Elite Badge

Do you want a new Elite Badge

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
countkipper said:
Hi All,
I also became an Elite commander on the Commodore 64 (see badge and C64 with badge photo's) …I still have the C64... alas, it no longer works!… It took me many months of game play to achieve that elusive Elite status, but it was worth the effort, as it was such an original and ground breaking game during those early days of the computer revolution.

I have been playing Elite Dangerous for the past nine months... and am well on the way to becoming combat elite, however, my ultimate aim is to become triple elite, I guess that going to take quite some time!

Regards
CMDR Count Kipper

We haven't had any new badge holding commanders in ages and then two come along, and one is a Firebird/Commodore64 badge!

Welcome Count Kipper... I still have my Commodore 64 too and mine still works :)

Elite13.jpg

Last edited:
badges.png
One is the badge and the other is the other is the pendant about twice the size.
I never did buy the earlier ones. But I proudly wear these two on my cap that I wear both out and indoors when I need my track IR with the reflector clip on.

Last edited:
View attachment 62394
One is the badge and the other is the other is the pendant about twice the size.
I never did buy the earlier ones. But I proudly wear these two on my cap that I wear both out and indoors when I need my track IR with the reflector clip on.

Buy??!!! You had to earn it, you couldn't buy them like the current badges. Only those privileged enough to become an Elite status pilot, could request a badge with the code proof of Elite status. If you were lucky enough, you were awarded the badge. The 13 of us (thus far) are truly Elite pilots. We earned it, and the badge proves it.

I proudly wear these two on my cap that I wear both out and indoors when I need my track IR with the reflector clip on.

I wore my badge for years (it was a bit of an '80's thing), hence why it's in less than perfect condition. Never seen another before this thread. Has anyone recognised their significance when you're wearing them?

Buy??!!! You had to earn it, you couldn't buy them like the current badges. Only those privileged enough to become an Elite status pilot, could request a badge with the code proof of Elite status. If you were lucky enough, you were awarded the badge. The 13 of us (thus far) are truly Elite pilots. We earned it, and the badge proves it.

Oh dear I am so sorry I did not realise that the wow elite jerks had infiltrated this game. so silly of me.
So others here who have shown the cap badge that is purchased from the shop are really bad people. I shall leave you to your childish elitism.
Perhaps the thread should have been titled Earned elite badges then poor souls like me wouldn't make such gouche errors.
Well in trading I am 23% into tycoon-Elite and combat 11% dangerous-deadly so hopefully by the new year I shall be elite in at least one of the groups then I can truly be an equally loud mouth shouty person.

Last edited:
  • Like (+1)
Reactions: Bam

Would you like a little more ego with that elitism? ;)

What about the potentially thousands of other players who hit Elite but couldn't give a flying squirrel fart about a badge... not truly Elite eh?

Last edited:
FD should re-introduce the old badges in the FD store. Since all our stats are in Frontier servers it should be trivially easy for them to allow only people who have gotten Elite status to buy the special ones, and figuring out how many they need to order from their manufacturer for any given month should be fairly simple too.

FD should re-introduce the old badges in the FD store. Since all our stats are in Frontier servers it should be trivially easy for them to allow only people who have gotten Elite status to buy the special ones, and figuring out how many they need to order from their manufacturer for any given month should be fairly simple too.

Like a gold Blue-peter badge. make the same elite tie pin badge but gold looking and you must have elite standing in the game for the order to go through. LIKE it. Think I will probably be able to order mine some time during 2020 ;)

Oh dear I am so sorry I did not realise that the wow elite jerks had infiltrated this game. so silly of me.
So others here who have shown the cap badge that is purchased from the shop are really bad people. I shall leave you to your childish elitism.
Perhaps the thread should have been titled Earned elite badges then poor souls like me wouldn't make such gouche errors.
Well in trading I am 23% into tycoon-Elite and combat 11% dangerous-deadly so hopefully by the new year I shall be elite in at least one of the groups then I can truly be an equally loud mouth shouty person.

Debic, you will have to forgive my dear friend loudscotsbloke, don't confuse our pride in our original badges with being jerks, as he has said himself beer and being a loud scots bloke has a lot to do with it :). Your pride in wearing your Elite Dangerous badges is not in anyway undermined by our pride in having been awarded our badges.

