Patch Notes Update Powerplay Update 1.3.06 - incoming

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Took a Imperial Rank mission. For the third time, I did not receive a promotion. This was supposed to be fixed, correct? Am I missing something or do I have to do a series of rank missions to get the rank promotion...

belay that. Seems I did get the promotion. Just took a while for it to show up. Went to Fed space and go the ranking immediately.

Last edited:
The stuttering i have been experiencing since the first 1.3 patch seems to have gotten even worse. It's almost unplayable for me and i have a high end system...

Last edited:
It's really simple,

go to:

"C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Player folder"
Delete the "player" folder and voila. Start the game change the settings, restart the game and it works.

Edit: I think it's the ".misc", but i've deleted the whole folder. The game will remake it on startup.

Just tried it and it worked, many thanks.

It's really simple,

go to:

"C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Player folder"
Delete the "player" folder and voila. Start the game change the settings, restart the game and it works.

Edit: I think it's the ".misc", but i've deleted the whole folder. The game will remake it on startup.

No way! This is something people are complaining about all over the place. And there's a simple fix? Have some rep.

Animator-Jonny

Frontier Animator
Frontier
Upon trying to bind keys the game crashed again and after i made my binds file read only even then it continues to crash.. so my only workaround is broken too

GJ

Correction: My own binds file still works with read only, custom.binds still crashes like before the patch.

Hey MarcusKross!

Have you copied your previous custom.binds from v1.3.05 file and changed the 1.3.06 custom.binds file? Also is this on a PC or a Mac?

Note - If you come across anything you believe could be a potential bug please post it on our Bug Reporting Discussions section. Look forward to seeing you there. :)

Animator-Jonny

Frontier Animator
Frontier
Wake scanner still not working!!! It can be deployed in sc yes, but cannot scan because it says: "out of range"!

Hey eroro85, I have passed this information across for further investigation. Can I ask which Wake Scanner you had equipped and the ship this was happening in?

Private message me your answer if you don't mind eroro85? :)

Note - If you come across anything you believe could be a potential bug please post it on our Bug Reporting Discussions section.

rank progression has been fixed for me...went from serf to squire in under an hour, thx FD. I still get inderdicted a lot in my power's home system though.

Rank progression mission worked fine this time. One mission description had garbled text (strings and variables if I'm not mistaken) about the promotion that would result following a successful assassination mission.

The other issue that arose was commodities pricing. A trade route near Cubeo involving Palladium only netted 42 credits profit per ton, which is a bit galling when I got 2,400 per ton before the latest update. Is this by design or error?

It's really simple,

go to:

Bah, didn't work. Deleted the file, start ED, selected fastest routes, quit ED, started ED, economical routes selected :-(

Bah, didn't work. Deleted the file, start ED, selected fastest routes, quit ED, started ED, economical routes selected :-(

Delete the whole folder. I had the same problem. Seems fixed now.
In mine there was also a custom.misc file (as well as the .misc file) and the StartPreset.start file referenced that.
I suspect they were causing the .misc not to be read correctly.
Anyway I deleted the whole lot and after restarting only .misc and StartPreset.start were re-created.
Have quit and restarted the game several times and the settings (in my case to use 'fastest') were correctly maintained throughout.
Maybe the Custom.misc was corrected during one of the betas I have been part of.

Last edited:
In mine there was also a custom.misc file (as well as the .misc file) and the StartPreset.start file referenced that.
Anyway I deleted the whole lot and after restarting only .misc and StartPreset.start were re-created.
Have quit and restarted the game several times and the settings (in my case to use 'fastest') were correctly maintained throughout.
Maybe the Custom.misc was corrected during one of the betas I have been part of.

I saw those too and renamed them, leaving ".misc" unchanged. Worked well. It looks like "custom.misc" had less data in it, maybe from an older version?

Oh, and thanks FD, looks like a solid patch.

Last edited:

Bingo, Yes! And it remembers my star filter selection. Thankyou. Have some more rep.

Still no map options saved, still waiting for ages at "STAND BY" and opening maps, but I could get some ranks :)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom