UAs, Barnacles & More Thread 5 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Had Pleiades Sector HR-W d1-79 been permit locked before? Was searching inside that system a couple of days ago as it was so nicely centered between the sisters.... Of course, I couldn't find anything...

I say it's all randomized and all we have to do is search until a barnacle pops up somewhere. PoI are already randomized in every planet of the galaxy, there is no need to think otherwise for alien structures

I suspect like most life forms they will have a preferred habitat type. We just don't know what it is yet. But probably within that, random yeah.

Assuming that the planet you're on meets the criteria that allow them to form...

You could of read my whole post, it's quite short to be fair

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

If they do spawn from an RNG then it makes no difference if you go back to your ship or not because there is no counter. As long as you're on a planet that might spawn a barnacle you have as much chance to find it in any given PoI.

Source of no counter>?

So I've been checking out Pleiades Sector HR-W D1-79 Noticed about 6-7 POI's near eachother(Close enough to see them all on radar) and decided to land and check one out, upon landing and deploying i had a weird issues of hearing my srv deploy(it repeated a couple times but eh) but a black loading screen for about 20-40 seconds(I thought could be a CTD)(compared to nearly instant load for me normally) instead it loaded in Found a mining base nearby....But really long loading time was quite odd so if anyones interesting in checking out the area its planet A 1 and the cords are -9.1599 and 58.5698 (tho i was a bit weirded out at the load time and forgot to take my ships cords but this isnt far away from it)...Normally i would put it down as just a bad loading time but with people reporting CTD's while searching for the Barnacles i thought it might be interesting!..

Definition of the word "random".

Oh a counter argument!

stopsillyd.jpg

Hello,
Do we have an interpretation of the little bips emit by UAs between the 3 purrs ? It's seem like à binary code : there is beeps just above 1000Hz and others just bellow. So far i don't see repetion. (i'am not talking about the morse code that give the ships drawing).

I've updated the OP with this added infos:

Previously Permit-Locked Systems in the Pleiades Region, now unlocked
In Bold, the Systems inside the Nebula, and with landable Bodies

• Pleiades Sector HR-W D1-79 (2 landable Bodies)
  • Pleiades Sector DL-Y D68
  • Pleiades Sector DL-Y D65 (2 landable Bodies)
  • Pleiades Sector HR-W D1-74 (14 landable Bodies)
  • Pleiades Sector HR-W D1-77
  • Pleiades Sector HR-W D1-76
  • Pleiades Sector DL-Y D67
  • Pleiades Sector HR-W D1-75
  • Pleiades Sector HR-W D1-78

Worth to take a look!

After spending few days looking for barnicles in Pleiades (Merope, Maia, Pleione and few other of Pleiades sector systems) I cannot but come up with the conclusion that they are not there. Maybe they are, but when considering that dozens of CMDRs has been unsuccessful finding them regardless weeks of attempts, maybe we are indeed wasting the time?

So I thought to change the place. I wonder why the UAs point to Merope even there seems to be nothing? While floating in space around Merope my eyes caught something which "spoke" to me, basically saying "look here". So I immediately accessed galactic map but found out that my Python could not figure the route there; maybe because it is only B-class and can only jump about 12 LY unladen. So I head back towards civilization for setting up a long range scout ship in which I can reach my destination.

But why are UAs pointing to Merope? Maybe it is because they want to get there? Maybe Merope is going to be target system of some unknown intelligence? The UAs pointing there suggest that they want to get there (CMDRs picking them up eventually everyone flew to Merope and thus the UAs got the ride)? Thinking in these lines made me wonder if their origin is elsewhere (and after all we've found nothing from Pleiades) and for some reason they have targetted Merope. Due this I decided to "change environment" so to speak. I will report if I find anything interesting but I won't disclose my destination yet.

-v

Oh a counter argument!

View attachment 94581

Are you suggesting that there is some sort of counter, that a pilot needs to spend a certain amount of time on the surface or visit a certain number of PoIs before they have any chance of finding a barnacle? Because if so it would change how people are looking, but I've seen no mention of this at all, and in my opinion would be a very underhand way of doing things.

I've updated the OP with this added infos:

Previously Permit-Locked Systems in the Pleiades Region, now unlocked
In Bold, the Systems inside the Nebula, and with landable Bodies

• Pleiades Sector HR-W D1-79 (2 landable Bodies)
  • Pleiades Sector DL-Y D68
  • Pleiades Sector DL-Y D65 (2 landable Bodies)
  • Pleiades Sector HR-W D1-74 (14 landable Bodies)
  • Pleiades Sector HR-W D1-77
  • Pleiades Sector HR-W D1-76
  • Pleiades Sector DL-Y D67
  • Pleiades Sector HR-W D1-75
  • Pleiades Sector HR-W D1-78

Worth to take a look!

Nice! D1-74 looks like a challenge!

I've checked out the 2 on each Pleiades Sector HR-W D1-79 and Pleiades Sector DL-Y D65 and nothing jumped out at me. It was a fairly cursory check of the terrain and a few POIs before moving on. On to HR-W D1-74, which I've been putting off as there are 14 rather uninspiring looking planets to land on! However it is the only M class main star in the Nebula...

Hello,
Do we have an interpretation of the little bips emit by UAs between the 3 purrs ? It's seem like à binary code : there is beeps just above 1000Hz and others just bellow. So far i don't see repetion. (i'am not talking about the morse code that give the ships drawing).

They are simple audio effects to mark the Purrs, they are static audio files, 3 of them, always the same. Same for the Background noise, 5 seconds loop, always repeating.

There's nothing in them, just sound effects to add depth to the UA sound. They've been deeply analyzed already.

I've been looking at the landable bodies at D1-79 for a couple of days now. Nothing interesting so far, other than some crash remains with narcotics and personal weapons. Well, I say nothing interesting. There's some great canyons on D1-79 3 1 that I spent some time flying through when I got bored of driving around in circles. All was going well, until I got carried away and smacked into the side. 44% hull remaining. Oooops. Note to self: Stop showing off.

Help needed. Self starters required for misty crater exploration working under your own initiative.

Apply within.

Should have experience searching the misty craters that are permanent (mostly) on tidally locked planets. These exist in a narrow area around the planet, where the light side meets the dark side. They are pitch black inside. Bring a torch.

Rich in volatiles they would be a serious contender as a permanent source of nutrition for a large lifeform and follows a specific line of enquiry. Most likely round planets in the Pleiades nebula, with a metal content of 30%, or higher, but all should be checked. Temperature range should not be so high as to melt metal, or so low as to inhibit volatiles in craters.

The pay is terrible (there isn't any), but the job is easier than scouring a whole planet. Circumnavigate this potential goldilocks zone and once the misty craters in this hinterland between light and shadow is spotted from orbital cruise, just drop down and investigate.

There is no pension, you'll be working on your own all the time, the breaks are unpaid and the cleaner will accidentally-on purpose hit you on the back of the head with a bucket as they go past.

Canvassing will disqualify.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom