News ANNOUNCING ELITE DANGEROUS: HORIZONS

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
oh man... so happy with this!

Now, they just need to announce that we get to start Beta testing this later today. :D

First Horizons Grand Prix INCOMING! Dune buggy racing around a rocky planet. Finally - rocky planets get some love. Forget those water worlds and nasty earthlikes - Rocky Planets are where it's at.

Must get saving up for a steering wheel and some pedals ;-)

Just imagine how that will look on an Oculus Rift.

SQUEEEE Overload.

How will the Scarab fit in smaller ships? - seriously!!

Small ships aren't that small in fact. It will definitely fit into a Cobra, maybe not an Eagle or a Courier. Me? I am flying a Python, I could probably ferry around a dozen Scarabs. :D

For reference, ED ship size chart with actual numbers:

DLyuTmo.jpg

Last edited:
planetary landings this year, Q1 2016 PL extended, added crafting, looting...
Now I think star citizen will have very hard time. FD adding content like no tomorrow

Meh... I would have thought that other existing features should have been added / fixed first.

Also - the irony of waiting years for a space sim only to 'SQUUEEEE!' for walking around on the ground...I don't get it...

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
I am also really excited for this. I'm wondering whether I should even head back to civilised space to pick up the Cobra Mark IV before heading off exploring some moons, or to stay out in the void...

Decisions, decisions

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
First Horizons Grand Prix INCOMING! Dune buggy racing around a rocky planet. Finally - rocky planets get some love. Forget those water worlds and nasty earthlikes - Rocky Planets are where it's at.

Must get saving up for a steering wheel and some pedals ;-)

Just imagine how that will look on an Oculus Rift.

SQUEEEE Overload.

Disused race-tracks on abandoned planetoids - yes please!!

"But the thing to remember is this is not just one thing. When people buy Horizons they buy into the whole of Season 2, the whole set of expansions that you get. The comparison is looking at what we’ve done on the current season - where the game’s come out, we’ve had community goals, we’ve had Wings, we’ve had Power Play, we’ve got CQC coming soon. Each of these have other things in them. They have ships and other goodies. It’s not just the headline."
This worries me. He describes the patches 1.1 (Community Goals), 1.2 (Wings), 1.3 (PowerPlay) and 1.4 (CQC) all as part of the current season. Horizons is supposed to be the next season. From that, it sounds that without buying Horizons*, you won't get any further content updates.

(* I have the Lifetime Expansion Pass, so it wouldn't be a problem for me – but for others.)

No one is forcing you to buy it. But yes it is pricey!
Of course I am not forced, but also I am not able. I already paid 50 for the base game a couple of months ago, and now 50 again? Too much, especially considering the fact that they didn't update the base game as much as they promised. Maybe they will do that for another 50 euro expansion. This company is disappointing me more and more :( .

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom