will need increasing further but will review on the next cycle.
Increasing it further would probably be a bad idea IMHO. The reason Undermining is so over-subscribed is that it pays WAY better than anything else (15 merits per kill). That in turn forces the other side to Fortify everything that's Undermined. Fix the severly unbalanced merit rewards, and you may not need to increase Undermining requirements. I'd personally suggest increasing the merit rewards for some of the other activities, rather than reducing the Undermining rewards.

You'll be able to tell you've reached the "right" Undermining/Fortify requirements, when Fortification barely achieves 100% coverage. At that point you should fix the merit imbalance, until Undermining drops to about the same level as Fortification.

Last edited:
That's not a new station I came across one pre 1.3. I had a similar reaction though, there is something quite ominous about them.

I noticed my errors and corrected the original :)

So in any given week, you have a degraded set of merits coming forwards, and then what you earn on top of that will dictate your benefits at the end of the NEXT week!

I think so.

Basically at cycle rollover, your New Running Total (going into the next cycle) consists of all the merits you earned in the last cycle, plus a serially halved proportion of the previous three (or is it four?) cycles before that. The rank you have at the start of the next cycle seems to be based on your Old Running Total of merits you achieved at the end of the last cycle, before rollover and therefore before decay.

Benefits is another issue, though. I would have expected the service benefits to be granted at the start of the next cycle along with your rank if your Old Running Total broke through the required ranking target before cycle rollover (at which point merit decay would take hold), i.e. the New Running Total need not necessarily be above the required ranking target to start off with. As long as the final Running Total at the end of the current cycle does break through the ranking target again, then you get paid the salary for that target.

But what if you don't make the target? I suspect that you would get paid the salary of the rank below once the present cycle ends, then after rollover your ranking would go down to that appropriate level, together with the privileges and restrictions of that rank, for the next cycle, and the merit decay and subsequent process of reaching a target begins anew.

Last edited:
I think so.

Basically at cycle rollover, your New Running Total (going into the next cycle) consists of all the merits you earned in the last cycle, plus a serially halved proportion of the previous three (or is it four?) cycles before that. The rank you have at the start of the next cycle seems to be based on your Old Running Total of merits you achieved at the end of the last cycle, before rollover and therefore before decay.

Benefits is another issue, though. I would have expected the service benefits to be granted at the start of the next cycle along with your rank if your Old Running Total broke through the required ranking target before cycle rollover (at which point merit decay would take hold), i.e. the New Running Total need not necessarily be above the required ranking target to start off with. As long as the final Running Total at the end of the current cycle does break through the ranking target again, then you get paid the salary for that target.

But what if you don't make the target? I suspect that you would get paid the salary of the rank below once the present cycle ends, then after rollover your ranking would go down to that appropriate level, together with the privileges and restrictions of that rank, for the next cycle, and the merit decay and subsequent process of reaching a target begins anew.

Of course such diagrams show the stupidity of the system.

Do wk1 5000 merits, wk2 5000 merits, you get 50mCR wk3.

Do 5000 merits over every month forever... you won't ever get 50mCR...

Last edited:
Hi all,

Powerplay update 1.3.06 is coming shortly, the servers will go down at 10.30 BST and will be down for up to 30 minutes.

Client change log:

- Prevent crash if we lose network connection while dying
- When a client requests contact with an as-yet-unseen different client, don't crash
- OSX: Fix crash in stellar forge
- OSX: Fix crash in supercruise
- OSX: Fix crash loading nebula textures
- Fix monotonic timer crash
- Fix crash in control bindings activity
- OSX: Fix input memory leaks
- Crash fix for a rarely reported issue ship being docked to a station that is not in a state to provide interfaces
- Fix prospector drone crash
- Promote people when they complete a rank up mission
- Fixes for malformed mission text strings, including minor faction symbols missing hashes
- Tweaks and cleaning up of salvage and smuggle delivery missions
- Fix having 0 shields after an ungraceful exit
- Fix to enable all wake scanners to work in super cruise
- Don't allow ships to score the last hit (or kill-assist) on themselves
- Fixed status labels/icons in expansion and control screens not matching what's going on in the graph
- Add skill for major factions in modify reputation detail
- Added language check when reading the cached powers list
- Fix faction consequence generators for donation missions
- OSX: Fix for pitch/yaw 'jolt' when using mouse input and launching, or returning to flight from another game state
- OSX: Fix for the mouse cursor remaining visible when it should not after OSX 'auto-shows' the dock
- OSX: Fixes for issues with the Apple Magic mouse and MacBook trackpad "scroll wheel"
- Reduced the stalk base alpha, and the radius from the cursor upto which they are drawn.
- reduced the dot, system label and region label sizes. The screen was feeling a bit too cluttered.
- Various text fixes

Server change log:

- The popular SideWinder now has a reduced tech level required to produce it, so fewer shipyards should be left empty across the galaxy
- Activated Powerplay effects to make the appropriate Commodities legal or illegal in markets controlled or exploited by Powers. The System - Authorities have been informed about these changes to their prohibited lists.
- Various reliability improvements for exploration scanning and station services

Balance change log:

- The number of votes assigned to players has been increased
- Requirements for fortify and undermine have been increased by 5 times – this is to encourage more tactical play and we believe this will need increasing further but will review on the next cycle.

Thanks!

Upon trying to bind keys the game crashed again and after i made my binds file read only even then it continues to crash.. so my only workaround is broken too

GJ

Correction: My own binds file still works with read only, custom.binds still crashes like before the patch.

Last edited:
I think so, but it's 3480, not 3840. :)

However, I think the actual figure we need for rating 5 maintenance is the second figure of 3640 merits, as I suspect only three degrees of halved contributions (plus the full last contribution) count, instead of four plus the full last contribution. Then again, the manual is ambiguous and can be interpreted either way.

Sorry, I should correct that last part again, as I completely misread the manual description of three distinct levels of merit halving, plus the fourth level of the previous week's full merit contributions. Therefore the first table, and the figure of 3480, is probably the correct one.

Sorry!

four and full.PNG

So rank missions rewards now work. How about those who just weren't seeing any ascension missions coming up at all?

Take it permits are still not being rewarded by independent factions? Sirius, Jotun, Isinor etc

So, as yet, no fix for things like 'Report crimes against me' and 'Orbit lines' state not being saved.
Same with Galaxy map choices. When can we have our preferences saved here please ??? Sick having to change the map view and switching to 'Fastest route' every single time the game is loaded.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom