[LIST] HORIZONS' WONDERS

Landed on HD 148937 3 with an Asp, someone on Reddit landed there with an Anaconda. A5 shields and A5 thrusters in Asp, levelled off about 3km up and feathered FA off and on, thrusting up occasionally, no need to point up and use main thrusters. Thanks for finding it!

Last edited:
New submission, discovered by CMDR bobmich and reported in this reddit post and this followup post:

LFT 65 2 A - "The Impossible Planet", a landable moon embedded in a planetary ring.

Video 1:

[video=youtube;uowsH3Qu-b0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uowsH3Qu-b0[/video]

Video 2:

[video=youtube;qC3nYtbCSR4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC3nYtbCSR4[/video]

grnbrg.

Seen a couple of threads about it a few days ago on our forums, decided not to put it as a Wonder. Now I thought why not ? :D
It is all part of the history ED, and how it is evolving, thanks for the headsup :)

Here you go Dognosh :)

View attachment 87824

Although I wish I'd read that post about never being able to leave first! Nah - I'd a still gone. I'll let you know how leaving goes when I try it! Want to try the SRV first.

Heisenberg

EDIT

Landing: Bumpy, I think I got lucky with some flat ground but not as bad as I'd expected. I'm flying a light ship though. Thrusted down from high and dropped like a stone (don't thrust down). Got to a few meters above the ground and (very briefly) switch FA off. Hit and bounced but only shield damage. Couple of goes later I landed.

SRV: Sticks to the ground like an F1 car, you can use thrust but you just bump back down almost instantly. Didn't go far, didn't want to risk autopilot.

Leaving: All seemed very easy at first, up thrust just got me high enough off the ground to point upwards and use the main thrusters. Cleared Mass Locked easy enough.

Then I hit my SC drive. It started going into SC but I had to align with escape vector - nowt new there. Then it said "throttle up to engage" - I am throttled up but it sometimes sticks on my old joystick so mess with the throttle - nothing. Speed seems to be declining as well (maybe me messing with the throttle) suddenly I'm in heat damage. PANIC, using my tried and trusted method of randomly stabbing at things I hit boost. FSD engaged and I'm in SC - ship still taking damage but cooling fast.

Made it on and off - didn't have a detail scanner so it didn't show me the G of the planet so I'm going off the previously posted G levels.

Ship: Viper Mark IV
Loadout: A rated FSD, D rated everything else. No cargo but with SRV.

Just did it myself too, in ASP A rated.

Approching

Surface scanning

Descent rather nervous (check G above 3,86Mm :p)

Spot chosen

Hull is sufferinf and doing noise

Cockpit show 9,77G @2km above surface, high descent rate with +18° direction & permanent boosts

Landed i repeat landed

Carefull SRV driving on flat terrain only

View of the nice star

Hard to take off, boost needed, unable to launch FSD below 25km because not enough speed, 2 heatsink burned trying to engage FSD

I'd like to submit my peanut crater for Horizon's Wonders if I may.

HIP 16650 3 C

Screenshot_1219.jpgScreenshot_1220.jpg

Oops just noticed my entry is already included, dognosh you are a quick eyed Commander.

Last edited:
I'm struggling to find the deep canyon at Ariel.

I've gone to Lat 140.5 / Lon -5.5 (taking into account the lat/long switch in beta 6) but I can't find the canyon.

I could, of course, be completely lost!

Any advice on how to find this would be much appreciated.

Edit: nm - found it :)

Last edited:
I'm struggling to find the deep canyon at Ariel.

I've gone to Lat 140.5 / Lon -5.5 (taking into account the lat/long switch in beta 6) but I can't find the canyon.

I could, of course, be completely lost!

Any advice on how to find this would be much appreciated.

Edit: nm - found it :)
Try switching lat and long, as FD switched them around in late beta. I would love to know if that is the case :)

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Or what I meant was which way have you tried it ? And did you switch and try again ?

Last edited:
Possible point of interest due to proximity: HIP 14769 (B 3)

A carbon star with some landable planets orbiting a close binary companion star.

My notes are sketchy, but I might have found Cadmium and Yttrium there. But I definitely found a big rock next to a crater:

Screenshot_0000.jpg

Last edited:
Would like to submit this...

View attachment 89323

The moon of the first planet out from the star in Swoilz HE-U C5-5, around 350-ish ly from the bubble. Full location and co-ordinates in the last shot.

The view from the bottom of those craters is, well...

Screenshot_0059.pngScreenshot_0062.png

I'm not sure if they aren't deep enough to be called caves, really...

Last edited:
Fristly, i am away for a few more days so I'll get to these later, but 2ndly and more importanly, the whole point of this thread is to create pilgrimage POIs for explorers. If they don't qualify as wonders, they can still go in to a table as worthy mention.

Tables tidied up !

Would like to submit this...

View attachment 89323

The moon of the first planet out from the star in Swoilz HE-U C5-5, around 350-ish ly from the bubble. Full location and co-ordinates in the last shot.

The view from the bottom of those craters is, well...

View attachment 89332View attachment 89325

I'm not sure if they aren't deep enough to be called caves, really...

hi, you name one system and screenshot is of another, can you clarify where the first 2 shots are ? :)

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Possible point of interest due to proximity: HIP 14769 (B 3)

A carbon star with some landable planets orbiting a close binary companion star.

My notes are sketchy, but I might have found Cadmium and Yttrium there. But I definitely found a big rock next to a crater:

We see many like this, and I would like to keep the list for very rare stuff :)
That rock looks unique though(and it is,think about it) :D
+1 rep for posting

Last edited:
Top Bottom