UAs, Barnacles & More Thread 5 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
It could be the fifth of the seven sisters by brightness, number of stars, number of planets, alphabetically or by mythological age. I can't think of another way of ranking the seven sisters.

Lil wiki quote about Thursday:
The name is derived from Old English Þūnresdæg and Middle English Thuresday (with loss of -n-, first in northern dialects, from influence of Old Norse Þorsdagr) meaning "Thor's Day".[URL="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thursday#cite_note-1"][1][/URL][URL="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thursday#cite_note-2"][2][/URL][URL="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thursday#cite_note-3"][3][/URL] Thunor, Donar (German, Donnerstag) and Thor are derived from the name of the Germanic god of thunder, Thunraz, equivalent to Jupiter in the interpretatio romana.

So might point toward actual Jupiter in Sol (if this message isn't related to barnacles - which might very well be the case)

Or might point towards gas giant of Jupiter type in Pleiades somewhere

Last edited:
I like it.
And '5' could mean 5-stars system, or 5th brightest(hottest) star in Pleiades
And ''Thursday's night'' might be another pointer there - could it be that we need to look at night side? Why ''Thursday'' though? Hmm...

Thank's for thinking about it. Seems you where the only one in thread #4 that has contributes to this nice posting from "VerneAsimov" ...

You mean a hint like the given and published one since a few days (08.01.)? https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=195658&p=3385999#post3385999
That would be great, wouldn't it? ...:D... (dead centre, perfect viewing high:cool:)

Interesting, what system was that log entry get given out? Looking at the Pleiades system names, I got:

• Pleiades Sector PR-5 R2 5-6 (dead centre, perfect viewing height might mean equatorial or polar sites?).

Unfortunately, there is no Pleiades system with that name. So, maybe 'tickets for the game' needs to be interpreted somehow too. Hnnnngggnngngngngg.

Last edited:
@ FIXED POINTS OF INTEREST:

As it has been said, normal PoI show up at a heigth of between 6 down to 1.6 km.
So does that mean that PoI appearing at 13.6 km (as in the picture) are fixed ones?

Could not find any discription of fPoI...

View attachment 93975

I'm still unsure of what the "blue dot" people are talking about is when talking about POIs. If they mean the area that comes up on the radar, it's more purple than blue and it's definitely more than a "dot".

POI Zones vs Persistant POI sites

- POI: Blue zones on your radar, best effect at altitudes 1.5km - 1.8km. Above 2km and higher the Zone may increase in size on your radar.
A POI is Non-persistent. It'll dissapear on reconnect or a session change.
You need to trigger the visibility of a POI on ground by getting close enough, range depending on POI may be 2-3km.

- PPOI: No indicator on Radar. It may be visible from 15km or so depending on your graphic settings.
It's sharable between commanders, altough you may experience a glitch where the site is not spawning.

So I wake up to 10 new pages on this thread and think "wow! maybe someones found one and that's what all the commotions about"
But no, nope, this thread is just getting a whole lot more attention than ever before (and it already got a lot!)

I will be continuing my hunt for clues around the bubble, checking news stories, following up on Palins history etc.
Hopefully I can find something that helps soon!

(also tell me if you find griefers in the Pleiades I have a Vulture parked nearby)

- POI: Blue zones on your radar, best effect at altitudes 1.5km - 1.8km. Above 2km and higher the Zone may increase in size on your radar.
You need to trigger the visibility of a POI on ground by getting close enough, range depending on POI may be 2-3km.

- PPOI: No indicator on Radar. It may be visible from 15km or so depending on your graphic settings.
It's sharable between commanders, altough you may experience a glitch where the site is not spawning.

It's on the OP now. :D

Could you listen for the whale songs? A UA normally alternates between two distinct whale songs. What I'd look for is it starting to only sing one.

I found if you put two UA together they each play one whale song only.

No, I´ll jsut watch them, cause i think the audio is another layer of information, not essential for finding them barnacles. At least I think so atm. Keep it simple.

It could be the fifth of the seven sisters by brightness, number of stars, number of planets, alphabetically or by mythological age. I can't think of another way of ranking the seven sisters.
Star radius, mass or actual, not mythological, age could be other factors.

Thank's for thinking about it. Seems you where the only one in thread #4 that has contributes to this nice posting from "VerneAsimov" ...

If it turns out to be a lead to something interesting we'll have to remember CMDR VerneAsimov's name for historical purposes. That's for sure.
But even bigger first-discoveries could lie buried in these fast moving threadnoughts.

Back to Thursdays and games: If this message is pointing towards Jupiter in Sol, then this whole thing might be related to another even more mysterious alien artefact mentioned by devs. That one was found somwhere in Sol and no one know what happened with it afterwards or what it was.

