[LIST] HORIZONS' WONDERS

Flyooe Hypue UN-A D1-27 A 1 — very large ice planet (15.2261 Earth masses, 18004 km radius, 1.91 G at surface) around an A class star. Very large deep craters with heavy mist there. Kinda shows what the landings on the atmospheric planets will look like.
2015-12-26_00001.jpg2015-12-26_00002.jpg2015-12-26_00016.jpg2015-12-26_00020.jpg
More screenshots here.

Not sure if this counts for much but: 11-9 km in depth, many many many km across - Synuefe DK-A C16-3 1 highmetal content potato world, about 350 km around total.

zg2gGA3.png

IXE3vsW.png

fq7v6h6.png

I was moving right along trying to reach the bubble so I didn't bother to land

Not wonders but good training for landing:

Zibal system, planet Zibal 5 3.29g
HR 1185 system, planet 4A at 4.19g.

Both the above have lovely ring systems

Well here's an oddball. Is it a wonder I wonder?
A 707K Giant Ice Planet, that's 433 degrees Celsius!
Blasted by two! M class stars.
The primary star a mere 4.6 LS away!
Hot ice? I tried to get in close but started to heat up quickly and the 2.55 G's would be too much for a non shielded Asp.

Unique? not sure, but in all my travels, and I've traveled, I haven't seen anything quite like this, heck does a planet like this even exist?

Screenshot_1330.jpgScreenshot_1326.jpgScreenshot_1331.jpgScreenshot_1332.jpg

Can't claim first dibs on this one.
The second shot, has the second star roasting the back of this "ice" giant!

So is mine?
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=205848

It just bothers me that there are two places for interesting planets in horizons. I Can merge it and keep your title and op

As long as I have editing control over my 1st post and title is kept, yes :)

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Not wonders but good training for landing:

Zibal system, planet Zibal 5 3.29g
HR 1185 system, planet 4A at 4.19g.

Both the above have lovely ring systems

can you give me approximate distance of each from SOL please ? I will add them to their own HIGH G table :)

Well here's an oddball. Is it a wonder I wonder?
A 707K Giant Ice Planet, that's 433 degrees Celsius!
Blasted by two! M class stars.
The primary star a mere 4.6 LS away!
Hot ice? I tried to get in close but started to heat up quickly and the 2.55 G's would be too much for a non shielded Asp.

Unique? not sure, but in all my travels, and I've traveled, I haven't seen anything quite like this, heck does a planet like this even exist?

View attachment 90250View attachment 90251View attachment 90252View attachment 90253

Can't claim first dibs on this one.
The second shot, has the second star roasting the back of this "ice" giant!

will add this :) The first table is the Main Wonders' list, but I want multiple examples of each type to allow pilgrimage of conditions by as many explorers as possible

Not sure if this counts for much but: 11-9 km in depth, many many many km across - Synuefe DK-A C16-3 1 highmetal content potato world, about 350 km around total.

I was moving right along trying to reach the bubble so I didn't bother to land

how high is the lip above the outer surface ? (we have many that are not so high) :)

As long as I have editing control over my 1st post and title is kept, yes :)

can you give me approximate distance of each from SOL please ? I will add them to their own HIGH G table :)

will add this :) The first table is the Main Wonders' list, but I want multiple examples of each type to allow pilgrimage of conditions by as many explorers as possible

how high is the lip above the outer surface ? (we have many that are not so high) :)

I think I'll leave it but do me a favour, reference my thread in yours, and I'll do the same. If any come my way that fit better here, I'll point them to you, and please do the same. I've also stuck this in the forum sticky :)

hi, you name one system and screenshot is of another, can you clarify where the first 2 shots are ? :)

Sorry for the late reply - they're all the same system. The one named in the post should be correct - I must have had the next one targeted when I took the shot...

Feel like a bit of an idiot :)

Last edited:
Sorry for the late reply - they're all the same system. The one named in the post should be correct - I must have had the next one targeted when I took the shot...

Feel like a bit of an idiot :)

Erm , no ! I bet you I have crashed more idiotically than you ? :D

Top Bottom