Fair play folks. I apologise and consider myself slapped. Must not reply to posts late at night after much beer.

The 'buy' word in Debic's original post did make me twitch uncontrollably for a few moments too, but I had consumed one less beer than you and resisted the reply button :)

Debic, you will have to forgive my dear friend loudscotsbloke, don't confuse our pride in our original badges with being jerks, as he has said himself beer and being a loud scots bloke has a lot to do with it :). Your pride in wearing your Elite Dangerous badges is not in anyway undermined by our pride in having been awarded our badges.

The 'buy' word in Debic's original post did make me twitch uncontrollably for a few moments too, but I had consumed one less beer than you and resisted the reply button :)

Okay loudscotsbloke is forgiven, apology gratefully accepted and removed from my ignore list.

I was playing Elite in the 80's, although never made it to that hallowed status, as I was bringing up a young family at the time and working all gods hours to build and expand my own business and organising the guys in my transport organisation.

I too would like to see a badge available in ED that, even if you did have to purchase it, could only be obtained by those who have once held Elite rank in ED. It would be nice also to see a triple Elite badge issued for those who managed the three groups, although that has been slightly spoilt by the CQC arcade group that has been added to make a four grouping.

Perhaps when I reach Elite status I can repost my purchased badge, so you can add it to your wall of fame with name, unless they do introduce a qualifying Elite badge in the meantime which I would most definitely purchase if necessary, as it adds to the coffers of ED and helps further game development.:)

Sure, let's encourage elitism... that's always worked out well. :/

For the have nots, there are those that applaud those that do, but there will always be some that want to belittle the achievement.

Elitism stems from the attitude of the latter I feel.

For the have nots, there are those that applaud those that do, but there will always be some that want to belittle the achievement.

Elitism stems from the attitude of the latter I feel.

Elitism is so ingrained into our society that this attitude applies to every day life; wealthy people largely believe they are better than everyone else for their success; we even have a word to describe very wealthy and influential people, yep the "elite."

Elitism stems from humanity's natural gravitation towards arrogance, and a strong desire to want to be better than everyone else; it's a survival trait from ages long past. When an individual is awarded something for achieving some specific goal, pride begins to override common sense and you ultimately end up with someone who truly believes that they are the bees knees; their attitude shifts to one of superiority. Indeed, it's largely a case of "I have something you do not, I am better than you by default."

It doesn't matter if people belittle an achievement or not; whether you give them a free badge, or give them "first discovered" tags, it can all lead down a road to elitism and it all eventually will. It is inevitable, Mr Anderson.

Imho, if you want a badge - you can pay for it off the store and for no other reason than because you want one and were willing to part with some of your pay-cheque and mostly certainly not for achieving a rank that, if we're honest, isn't all that difficult to achieve.

Last edited:
Elitism is so ingrained into our society that this attitude applies to every day life; wealthy people largely believe they are better than everyone else for their success; we even have a word to describe very wealthy and influential people, yep the "elite."

Elitism stems from humanity's natural gravitation towards arrogance, and a strong desire to want to be better than everyone else; it's a survival trait from ages long past. When an individual is awarded something for achieving some specific goal, pride begins to override common sense and you ultimately end up with someone who truly believes that they are the bees knees; their attitude shifts to one of superiority. Indeed, it's largely a case of "I have something you do not, I am better than you by default."

It doesn't matter if people belittle an achievement or not; whether you give them a free badge, or give them "first discovered" tags, it can all lead down a road to elitism and it all eventually will. It is inevitable, Mr Anderson.

Imho, if you want a badge - you can pay for it off the store and for no other reason than because you want one and were willing to part with some of your pay-cheque and mostly certainly not for achieving a rank that, if we're honest, isn't all that difficult to achieve.

I think you managed to demonstrate my point there quite well, thank you OamodSias ;)

mho, if you want a badge - you can pay for it off the store and for no other reason than because you want one and were willing to part with some of your pay-cheque and mostly certainly not for achieving a rank that, if we're honest, isn't all that difficult to achieve.

Frankly, achieving "Elite" rank in the 80's era games was a considerably more difficult prospect than is presented in ED... they earned it.

ED is like Muppet Babies in comparison.

Top Bottom