So wait, if there's no indicator how exactly do you find them?

Also, I've only been searching 2-5km for the purple zones that pop up; I never knew there was any other kind

So wait, if there's no indicator how exactly do you find them?

Also, I've only been searching 2-5km for the purple zones that pop up; I never knew there was any other kind

It says right there, they are visable from 15km, you find them with you eyes (and yes, it really is very hard to spot them)

Hello cmdrs. I'm just about to start another day on surf exploration. I have tea and I have biscuits.

I was just thinking about how to proceed today and I wish to use a more methodic approach.
Is there any topography expert out there who can give some tips? I'm googling for planetary surface mapping methods, just to have an idea where to start from. It's a huge task and we should try to put together some serious effort if we want to win this challenge. I really appreciate the spreadsheet I found in this megathread and also all the theories community is pushing out. But we all know that a task force should be raised. I joined the canonn in the hope that someone is taking the initiative, but till now we are all acting on our own.

If it turns out to be a lead to something interesting we'll have to remember CMDR VerneAsimov's name for historical purposes. That's for sure.
But even bigger first-discoveries could lie buried in these fast moving threadnoughts.

Back to Thursdays and games: If this message is pointing towards Jupiter in Sol, then this whole thing might be related to another even more mysterious alien artefact mentioned by devs. That one was found somwhere in Sol and no one know what happened with it afterwards or what it was.

It was a nice ingame catch from "VerneAsimov". Can also point to a wreck or other target. Don't must be mandatory "UA's,Barnacles & More" related at this time point ... But would be nice ...

I've been looking for such a connection to Maia / Merope.
You mean a hint like the given and published one since a few days (08.01.)? https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=195658&p=3385999#post3385999
That would be great, wouldn't it? ...:D... (dead centre, perfect viewing high:cool:)

Going back to @rizal72 thread, re UA markings. Hm:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=175726&p=2738627&viewfull=1#post2738627

Pleiades Masses:

1 Maia - 13,6
2 Taygeta - 11,6
3 Alcyone - 8,5
4 Merope - 5,24

5 Asterope (2) - 3.5
6 Celaeno - 3,8
7 Electra - 2,6

not in the original Seven Sisters
Atlas - 2,8
Pleione - 4,55

And here are the Pleiades, ordered according to the 7 markings on the UA, using masses:

3 Alcyone
1 Maia
4 Merope
2 Taygeta

6 Celaeno
7 Electra
5 Asterope
attachment.php

Now for the followup
7 'Tauruses' = Seven sisters
4 'something' = 4. system / 4. brighttest system?
a) According to wikipedia, it's Maia.
b) according to Rizals list it's Merope.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=195658&p=3385999&viewfull=1#post3385999
7Hl7i9R.jpg

PR5 = ????
Row2 = Maia B (second row)
Seat 5 and 6 = doesn't fit any position in Maia / Merope does it? It sounds like you're supposed to sit between two bodies and observe.

Hm. No. Making no sense at all.

It says right there, they are visable from 15km, you find them with you eyes (and yes, it really is very hard to spot them)

Finding them by flying is indeed difficult. But (having another test run with the Anaconda) for the wrecks at least, the Cargo lost and dispersed close to the crash site leave a really large/loud signal on your SRVs wave scanner.

Maybe, the Barnacles doe something alike, which would require at least landing in the vicinity of one to detect it via wave scanner.

Jupiter's moon Ganymede has misty canyons in ED apparently. Maybe we are looking for something similar but in the Pleiades? also this picture just to refresh people on how awesome this is in real life lol
pleiades-no-ceu-principais-estrelas.jpg

I've been looking for such a connection to Maia / Merope.

Going back to @rizal72 thread, re UA markings. Hm:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=175726&p=2738627&viewfull=1#post2738627

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=49803&d=1436648616

Now for the followup
7 'Tauruses' = Seven sisters
4 'something' = 4. system / 4. brighttest system?
a) According to wikipedia, it's Maia.
b) according to Rizals list it's Merope.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=195658&p=3385999&viewfull=1#post3385999

PR5 = ????
Row2 = Maia B (second row)
Seat 5 and 6 = doesn't fit any position in Maia / Merope does it? It sounds like you're supposed to sit between two bodies and observe.

Hm. No. Making no sense at all.

WOW! How did you find it?!?!?! :D
That post was made sooooo much time ago, when I was assuming the 7 markings on the UA could be related to the 7 Sisters, and not without some opposition :D
BTW could be a good thing to refresh it, as the markings are still there... watching us... ;)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom