UAs, Barnacles & More Thread 5 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
So I've just had my game crash (completely freeze) while on Pleiades Sector DL-Y D65 1, coordinates 3.5595, -80.6319 - heading 114

Edit: finally got this error message:

View attachment 94475

I have, unfortunately, had my game crash in this way many, many times (generally while flying out in empty space). I've read that it may be related to having a factory overclocked GTX 980... you wouldn't happen to have one of those would you?

The UI drives me crazy in VR. I have a button mapped so that when I'm holding it the UI doesn't pop up, but I wish it had a toggle mode.

HUD.png

Last edited:

NecoMachina

N
Well yes, if they were sent the order or our letters then they would indeed have the order. But now you need a good reason for someone doing that. It's not really a solution.

Anyway, all I wanted to say was that if they don't have a *very* good reason for using our language it'll be a real annoyance.
I'm not an Elite lore expert by any means, so forgive me if I'm incorrect, but didn't the Thargoids have extensive contact and communication with the Alliance? Pretty sure the Alliance saved them from some bio-weapon or something and the Thargoids gave them one of their capital ships as a thank you? Explains how they know morse code and our language.

Af anyone likes conspiracy theories these systems were previously permit locked.
Maybe not all of us took the time to look them up.

· Pleiades Sector HR-W D1-79
· Pleiades Sector DL-Y D68
· Pleiades Sector DL-Y D65
· Pleiades Sector HR-W D1-74
· Pleiades Sector HR-W D-177
· Pleiades Sector HR-W D1-76
· Pleiades Sector DL-Y D67
· Pleiades Sector HR-W D1-75
Pleiades Sector HR-W D1-78

PS, some of them doesn't even have planets in them...

My money is on them being in previously locked systems.

Just have to think, 'if you were invading an enemy civilization, where would you put a forward base?

I have, unfortunately, had my game crash in this way many, many times (generally while flying out in empty space). I've read that it may be related to having a factory overclocked GTX 980... you wouldn't happen to have one of those would you?

Ahh, yea I have 2 760s in SLI, and both are overclocked from factory default.

Ahh, yea I have 2 760s in SLI, and both are overclocked from factory default.

Run KBoost (with EVGA Precision X 16)

It solves the factory overclocked issue caused by the voltage jumping up from idle under load (only seems to effect Elite Dangerous). Saves crippling the card by downclocking it. For SLI cards you have to disable SLI, run Kboost then enable SLI again I believe but check first.

Last edited:
What part of nebula is the most dense with particles?

Would the dark part make sense?

HR-W D1-79 is the only system within this dark area of the nebula that has landable planets.... the other seems to be Sterope II

Everyday drones that try to ruin you as you enter that lock-down area you can see on your sensor. Fairly easy to kill them, just don't stand in the middle.

If I post this sign, will they go away?
web_horiz_FAA_NDZ_white.jpg
Shooting at drones here on earth in 2015/2016 has been known to land people in jail :)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom